The Movie Forums Top 100 of All-Time Refresh: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Tomorrow's hint:

It's not going to stop.
As the proper guesses I thought of have already been said.....I'll just guess

Logistics ('cos it's 857 hrs long)

Stand By Me and Paris, Texas are both great movies that I didn't even consider. But I love 'em both.

Still standing at #19 for The Searchers (96) and #1 for To Kill a Mockingbird (85) I've seen 20/24.

It's Not Going to Stop?

Jaws
All About Eve

WARNING: "" spoilers below
The former due to its status as a living, breathing, killing machine.
The latter due to its depiction of fame and its endless array of those who want the spotlight.

I’m glad American Beauty made the final list. Stayed away from that movie for years not being bothered because of the hype. When I finally gave in I absolutely loved it.
I’m amazed 3 of my movies have made the top 100 so far. Thought my entire list would be a great big thumbs down.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
When's this thing gonna stop?

It's not ever gonna stop man!

Wonder if the clue might refer to that bloody awful zither music that seems endless in The Third Man

Wonder if the clue might refer to that bloody awful zither music that seems endless in The Third Man

When's this thing gonna stop?

It's not ever gonna stop man!

That movie's good, but not quite worth top 100.

Having said that, PLEASE MAKE THE TOP 100.

• 83 points
  • 4 lists
74. Magnolia

Director

Paul Thomas Anderson, 1999

Starring

Jeremy Blackman, Tom Cruise, Philip Baker Hall, Philip Seymour Hoffman

• 83 points
  • 7 lists
73. Metropolis

Director

Fritz Lang, 1927

Starring

Gustav Fröhlich, Brigitte Helm, Alfred Abel, Rudolf Klein-Rogge

I have never these movies and I guess I was wrong a 20s movies actually made it, watch a 30s movie will make it too lol.

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

I haven't seen Magnolia in a long time, not one of PTA's bests but still pretty good.

Metropolis is an amazingly acted film with wonderful effects and sets, very deserving of being on the list

Bam!

I love Magnolia, it’s probably a favorite of mine. I used to love it even more and my recent rewatch probably brought it down just a bit and ultimately out of my potential 25. But I still love it. I used to really love this PTA, but it’s clear to see he was still learning and finding his voice here.

I still haven’t seen Metropolis despite having seen probably about half. I loved what I saw but it does require a lot of investment and I just didn’t have that at the time. I would rather wait and actually watch it proper. But it sure seems great and just for influence and revolution alone it deserves to be here.