Title theme by Disasterpeace
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	It Follows 78.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	52751  

Army Of Darkness (1992)
Runtime: 1 Hour 21 Mins (US Release), 1 Hour 28 Mins (International)
Production Company: Dino De Laurentiis
Distributed by Universal Pictures
Director: Sam Raimi
Production Budget: $11,000,000
Box Office: $25,500,000
Four Votes
64 Points (24, 20, 17, 3)
High Voter: @Miss Vicky

Building The Deathcoaster by Joseph LoDuca
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Army Of Darkness 77.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	52752  

I think I might have had It Follows on my list but I can't be bothered to check

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

It Follows is another that I wonder if it only made the countdown because of how recently it was out. No knock on it though, it was good.

I didn't like Army of Darkness when I saw it at the cinema, and I'm sure I wouldn't like it now.

Let the battle of Zombieland (2009) vs. Army Of Darkness (1992) open. Pretty sure I gave Army Of Darkness a bamf intro post, in this way there shouldn't be any disadvantages.

It Follows (2014) hit me as intriguing while searching for its images.

Haven't seen It Follows. It used to be on Netflix but I never bothered to watch it. Army of Darkness is the second best of the series. I have little hard time thinking it as horror but it wouldn't have been near my list in any case. It's OK but way too comedic for my tastes.

Seen: 20/24

Didn’t consider either but both are pretty good. It Follows didn’t work as well for me the second time around and the third act is still EXTREMELY WEAK imo. It kinda blows the whole thing but still a good concept and pretty darn creepy and cool up until then.

Army of Darkness I’ve only seen once and it underwhelmed me a bit but it did have some qualities. Campbell is amazing as always. I want to see it again.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I certainly like both but didn't vote for either. It's too difficult right now to look for my discussions about it.

Give me some sugar, baby!

I can’t say I’m a fan of Sam Raimi’s Evil Dead, but this third film in the trilogy is an absolute riot and one of my favorite movies of any genre. I had Army of Darkness at number 2.

My Ballot:
2) Army of Darkness
4) The Skin I Live In
25) Earthlings (1 pointers list)[

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I haven't seen either It Follows or Army of Darkness, but I did watch the first Evil Dead movie, and I tried watching Evil Dead II, but I didn't like the second movie, so I didn't finish it. (If I had made it through Evil Dead II, I might have considered watching Army of Darkness.)

Love Army Of Darkness

It Follows is decent stuff imo

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
haven't seen It Follows but Army of Darkness is just cornball quotables galore. Didn't vote for it since I see it as comedy far more than a horror, but the fact that it made it is pretty d@mn cool

Films Watched: 11 out of 24
#20 The Devil's Backbone (#89)
#21 Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde (#84)
#22 Theatre of Blood (#103)
#23 Re-Animator (#88)

There's an Army of Darkness poster on the wall right behind me, but I didn't vote for it. I still very much enjoy the original Evil Dead trilogy, and the tv show was quite entertaining, but my love for the series as a whole has dwindled a little over the years. The second film and AoD used to be my favourites, but now I think the first is my favourite, with the second lagging behind quite a bit, and Army of Darkness bringing up the rear. Maybe in another decade the order will switch again, and AoD will be my favourite?

It Folllows kind of falls apart at the end, but I did like the atmosphere and tension up until that point. I thought the film looked and sounded great, and it was nice to see weird, psychological and supernatural films doing well in the theatre. I started to get excited about the genre for the first time in what felt like ages. I ended up placing it at #18 on my list.

I didn't post about the previous 2 films, since I haven't seen either The Skin I Live In or Wait Until Dark, and I don't really have anything to say about them. They both look interesting though.

Seen: 16/24
My List: 2

02. Re-Animator (1985) - #88
18. It Follows (2014) - #78
25. The Void (2016) - DNP/1 Pointers List

Two from my list showed up. Von Trier's Antichrist I had nailed down as lucky number thirteen and It Follows was not far behind (it never is) at number fifteen.

HOLDEN'S LIST
13. Antichrist (#82)
15. It Follows (#78)
23. Near Dark (DNP)
25. Trouble Every Day (DNP)

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Seen all, hatewatch still 0/24 although there have been a couple I wouldn't consider horror. And maybe one or two I'm not all that fond of.

I do have an oblique one on my list, but it's kinda nasty. I think that's my criterion for the genre skirters.Sure it's fun, but is it nasty or creepy? If the answer is no, I'd vote for that fav film in another countdown, one which suits it a little better.

SC is watching the list unfold and he's complaining about the horrible lack of horror on this list so far.

Nothing else has popped up from my list since the last time I did a little YAAAS dance, but I'm pretty sure a couple more will still.

It Follows (2014)
Runtime: 1 Hour 40 Mins
Production Company: Northern Light Films
Distributed by RADiUS-TWC
Director: David Robert Mitchell
Production Budget: $2,000,000
Box Office: $23,300,000
Seven Votes
63 Points (18, 15, 12, 8, 4, 4, 2)
High Voter: @Yoda

Title theme by Disasterpeace
Hey, cool. I like the high voter thing. Have we done that before? If not, I dig it.

Anyway, I had It Follows #8, and it's one of the films I had in mind when I said during the voting period that I was going to make this list more personal and have some films high simply because they really scared me, and not just because I find them to be important, influential, or a good example of the genre for posterity. This film freaked me out, and it was in the back of my mind for days afterwards. And I saw it just a few years ago, which is even more remarkable because as a general rule it's been harder and harder for horror films to creep me out that way as I grow older.

Just a great, simple idea. Lots of powerful themes, just enough mythology to evolve and keep the idea fresh for the whole run time, but not so much that the premise loses its purity. It combines so many horror elements in such an elegant way: the idea of a destructive force that cannot be reasoned with, the way you have to sacrifice others to temporarily save yourself, the body-snatching horror of the fact that it could be anyone. So good.

Unregistered User
Fan of both, It Follows and Army Of Darkness, especially the former. I watched it again just the other week and still really works for me. I love the concept and it has a great soundtrack. Also watched the directors follow up, Under The Silver Lake which was good, so one to keep an eye for.

Army of Darkness is my least favourite of the original trilogy but not by much. Not always a fan of horror comedy but this one works very well. Due a rewatch.

Only Neon Demon from my list so far but I expect to see them all appear bar one.

SC is watching the list unfold and he's complaining about the horrible lack of horror on this list so far.
I think there's only been a couple of films that are more borderline than what most would consider horror. Since the vast majority are clearly horror films though, I'm not sure why he's calling it horrible.