Holiday Movie Hall of Fame

Tools    

I have 2 movies left to watch of this Hall of Fame but I can find many more holiday shows and movies until this is over. I may not watch for a few days. I found a french series on Netflix I have been watching.

I have 2 movies left to watch of this Hall of Fame but I can find many more holiday shows and movies until this is over. I may not watch for a few days. I found a french series on Netflix I have been watching.
What's the name of the French series?

I think I'll watch a bonus Thanksgiving day movie on Thanksgiving along with some Thanksgiving day pizza! We're in lockdown here and so I'm not going to my parents house as usual for Thanksgiving...so no Turkey

What's the name of the French series?

I think I'll watch a bonus Thanksgiving day movie on Thanksgiving along with some Thanksgiving day pizza! We're in lockdown here and so I'm not going to my parents house as usual for Thanksgiving...so no Turkey
Here is the show
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Baz...a_Charit%C3%A9

You can watch "Charlie Brown Thanksgiving"...

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Just Friends

Reynolds in front of the mirror is him purely performing improv to get the laughs. It felt like Reynolds was doing a lot of heavy lifting to try and keep this film afloat. He had a little help from Anna Faris, but the majority of the laughs fall on his shoulders and one man can only do so much. The film tries to be a rom-com but it wants to separate itself from that "toxic" formula as well. The result is an odd mix and match.

The fat suit could have used some work but is serviceable for the most part. Some laughs are had and a lot of my friends quote this movie endlessly...why, I have no idea.

Suspect's Reviews

I plan on watching The Bishop’s Wife as well for this. I’ve read it takes place during Christmas
Hmmm. White Christmas is available on Netflix....
I love White Christmas and I only first watched it a few years ago. The Bishop's Wife is good too. Happy Watching

The trick is not minding
I love White Christmas and I only first watched it a few years ago. The Bishop's Wife is good too. Happy Watching
Once I knock out a few more I’ll get to them. White Christmas is one that’s been on my radar for so long but I keep putting it off every year.

Once I knock out a few more I’ll get to them. White Christmas is one that’s been on my radar for so long but I keep putting it off every year.
It's been beautiful restored to HD quality and being shot in Technicolor it looks great.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
The Year Without a Santa Claus

I grew up watching Rudolph and Frosty. In reality this would have been a nice third option, I think Santa Claus is Coming to Town is what mine was back then though. So I don't have a lot of nostalgia for this but it's a pretty cool story.

I like Snow Mizer and Heat Mizer and I wish they were more involved with the film. The mother nature part didn't do a whole ton for me though. I do like most of the characters in this though, including a pretty nice Mrs. Claus performance.

The songs themselves are ok. Not as catch as in some of the other films but not annoying either. It's a sweet easy watch.

-

MovieGal has got the Holiday spirit!
You said this earlier in the thread..

There are some New Year's ones as well that Rankin Bass did.

Why is everyone watching my choice first???

Edit: oh yeah, there is a Finnish film released around Thanksgiving in 2012. I wonder if that would qualify as a "Holiday" movie.

hey @pahaK

Is Stobe Harju's Imaginaerum considered a Holiday movie? I love Stobe's music videos he directed.. and I really would like to watch this.

hey @pahaK

Is Stobe Harju's Imaginaerum considered a Holiday movie? I love Stobe's music videos he directed.. and I really would like to watch this.
I have no idea. I only know it as a Nightwish movie, and haven't seen it (as a band film I expect it to be cringy).

The trick is not minding
The Nightmare Before Christmas

For years I have just never gotten around to watching this film. Thanks to this HOF, I finally have.
It tells the story of Jack, the king of Halloween Town. But something is missing from his life. He’s stuck in a rut. And while out on a stroll he discovers Christmas Town and decided that Yes! This is the answer! Switch with Santa and switch Holidays!
It doesn’t work out as well as he hopes, and discovers that maybe his life wasn’t as bad as it seemed?
The story is unique, as only that could come from the mind of Tim Burton and hops along at a brisk speed (76 mins).
The songs are what’s memorable here, as I found myself nodding my head and smiling as they went from one to another.*
The characters were mostly forgettable outside of a Jack and Sally. But that hardly matters when those two are the focus anyways. And the stop motion is seamless. Simply amazing.
Really great nomination, Thursday!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms
(2018)
Directed by Lasse Hallström and Joe Johnston

A dramatic movie based on the short story by E. T. A. Hoffmann "The Nutcracker and The Mouse King" and Tchaikovsky's ballet "The Nutcracker". Story of Clara, a young girl who has lost her mother, and a gift that she received on Christmas Eve of an egg-shaped box, with a missing key. In search of the key, leads Clara to the land of Four Realms, one reigned over by her mother, Marie. There is a war brewing between three of the realms against the fourth, which was a ruse so that one ruler, The Sugar Plum Fairy, would now and always rule the realms.

I love ballet and have only seen pieces of The Nutcracker. This is a delightful family tale for everyone to enjoy, It even has the story of the Princess and the Mouse King within it.

This sounds very interesting. I haven't seen The Nutcracker since I was a kid, but I remember loving it. I might watch this movie if I can find the time.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I plan on watching The Bishop’s Wife as well for this. I’ve read it takes place during Christmas

I love The Bishop’s Wife. When I had my shortlist for this HoF narrowed down to only two movies, The Bishop’s Wife was the other movie that I was considering.

The trick is not minding
I love The Bishop’s Wife. When I had my shortlist for this HoF narrowed down to only two movies, The Bishop’s Wife was the other movie that I was considering.
I’ll definitely watch it sometime in December after a few more of these nominations nocked off.
Along with White Christmas and the 1935 version of A Christmas Carol.

The Nightmare Before Christmas
(1993)

First: I liked it....Stop motion works so much better for me than most animation does. Most animation looks flat to me, while stop motion looks three dimensional when done well...and this was done well!

Second...I'd never seen this until now, so a big thanks to Thursday Next for choosing it.

Third: The songs were great, really catchy and well placed in the movie. They conveyed the emotions of the scene. I'm not sure why people say they don't like musicals, when non-musical fans will like a movie like this.

Fourth: The world building was very detailed and dare I say 'fleshed out' I love the creativity of all the denizens of Halloween Town. I even spotted a Jacob Marley inspired character. Lots of cool stuff to see!

Firth: I especially liked the characters of Jack and Sally. The mad professor was real colorful too and fun.

The Nightmare Before Christmas reminded me of the old Adams Family TV show, I bet Tim Burton use to watch that when he was a kid. Mostly what I liked was the sadness and hope of Sally. She gave the film heart.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-11-23 09-35-24.png
Views:	213
Size:	352.3 KB
ID:	69207  

A service tech here at work told me about a movie called "A House Without A Christmas Tree". I haven't looked it up yet.