Pixar Hall of Fame

Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Everything but sex... which would just be REALLY weird in a Pixar movie.
holy crap, a Pixar/Hentai?!?!?

WOW

Thanks...It's lazyness...Nah, I just wanted to do something fun
It's actually rather practical for this HoF. I seem to have trouble writing about these films and a list like you have looked like a great remedy for it.
I just have it in the back of my head as I write up my next ones lol

Toy Story (1995)
"I dug it! and I'll watch it again" Citizen Rules

I admit it, I use to torture my toys I had this old Superman action figure and tied him to a brick with a long chain around it and threw him into this rather nasty looking drainage stream. I'm pretty sure it had sewage run-off in it, gross! I tied one end of the chain to a wooden plank that spanned the ditch. So a few months later I came back and pulled up the chain.... and Superman was gone! It was kind of amazing...maybe he escaped like in Toy Story or maybe the chain slipped off the brick and he's still down there at the bottom of the stream?

World Building:
I was totally into the personalities and lives of the toys, who knew toys were so ingenious?

Animation:
No problems here.

Character Development:
So far this has been my favorite character driven Pixar. Both Woody and Buzz are powered by not only batteries but by two great voice actors: Tom Hanks and Tim Allen. They made Woody and Buzz come to life. Come to think of it, all of the voice actors were great in this. Don Rickles as Mr Potatoes head and R. Lee Emery as a solider, go figure! And the dinosaur was voiced by one of my favorite Star Trek Deep Space Nine characters, The Grand Nagus, aka Wallace Berry.

Story Premise:
Love it, I remember Disney did an old cartoon short about toys coming to life. It must have been from the 30s, maybe 40s, I always enjoyed it and that's partially why I enjoyed Toy Story so much...it's like a hidden world onto itself.

Originality:
Like all the Pixars there's oodles of fun little references that if you blink you'll miss them, and that's what makes these movies fun

Other Thoughts:
This is where I've been putting the negative thoughts at, but..I don't have any for Toy Story!

Favorite Moments: The beginning scene in Andy's room with the toys having a meeting about the Birthday party. Also the scene in the next door neighbor's room with all the misfit toys. Oh, and the Pizza Planet, yeah! I have to go there...and Disney is opening up a Pizza Planet...cool chilis

Nomination by: @ahwell

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I'm not on the board yet but I am almost done with my rewatch (3rd or 4th I believe) of Coco. So I will be starting my review soon.

Coco

There is a certain epic saga/pageantry that really stimulates us visually. Even a little more so than a number of other PIxar films - and that is saying a LOT. The colors and the large scale use of people and backgrounds that do not distract but truly do enhance is quite the spectacle to behold.

Then, we add the story of family and of following one's dreams and how, in the end, they come together so beautifully, it is a very positive statement to PIxar that, having such a long run they are still very capable of bringing us such visual and emotional beauty and joy.
All of which is centered around Día de Muertos. And while this holiday gets used a lot in various films, we have a more in depth experience as our young leading character finds himself on the other side, in search of his great, great grandfather and comes to find so much more when it comes to real family love and togetherness.
All of which culminates into the finale where Hector helps his mama Coco to remember her papa. Such a beautiful moment.

Being rather new in the list of Pixar films I think I've only seen this about two or three times, but I'm fairly certain this will be one that, like others, I will be seeing countless times.

Finding Nemo

What do we do? We just keep swimming, swimming, we just keep swimming. . .

This is another one of Pixar's I just find all kinds of fun and would watch over and over again and for some reason, haven't for some time, so it was pretty cool to revisit and spend the entire watch time with a smile on my face.

Ellen DeGeneres' Dory matching up with Albert Brooks' Marlin is a very solid base for this film and I REALLY got to give it to Ellen for creating such a lovable short term memory character that would be annoying any other time but here is utterly f@ckin delightful. And having such a worry wart as Marlin playing opposite as they search for his son is comedic gold as two unlikely characters caught up in a "road adventure".

Once again, with a family-oriented story, Pixar delves (literally) into another world, this time beneath the sea, to explore the surviving Clown Fish and his lucky fin and a father that is so terrified of losing him that, when he's snatched up in a net, he travels the ocean to find him again. Stuck with a forgetful/free spirited accomplice with child-like awe, it is with them that some of the best scenes are. Not to neglect the very cool secondary characters within fish tank at the foothills of Mount Wannahockalugee. ( I LOVE that name! lol)

Toy Story
This is my own nomination and my personal favorite Pixar film. It's not as immediately magical as Wall-E or Finding Nemo, not as funny as The Incredibles, and doesn't pack the "Pixar Punch" of movies like Up and Inside Out. But yet, it remains such a memorable experience, probably because Pixar takes time with building quality characters and an interesting conflict/plot. I think what I liked most about Toy Story are it's script and it's characters. Woody and Buzz are two of the most iconic characters in animated movies, and this is because the script and dialogue that correlates with them is breathakingly good. The visuals are often complained about, but I think they are good for 1995 and definitely ushered in a new age of filmmaking. The score by Randy Newman is probably my favorite Pixar score tied with Up and possible The Incredibles. Some of the weaker points are the pacing, because much of the main conflict is held off for two long. But the movie's themes are also really deep and mature, which of course is expected from Pixar. They always resonate with me and probably always will.

Ⓐ Ⓑⓤⓖ'ⓢ Ⓛⓘⓕⓔ

I like bugs! I do Well, most of them anyway. They're so interesting and come in so many different shapes and colors and do all sorts of fascinating things that it's like they have their own little universe all to themselves. And that's what the movie meant to me...a chance to see these bugs doing their thing. I loved the bug city and the bug circus show, but mostly I liked the bug bar in the photo above. I got a kick out of how the bugs reacted to each other as it was based on their actual behaviors.

World Building:
As mentioned I enjoyed the bug city, circus and bar...I wish we would have seen more of the inside going-ons of the ant nest.

Animation:
I kind of wanted the ants to have six appendages, but oh well.

Character Development:
Not much in the character development part.

Story Premise:
Decent

Originality:
I don't know if this or Antz came out first, but I'd still say this was original enough for me.

Other Thoughts:
I didn't care much for the baby princess ant, but ohwell I'm sure that was done with kids in mind so I can't complain.

Favorite Moments: The voice actors! Totally cool that they used Phyllis Diller and Johnathan Harris it was a joy to hear them!

Nomination by: @edarsenal

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	A Bugs Story.jpg
Views:	568
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	52724  

Coco

This was my third watch I believe, I had also seen it in theaters and it looked great on the big screen. I think that is it's best attribute is definitely the look of the film and the magical world that it creates. I think the characters are pretty solid. No there isn't one that I would say is head and heels a complete Pixar favorite, but they are for the most part decently entertaining. There's some moments that tug at the heartstrings but that is what Pixar is known for so this isn't no such. No scene sticks out as a go to favorite unlike other Pixar's I've seen but it's not a huge issue. It's honestly a good film but there's something missing to get it to tier 1 Pixar that I can't completely figure out exactly what it is. The songs are very good too. So yeah, it's a good film, although not a tier 1 Pixar for me. I think I respond better to other Pixar films.

Toy Story (1995)

I watched this today after watching the Toy Story 4 trailer a few days ago and it's great to see the contrast in how Pixar's animation has developed over the past 24 years. Is the animation in the original as good as later efforts from the studio? Of course not. It doesn't hold up to that comparison but the misses here are not egregious for 1995.

Toy Story has a quality ensemble cast of characters. Maybe Pixar's best. I really liked the voice acting as it makes these characters instantly memorable. Especially Tim Allen and Tom Hanks whose vocal performances carry much of the film. Allen's Buzz in particular is excellent.

It also has a unique concept to the point where it doesn't even need to be anything more than simple. If you spent the entire time with this cast and it involved no profoundness; I'd still find it to be an interesting movie based on the strength of its characters. But there's serious depth too on fulfilment and humanism that still connects. Starting the kind of inner psychology that appeals to all ages and what Pixar is now known for.

Toy Story holds up pretty damn well.

Finding Nemo

I find this to be one of Pixar's more overrated films, but I still love it. The animation is beautiful and fantastic, and the voice actors, especially Ellen as Dory, are absolutely on par. I also really liked the characters brought to life from this film, they're very memorable. Some of my problems with it come from the more structural/pacing aspects of it. I'm not a huge fan of the "episodal" part of the journey that Marlin and Dory have, where they bounce from "episode" to "episode." Yes, it mirrors Marlin's growth, but I would have liked possibly a more linear approach that still includes all those colorful fish and other creatures. Structurally, I'm not really sure where Marlin's climax is, it seems many times throughout. But, other than that, this is a great and beautiful film that will remain a timeless classic for years to come I'm sure.

The Incredibles

The Incredibles is another beautifully made, excellent, Pixar film. It's one of the longest Pixar films as well, and I think it could have been shortened quite a bit to make it more concise. However, we get the best details, lines, and characters that truly make a movie like this shine. The score is top notch, although the visuals were a little iffy. Structurally, we get one of Pixar's most complex plots, which possible multiple protagonists and/or antagonists who each have individual goals. In the end, The Incredibles is about not hiding or being ashamed of your talents, and that being special is important.

Ratatouille

This movie is good until the end, when it becomes great. The last scene is probably the best in all of Pixar, and it is the only Pixar film that leaves me shivering with warmth, although it's not quite as emotional as some others. The characters are really well built, I loved the setting in Paris, and the idea behind the movie is so darn original. This is also a really profound message hidden in Ratatouille - it's not true that you can always be anything you want, but anyone can possibly be anything... eh, the movie says it better, I guess. Anyways, fantastic movie, one that I can totally see epically failing in the hands of a studio like Dreamworks or Sony... but with Pixar's touch it's gold.

A Bug's Life

I thought this was Pixar's first film entry but obviously it was the second, as mocked in the ending credits "to infinity and beyond" scene. The hardest part for me is that the jokes often didn't land with me. This may be a film that would have been better to see when it actually came out rather than waiting until I was 31 years old. It could very well be a nostalgic film for many. But I don't have that magic working for me like Lion King and Aladdin do among other animated films.

I thought the animation was done pretty well. Some of the characters could have been drawn a bit cooler perhaps, I liked seeing everything from the bugs perspectives. In the end, I wanted more character appreciation but I just didn't bond with any of them as much as I would have hoped for.