A scary thing happened on the way to the Movie Forums - Horrorcrammers

Tools    

Don't know Doig but he's been hanging with Jennifer Tilly. According to the photos though, it's clearly only my brother who is stoked by this.
*dispirited stabbing motion*

Don't know Doig but he's been hanging with Jennifer Tilly. According to the photos though, it's clearly only my brother who is stoked by this.
While we're asking for celebrity-related favours, can he ask Jennifer Tilly what it was like working on Canadian classic The Wrong Guy starring the great Dave Foley?

My question is more altruistic than Janson's.

My question is more altruistic than Janson's.
*spirited stab*

Will only keep this up briefly, and wouldn't post it at all if it wasn't for the fact my brother is splashing this on every corner of the internet.

Cranberry juice soothes those homicidal urges.

Nice review, Stu. I especially liked the bit about how Lambs doesn’t become exploitative.
Thanks, Des! And oh yeah, even though Silence is obviously a very disturbing experience, it pretty much always has an air of class and intelligence about it, which is a big part of why it works so well, as opposed to something like Split, where, while I didn't necessarily have a major problem with its presentation of some fairly realistic kidnapping/sexual assault/child abuse scenarios, that just didn't work when combined with the fantastical, pseudo-scientific premise, and the somewhat schlock-y tone M. Knight seems to specialize in, you know? It's like, either side could've worked just fine on their own, but when they're put together, it's just an awkward fit, IMO.

hi all

Victim of The Night
I was looking for an image from a movie in my Imgur pages and realized I have a fair number of images.
Would any of my fellow 'Crammers have any interest in a short, mostly Horror screen-cap game?
I feel like we haven't had one in a bit and I find them diverting.
Lemme know if you feel like it, if there's significant interest I'll do one with what I have and then maybe somebody else can pick it up.

I was looking for an image from a movie in my Imgur pages and realized I have a fair number of images.
Would any of my fellow 'Crammers have any interest in a short, mostly Horror screen-cap game?
Lemme know if you feel like it, if there's significant interest I'll do one with what I have and then maybe somebody else can pick it up.
Yes, please!
Just don't tell Takoma.

I'll play as well.

Yes, please!
Just don't tell Takoma.
Lol that's the only reason I've gotten any of the ones in the games subforum.

Hi, Zeph! Is it safe to assume that you're a bit of a Horror fan since you're in here, eh?

Fear Street 1994 was really bad...that’s not gonna stop me from watching the sequels.

Fear Street 1994 was really bad...that’s not gonna stop me from watching the sequels.
Really? It got pretty solid reviews on RT (a 7.2, the last time I checked it)...

Really? It got pretty solid reviews on RT (a 7.2, the last time I checked it)...
Yeah it’s getting a lot of buzz online. The second half of the movie is better than the first.

The Brides of Dracula -

This is another fine entry in the Hammer Dracula series, which I'm going through for the first time. I can't explain why, but there's something uniquely exciting about sequels to established properties like this one. Is it because of the world and character building possibilities? Is it simply because another "bride," sequel, Bride of Frankenstein, is so good? I don't know, but this movie lived up to my anticipation. While David Peel is no Christopher Lee, he's no slouch either; besides, he instilled different kinds of fear and loathing in me. Instead of being an animalistic menace like Dracula, he comes across as spoiled, entitled and overly foppish, all of which are equally valid villain traits. Speaking of character development, I approve of what Terence Fisher and company do with Van Helsing here. Besides seeming to have more screen time, I like that I know more about what he's like instead of just what he does. His time spent with Marianne and friend Dr. Tobler is a joy to watch, as is how he acts in desperate situations and without all of his tools at his disposal like the windmill finale. It's not perfect - Melly and Deveraux's characters are too underused for my liking, it ends a tad abruptly and while it's not entirely the filmmakers' fault because an accident destroyed the original, the Baron's bat form is unintentionally funny. I'm still ready for the next entry, which I hope has more Melly...uh, good Dracula moments.