Holiday Movie Hall of Fame

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

A film that I watch both Christmas and Halloween seasons. I loved this film as a kid and still marvel at the animation today. With catchy songs, creative character designs and that Tim Burton style, Nightmare Before Christmas has remained a holiday classic

My son watched it, he loved it. He loves Halloween stuff and wants to continue watching Halloween stuff today. I'm trying to get him on the Christmas kick though.

There was a point in life when Emo Kids latched onto this film. I think that time has passed now, which is nice, ahahaha.

What are Emo Kids?

Emo is shorthand for emotional and is used to describe overly sad teens and early 20’s in the late 90’s to mid 2000’s I think? I might be off on the time line.
It was used pejoratively but some embraced it

I have no idea what this means.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Emo Kids

aka Goths.
They wear dark clothing, listen to angst filled rock music and pretend that everything is dismal and bleak because their friends do.

Emo Kids

aka Goths.
They wear dark clothing, listen to angst filled rock music and pretend that everything is dismal and bleak because their friends do.
Yeah well emo/goth doesnt stop in their 20s... I know people in their 30's and 40's that way..

I like wearing black and like dark stuff.. but my daughter calls me "edgy" thats all.

The trick is not minding
Yeah well emo/goth doesnt stop in their 20s... I know people in their 30's and 40's that way..

I like wearing black and like dark stuff.. but my daughter calls me "edgy" thats all.
Somehow I imagined you dressing like Stevie Nicks. “Witchy” bohemian style as it’s been referred to. 🤔

Somehow I imagined you dressing like Stevie Nicks. “Witchy” bohemian style as it’s been referred to. 🤔
Nope... black tshirt, jeans and chucks or brooks tennis shoes...

Usually comic book/pop culture tshirt or astronomy shirt..

The trick is not minding

Props for the comic book t shirts.
Also, astronomy.

Props for the comic book t shirts.
Also, astronomy.
I have several tshirts from this company.. they come to comicon every year..

https://www.teeturtle.com/

Guardians, Xmen and Grogu... aka Baby Yoda. I have shirts no longer on the site as well.

I wear t-shirts and jeans most of the time too, but my t-shirts are usually Looney Tunes, Star Trek, Star Wars, or NY Mets. (Hubby wears comic book t-shirts.)

Just Friends
(2005)
Directed by Roger Kumble
Nominated by MovieGal

I nominated this as I have a few friends who like this kind of comedy but I didn't find anything funny about it. There were a few good comedy scenes with Anna Faris but I did not find Ryan Reynolds or anyone else funny. Some of the scenes were stupid. I think that is what they were going for because it's your normal "hot girl/fat guy best friend in high school, years later, a fat guy gets hot and tries to hook up with best friend girl and it just doesn't work out".

It wasn't terrible but wasn't great tho. Oh well, I guess next year I can find something more likable.

I liked it. Not the greatest, but the Britney Spears satire was hilarious.
See I didnt catch that because I am not a fan of Brittany Spears and have no clue what was going on with that.

See I didnt catch that because I am not a fan of Brittany Spears and have no clue what was going on with that.
Yeah, I'm not a fan of Brittany Spears either. I didn't catch it until my wife pointed it out, otherwise I might not never had known.

I caught it only because of how big Spears was prior to that
I didn't catch it at all... I don't follow pop stars or care to hear their music... so I was lost.

The trick is not minding
I didn't catch it at all... I don't follow pop stars or care to hear their music... so I was lost.
Neither did I. I was just a young guy who thought she was hot. 🤷

Just Friends
(2005)
Directed by Roger Kumble
Nominated by MovieGal

I nominated this as I have a few friends who like this kind of comedy but I didn't find anything funny about it. There were a few good comedy scenes with Anna Faris but I did not find Ryan Reynolds or anyone else funny. Some of the scenes were stupid. I think that is what they were going for because it's your normal "hot girl/fat guy best friend in high school, years later, a fat guy gets hot and tries to hook up with best friend girl and it just doesn't work out".

It wasn't terrible but wasn't great tho. Oh well, I guess next year I can find something more likable.

Was Just Friends a blind nom for you?