The MoFo Top 100 of the 2000s Countdown

→ in
Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Guessing Memento for one of the next ones...

77 points, 5 lists
The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada
Director

Tommy Lee Jones, 2005

Starring

Tommy Lee Jones, Barry Pepper, Dwight Yoakam, January Jones

77 points, 6 lists
Caché
Director

Michael Haneke, 2005

Starring

Daniel Auteuil, Juliette Binoche, Annie Girardot, Bernard Le Coq

Cache was my first Haneke. I really liked it but definitely need to see it again. Watched Three Burials for this countdown. Really solid but didn't make my list.

A system of cells interlinked
Ah, the first film from my list has appeared!

My wife and I watched The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada a couple of months ago, and I watched it a second time more recently. We both LOVED this movie. Without Holden's recommendation, I probably would never have heard of this one, let alone watched it.

Three Burials was all the way up at #7 on my list.

I watched Three Burials for the Westerns countdown and really liked it. It made my ballot for that countdown, but missed the final cut for this one. Two other Westerns did make it onto my ballot, though.

I haven't seen Cache.

Seen: 8/16

My Ballot:
6. Hedwig and the Angry Inch (#91)
25. Surf's Up (One-Pointer)

Two good films. The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada almost made my Westerns list, I rewatched Caché after it made an appearance in the Foreign-language Countdown and it still held up well for me. Neither made my list here though.

Seen: 9/16 (Own: 7/16)
My ballot:  

Faildictions (millennial edition v1.0):
84. Waltz With Bashir (2008)
83. Adaptation (2002)

I love this but also it is very upsetting.
Yeah, I nearly changed it as I was worried someone was gonna cut wise over just what is he doing with his hands?

Welcome to the human race...
One vote. Three Burials is the first film on my ballot to crack the list, a film I checked out primarily because Holden Pike once referred to it as his favourite of the decade and one that's held up as a pretty strong neo-Western where TLJ's ageing cowboy tries to enact his own particular brand of frontier justice on the man who killed his friend, though it's not nearly as simple as that. I watched Caché earlier this year and thought it was very good, though I ultimately did not vote for it.

I haven't seen any of these. I knew about Caché, but my experience with Haneke is limited to Funny Games only. I had barely heard of Three Burials and didn't know it was held in such high esteem. Barely know anything about it.

Reply to Topic