The MoFo Top 100 of the 2000s Countdown

→ in
Tools    

I've seen 4/8 films so far.
I've been watching one movie on the list a day. Finished Y Tu Mama Tambien. The realism of the film is very heavy, making it feel like a mostly real road trip. It had some good character development and dynamics as well. It went out of its way to be sexual a bit too often sometimes getting in the way of the story it also set up, and I felt that the narrations were overused, but overall I enjoyed it.

Also watched House of 1000 Corpses for The Devils Rejects, which also goes out of its way to do its own adult content business, but this time there's hardly any plot or character development to get in the way of. The b-movie effects and acting were right in tune with the film's approach, which I thought made the movie better than it deserved to be.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Well it's not Little Shop of Horrors (lil shop o'terrors!). I'm thinkin' Moulin Rouge!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I'm sure that it's no surprise to anyone that I haven't seen Devil's Rejects, and I have no intention of ever watching it.

I watched Pride & Prejudice for this countdown because it was one of my mom's favorite movies, and I found the DVD in her DVD collection. It was good, but it didn't make my list. (But my mom would have loved that it made the MoFo list. )

I've been watching one movie on the list a day. Finished Y Tu Mama Tambien. The realism of the film is very heavy, making it feel like a mostly real road trip. It had some good character development and dynamics as well. It went out of its way to be sexual a bit too often sometimes getting in the way of the story it also set up, and I felt that the narrations were overused, but overall I enjoyed it.

Also watched House of 1000 Corpses for The Devils Rejects, which also goes out of its way to do its own adult content business, but this time there's hardly any plot or character development to get in the way of. The b-movie effects and acting were right in tune with the film's approach, which I thought made the movie better than it deserved to be.

Y Tu Mama Tambien has been on my watchlist for a while. I'll have to get to it one of these days.

Could be Mamma Mia!
With Brosnan singing it is debatable as to whether it counts as a musical or horror though

I hope it is Lars Von Trier's musical.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A system of cells interlinked
Saw and Chicago

The Devil's Rejects on a Top 100 of all movies from the 2000s?

And Pride & Prejudice? I liked it but it’s not on my list... anyway, those devils should've been rejected alright. It's probably Spaulding who made multiple fake accounts to get it on here.

Next reveal in a couple of minutes...

The Devil's Rejects on a Top 100 of all movies from the 2000s?

And Pride & Prejudice? Not seen it so whatever... but those devils should've been rejected alright. It's probably Spaulding who made multiple fake accounts to get it on here.

Yep, and that's the beauty of it, cause it ranked very high on three of those four lists (1, 5, 6, and 22). So the ones that love it, *really love it*

70 points, 5 lists
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
Director

Julian Schnabel, 2007

Starring

Mathieu Amalric, Emmanuelle Seigner, Marie-Josée Croze, Anne Consigny

72 points, 7 lists
Hedwig and the Angry Inch
Director

John Cameron Mitchell, 2001

Starring

John Cameron Mitchell, Miriam Shor, Stephen Trask, Theodore Liscinski