"Start the reactorrr. Free marrrrrrr *BANG!!*

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
middle finger extended - MY kind of kid lol

CONGRATS Usual!!!

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

Timecrimes

Well, I think I need to watch this again at some point.
Revisit the timeline as it were.

Not for anything that goes on through the movie, but how it ends.
Were we supposed to be left hanging?
Did he get rid of Hector #1 and #2 along with the innocent girl with this final trip or is this a permanent loop?

Anyway, I do agree with many that actions seem to be done simply because they were done and must be repeated, which, may be keeping the story more concise since changing patterns in other time stories always cause more problems than solutions. So, perhaps that settles that. And I believe it was Siddon who remarked if you look at it more as a horror, it becomes more entertaining. It definitely had some dark comedic turns within it that would assist that.

So, at the end of the day and the end of my flight, I seem to be on the fence in regards to this one.
Don't hate it, don't love it, and I'm not even indifferent. Though I definitely don't regret seeing it and perhaps, I may see it again.
I'll have to ask Ed #2 or even Ed #3 what they think.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Timecrimes

Love me some time travel flicks.

I'm always interested in what set of rules they give themselves. Can someone change the past? Is them trying to change the past simply not going to work and what they did is what they've always done? Timecrimes tries to have it both ways. Our lead believes he must set everything up the way it was before because that's how he originally saw it. Then as we dive deeper, he tries to change it up, fix mistakes...but can he? A low budget sic/fi time travel film that uses our general intrigue to propel a pretty basic story into something a little bit more meaty.

I had fun with this one. I did hope to be surprised a bit more than I was though. As with Deja Vu, we know that as soon as time travel is an option that the first go around we are seeing is usually not the characters first go around. So there are clues littered in the scene that one should pay attention to. A red vehicle smacking into our characters car and never showing up again? That seems suspect. So Timecrimes fails to pull the rug out from under the viewer with surprises (save for one moment towards the end for me at least) but the final result is still an enthralling time looping head scratcher.

Suspect's Reviews

movies can be okay...
List sent.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

@ahwell @Citizen Rules @edarsenal @John-Connor @Okay @rauldc14 @ScarletLion @Siddon @TheUsualSuspect

Since everyone finished a little early, we can do the reveal ahead of schedule. I won't be able to do it today, but I can do tomorrow or Friday sometime between 1:30pm-4:00pm Eastern. I'm not working Saturday so I can do any time between 5:30am-6:30pm that day.

In the meantime, if anyone wants to head down to their local book store or library's sci-fi section and try to figure out which novels I included cover art from to make our header image, here are some hints:

1. Written by a female author. This book won both the Hugo and Nebula awards for best novel.
2. Written by a former president of the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America. The second book in his acclaimed series.
3. Written by two authors under one name. The third of eight books which have been turned into a SyFy/Amazon original series.
4. Written by an American author. The first book in this series will soon be seeing a new film adaptation from a respected Canadian director.
5. Written by one of The Big Three. Has a Russian film adaptation, despite the original book being heavily censored there.

I have to head to work soon before I'm late, but I wanted to confirm that I'll be doing the reveal early this afternoon. Everything is ready, so once I get home from work (and get something to eat), I'll be good to go. I'm aiming for 1-1:30pm Eastern.

Two of the five novels have been corrected identified. John-Connor and Suspect will get commendations* added to their files for their good work. Here's an extra clue for each the remaining images:

2. Netflix is producing a film based on the first book in this series, which was the debut novel of the author.
3. Amazon recently ordered a fifth season of this series' tv adaptation, despite the fourth not being released until this coming December.
5. Written by the author of "the three laws of robotics", a concept which has since been embraced by many screen-writers.

*-commendations have no bearing on the HoF and exist solely for bragging rights.

Suspect now has 3 commendations on the record. Excellent.
Here's a final clue for the last image, in case anyone is around waiting for the reveal and wants something to think about while I'm getting dinner:

2. The author also wrote a Star Trek parody that won both the Hugo Award for Best Novel and the Locus Award for Best Science Fiction Novel.

It doesn't look like many are online, but I'll be starting the reveal momentarily anyway. For anyone on mobile, or who can't see the images posted by John-Connor and Suspect, here are the titles of the novels used in the main banner. John Scalzi's "The Ghost Brigades" was the only one not found:

1. Ursula K. Le Guin, The Left Hand of Darkness
2. John Scalzi, The Ghost Brigades
3. James S.A. Corey, Abaddon's Gate
4. Frank Herbert, Gob Emperor of Dune
5. Isaac Asimov, The End of Eternity

I’m 95 percent positive Aliens will win, so I’m more interested to see how everything else will place.

These were the voyages of the 2nd Science Fiction Hall of Fame.
It's three month mission: to explore strange, new films.
To seek out new stories, and new adaptations.
To boldy watch what no man has seen before.

Stardate 0801.19: The computer was able to chart a faster route through the asteroid field, so we've managed to safely land at our destination a few days earlier than scheduled. The mission was a resounding success. We did have one member of the crew take an emergency escape pod back to Earth, and two others disappeared under mysterious circumstances, but we were able to ensure the safety of everyone else on board. The time has finally come to reveal the results of our journey, and bring this Hall of Fame to a close.

Captain:
CosmicRunaway

Crew Members:
@ahwell
@Citizen Rules
@edarsenal
@John-Connor
@Okay
@rauldc14
@ScarletLion
@Siddon
@TheUsualSuspect ⭐⭐⭐