Pixar Hall of Fame

Tools    

Was that your first time watching A Bug's Life?

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Monster's University (2013)

The original Monster's Inc is one of my favourite Pixar films so I always did have some interest in seeing this. Overall I did find this to be quite fun and enjoyable. The plot is nothing special but I did find it to be quite fun to watch. As is expected with Pixar the animation is great. I also did feel the character designs were quite creative and there are some solid voice performances in the film. Overall I found this to be pretty entertaining, even if it is far from one of Pixar's best works.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Ratatouille

This movie is good until the end, when it becomes great. The last scene is probably the best in all of Pixar, and it is the only Pixar film that leaves me shivering with warmth, although it's not quite as emotional as some others. The characters are really well built, I loved the setting in Paris, and the idea behind the movie is so darn original. This is also a really profound message hidden in Ratatouille - it's not true that you can always be anything you want, but anyone can possibly be anything... eh, the movie says it better, I guess. Anyways, fantastic movie, one that I can totally see epically failing in the hands of a studio like Dreamworks or Sony... but with Pixar's touch it's gold.

Dead on!

Monsters University

This was okay, just so predictable and the humor wasn't there. It was technically a really good film, I really liked the beautiful visuals and the music was pretty good too. But character-wise, plot-wise, and screenplay-wise, it fell short of Pixar's usual standards. I would have liked to see the characters expanded on more, especially the villain(s). It felt like two many secondary characters were being juggled, and they couldn't keep track, so they just dropped some by the end of the movie, leaving just Sully and Mike. That said, I really liked a lot of Mike's struggles in goals in the film about not being scary. So in the end, not a bad film per-say, but it could have been a lot more.

ᖇᗩ丅ᗩ丅ᗝᑌᎥᒪᒪᗴ (2007)

What a weird and cool movie! I'm glad that someone decided to break all the movie making molds and give us a film where a tiny rat loves to cook and talks to a disembodied deceased chef for confidences...all set in the heart of Paris in the high cuisine world of fine dining. I love movies about chefs and restaurants, maybe because I do all the cooking in the house. I don't know, but there's something magical about chefs creating culinary works of art and Ratatouille has lots of magic..and a blue rat that love's to cook too!

World Building: Fully deserves a
for deliciously scrumptious world building.

Animation: Another easy
, I loved the way Paris looked and the restaurant's kitchen and even the sewers were cool!

Story Premise: Damn! it doesn't get more creative than this

Other Thoughts: Chef Boyardee joke, ha! I got it! Lots of lovely moments of wit in this gem.

Favorite Moments: The restaurant's pantry stocked full of wonderful things.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	13rat600a.jpg
Views:	562
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	52901  

Coco
I really enjoyed Coco. It had the emotional depth, characters, script, and many other great things. I really enjoyed the themes and values of this film, about the tough balance between pursuing your dreams and family - it actually reminded me a lot of La La Land in many ways - the structure, the characters, the plot, the themes. But the final scene, with Coco, is just great, I loved it. There were a couple of annoying parts, like the dog, who I thought was similar to the chicken in Moana - an attempt at humor which just failed. Other than that, this was a great movie that was visually spectacular and emotionally stimulating.

Toy Story

You are a strange little man. And you have my pity

Pixar definitely made a name for itself right out of the box. TOY box that is. I say, I say ---

Sorry, went totally Foghorn Leghorn there for a second.

Ahem.
For their debut film, this animation company set the bar, and then, as we all know, continued to raise said bar. Placing us into the world of our toys and their sociological problems such as laser envy and evil kids hell bent on torturing their toys.
Filled with countless inside jokes and scenarios with top notch voice actors, Toy Story is and was a solid foundation of a budding animation studio.
While I haven't mentioned it with others, there was also a secondary note that opened all our eyes to PIxar with the opening cartoon, Geri's Game,

That gave us a glimpse even further into what Pixar would be offering up.

A Bug's Life
It was an okay movie, not really spectacular Pixar or anything. For me, it felt like there was little to no emotional depth or time spent into characters, and that kind of made the movie not as good. There were too many characters, and I felt like I was supposed to connect with some of them in one way or another - it just didn't happen, not even with Flik. By the end he almost seemed like a side character to the troup of circus bugs that had taken over as the "protagonist." I did really like the grasshopper villains, and some of the humor worked (most of it didn't). Overall, not bad, but not great either.

𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕀𝕟𝕔𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕚𝕓𝕝𝕖𝕤

Mid Century Modern...I love it! But if you don't know what it is then you missed one of the prime aspects of this fine film. I swear everything was done up in Mid Century Modern, with so many details in the background animation that I could've just paused the film and watched it frame by frame...I even spotted a sun burst clock, I have one of those too. Yahoo!

Now if that wasn't enough, as soon as I seen the lady costume designer, with the bob hair and round thick framed glasses named E...I knew who that was suppose to be! I love that they included a character that would be unknown to 99% of the people (unless of course they watched the DVD extras or read the trivia at IMDB). That's the great thing about Pixar films, they load up their films with clever insight and references that are pretty far out there. In that way Pixar reminds me of The Simpsons.

I thought The Incredible was the most fun that I had watching a Pixar film. I actually laughed at some of the stuff and I warmed right up to the super hero family that was living incognito. Holly Hunter's voice acting really added to the fun family feeling, I liked all the characters in the film.

World Building:
For the uniqueness of the world of has-been supers. Very cool idea for a film.

Animation:
+ For all the Mid Century Modern.

Character Development:
Not much character development, but the script wasn't about that so I'm good with it.

Originality:

Other Thoughts:
I really don't have anything negative to say about it.

Favorite Moments: The set designs, loved those.

Nomination by: @Yam12
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	1*6Fes_1C167kBTpo2_Y4EAg.png
Views:	774
Size:	197.5 KB
ID:	52965  

23 days left here, with four people done and four more to go.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Ratatouille

Perhaps the most charming of all the Pixar to date, it's definitely crafted with having the best setting of any Pixar film with Paris as it's backdrop. Specifically cool restaurant setting as well. You can tell a lot of work was put into the animation of the film and that is always something that I can appreciate. But I feel maybe this is the film where legitimately the most work was put into it. Just thinking about the composition of some of it is something that I can really tip my hat off too. It's a very original story and a film that will remain a favorite for me.

Ratatouille

Perhaps the most charming of all the Pixar to date, it's definitely crafted with having the best setting of any Pixar film with Paris as it's backdrop. Specifically cool restaurant setting as well. You can tell a lot of work was put into the animation of the film and that is always something that I can appreciate. But I feel maybe this is the film where legitimately the most work was put into it. Just thinking about the composition of some of it is something that I can really tip my hat off too. It's a very original story and a film that will remain a favorite for me.

Amen brother!!

I have also watcjed Monsters University. I'll have a write up tonight or tomorrow. I'll probably tackle The Incredibles rewatch next.

Monsters University

Really was surprised by how entertaining of a sequel this was. It's not a masterpiece or anything but it has some good heart to it. At the core of the "prequel sequel" is the great characters Mike and Sully. I also appreciated all the little characters in the film and they provided some good laughs. I was pretty impressed with the voice acting of Helen Mirren. Perfect choice to pick her for the Dean. Like all Pixar, the film looked great and the competitions were quite fun to watch. Not a movie with a lot of heartfelt moments like other Pixar's but it has its place.

+

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
WARNING: "SPOILERS about "Monsters University"!!!" spoilers below
Monsters University is a fun movie, but I think the problem with it is that it sets a bad example for kids. Mike and Sully are caught cheating, and then thrown out of school, but they still manage to find a way to achieve their goal. So when all is said and done, there's no downside to cheating.

I've not seen the first Monsters, so I've nothing to compare this prequel to, but I liked it! It didn't have great animation as compared to some of the other Pixar's and it didn't have in depth world building like some of the other Pixar's that I loved, and it didn't have the clever references in it either......but...it had lots of heart! And of all the Pixar's I've seen Monster University kept me the most interest thanks to it's story. I was really engrossed into the two main characters and cared about them. This did feel more like a kid's movie than some of the other Pixars, but that's OK as obviously these films are intended for general audiences.

Other Thoughts: There was nothing I didn't like in the film, no complaints about annoying characters or anything like that.

Favorite Moments: Lots of good moments, loved the whole college campus life and the competition for top scare team.

Nomination by: @Siddon