The Movie Forums Top 100 of All-Time Refresh: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Hanks would probably be my second choice, but at the end of the day it boils down to personal preferences. For example, I would throw in Swimming with Sharks, A Bug's Life, and maybe even The Ref on Spacey's side. As for Hanks, I'm not a huge fan of The Green Mile (or Forrest Gump for that matter) and I haven't seen A League of Their Own, Sleepless in Seattle, or That Thing You Do, so I tend to lean more towards Spacey. Add to that the fact that two or three of those Spacey films would make my Top 25 whereas none of Hanks would

It's close, though.
That's fine, I was just trying to look at it objectively.

Suspect's Reviews

Tomorrow's hint:

Leon and The Shining or Spider Man 2

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

That's fine, I was just trying to look at it objectively.
No, that's ok. It's good discussion. And like I said, they're both very close to me. I just lean more towards Spacey.

That said, I should probably check out those Hanks films I haven't seen, especially A League of Their Own.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I love musicals, and West Side Story is one of the best musicals ever made. It's a classic story with great songs. It was #3 on my 1960s list, and it's #7 on my list for this countdown.

I saw American Beauty in the theater many years ago, but I didn't remember much about it, so I rewatched it for this countdown. It's a good movie, but it's a movie that I respect more than I like.

My list so far:
2) E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982)
7) West Side Story (1961)
25) Sunday in New York (1963) (My 1-pointer)

No, that's ok. It's good discussion. And like I said, they're both very close to me. I just lean more towards Spacey.

That said, I should probably check out those Hanks films I haven't seen, especially A League of Their Own.
I was surprised by how much I liked A League of Their Own, and I don't even like baseball. Smart movie script.

Same for me with baseball... but A League Of Their Own is a solid movie tbh.
One of the best sports movies ever made.

West Side Story is a film that I've long had a problem watching. Not because I don't want to but because somehow I keep missing it when it airs...anywhere. I've also recorded it a couple of times and one time erased it to make room for something else (I forget what but it was important to me at the time ) and the other time there was a cable glitch and everything recorded on the DVR got erased. It's almost as if the fates don't want me to watch it. I have seen bits of it before I really got interested in it---and it was those bits, or scenes that make me want to see it. I've seen the opening and the Gee, Officer Krupke! number and a bit where a younger kid (I think it's a girl trying to act like one of the boy gang members) wants to prove herself and gets sent on some mission or takes it upon herself---I didn't get to see what happened. I am interested. I mean, Robert Wise is one of my favorite directors just for his sheer body of work, and I love Natalie Wood, so, one day, one day.

American Beauty is one I saw at the cinemas and really liked it but haven't seen it again after that one time. Again, one day.

16 out of 22 seen.

• 79 points
  • 9 lists
78. Star Wars: A New Hope

Director

George Lucas, 1977

Starring

Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Peter Cushing

• 80 points
  • 5 lists
77. Young Frankenstein

Director