MOFO 80's Teen Movie Hall of Fame

Tools    

Do you know what's wrong with it? Did you drop or anything like that or did it just stop working? Maybe it's an easy fix like a power cord or battery?
sometimes I don't turn it off and let it sit on the main screen. I left it that way Saturday night and when I tried to use it yesterday, it would freeze up or knock my internet off. For some reason, it wouldn't stay connected to the net. I turned it off to reboot it and well it wouldn't go past the logo screen.

sometimes I don't turn it off and let it sit on the main screen. I left it that way Saturday night and when I tried to use it yesterday, it would freeze up or knock my internet off. For some reason, it wouldn't stay connected to the net. I turned it off to reboot it and well it wouldn't go past the logo screen.
I don't know what it could be. Maybe google that problem?

I don't know what it could be. Maybe google that problem?
I tried.

The tablet was under $100. Amazon has it that if you are a Prime Member, you can order an item and make monthly payments taken from your account linked to your Prime membership. I can look there for a new tablet and make low payments on it without interest. I did that when I ordered my 30gb Zune.

edit: not with my Zune but my amazon fire tablet 8 inches.

My other tablet that broke has a keyboard.. and was 11-inch screen.

Say Anything
(1989)

The story of a normal high school graduate who wants to be with the smart girl that barely anyone knows. Diane has a scholarship to go to a university in England. Lloyd has no clue what he wants to do with his life, but he wants to do is be close to her for the 16 weeks before she leaves. At first she wants to be friends but along the way, she learns what type of guy Lloyd is and falls in love with him. Bad things happen to Diane's family and it forces her to focus on where her life is heading and she breaks off with Lloyd. After she learns the truth about her father, she has no one to fall back on but Lloyd. In the end, Diane and Lloyd are happy together as they both go to England.

It was an ok film. Not one of my favorites.

Once Bitten (1985)

Dir. Howard Storm

Once Bitten is a fun movie and despite starring Carrey, is a film that I was completely unaware of previous to starting this tournament. This is a decent light-hearted film that clearly doesn't take itself seriously. This work well for a casual viewing on a relaxed day.

Three O'Clock High
(1987)

Jerry is a typical high schooler and is assigned to interview the new bad boy. In the process of mentioning it to him, Jerry touches Buddy, who does not like to be touched. Buddy tells Jerry they will be fighting after school at 3 pm.
WARNING: "spoiler" spoilers below
Throughout the day, Jerry and his friend come up with ways to get out of the fight. Things go downhill from there. However when 3 pm arrives Jerry proceeds to be the winner.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Try Googling if there's an option to start your tablet in safe mode. If it loads in safe mode, it's just a software problem, and it should be fixable. Maybe Best Buy's Geek Squad can help you?

Tablet was not fixable but thanks to Amazon Prime... My new tablet will be here tonight.. just need to readd the programs.

Akira (1988)

I'm not a big fan of animation, though I've seen some animes that I really liked (Nausicaä Valley of the Wind, Spirited Away, Giovanni's Island) I liked those because then explored the human condition. I didn't care for Akira...BUT...I'm not saying it's badly made, in fact I think it was perfect for it's intended audience: teen boys and young males, especially those who were raised on video games and Saturday morning cartoons. It reminded me of cartoons like the Transformers were the characters have magic powers and can transform into strange and powerful beings. And it reminded me of the old 80s Sega video game Road Rage. Anybody play that one?

The animation was great looking and if you like lots of action with little character development, then this film might be to your liking. I'm far outside of the demographics, so this one didn't work for me.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Akira.jpg
Views:	700
Size:	237.2 KB
ID:	49530  

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Tablet was not fixable but thanks to Amazon Prime... My new tablet will be here tonight.. just need to readd the programs.
Congrats on the new tablet! Enjoy!!

Yes, CR, played the living HELL out of Road Rash!! MISS that game!

Oh, and rematched my nom, Better Off Dead. Will post a review today or tomorrow.

That was the only game I really ever played. And haven't played a video game since. It was pretty fun
Haven't gone past PlayStation 2 myself but that one is very sorely missed. So is Sega systems. They were great.

Haven't gone past PlayStation 2 myself but that one is very sorely missed. So is Sega systems. They were great.
ebay! you can buy an old PlayStation 2 there.

I had the old Sega 32, now an antique Sadly I just don't have the free time anymore, so gave it to the Goodwill some years ago.

My Bodyguard (1980)

I enjoyed this. I had seen it too but only once and that was decades ago, so I hardly remembered anything other than the motorcycle project scene.

It's weird in that it feels like two different films...That photo I used is of Martin Mull the hotel manager, who trys to keep the hotel running smoothly while keeping his free spirited mom, Ruth Gordon out of trouble...that part felt like another movie. I actually liked the hotel scenes and the going-ons of the hotel more than the high school bully story. But I did like the high school stuff too.

Matt Dillon was a stand out, he's so good at being so crummy! Him and Ruth Gordon were the best. I especially appreciated the actual on location street scenes, that was very nice to see as it was like being there. I wish there had been more interaction and story line between the bodyguard Adam Baldwin (not a Baldwin brother) and the boy (not Wesley Crusher)...I wish there had been another scene after the fight in the park, where the character's story arches are all wrapped. I wanted to see what happened with Martin Mull and Ruth Gordon, but we never got back to them.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	My Bodyguard 1980.jpg
Views:	588
Size:	224.6 KB
ID:	49548  

ebay! you can buy an old PlayStation 2 there.

I had the old Sega 32, now an antique Sadly I just don't have the free time anymore, so gave it to the Goodwill some years ago.
Still have the PlayStation and like you, no time to play.

My Bodyguard (1980)

I enjoyed this. I had seen it too but only once and that was decades ago, so I hardly remembered anything other than the motorcycle project scene.

It's weird in that it feels like two different films...That photo I used is of Martin Mull the hotel manager, who trys to keep the hotel running smoothly while keeping his free spirited mom, Ruth Gordon out of trouble...that part felt like another movie. I actually liked the hotel scenes and the going-ons of the hotel more than the high school bully story. But I did like the high school stuff too.

Matt Dillon was a stand out, he's so good at being so crummy! Him and Ruth Gordon were the best. I especially appreciated the actual on location street scenes, that was very nice to see as it was like being there. I wish there had been more interaction and story line between the bodyguard Adam Baldwin (not a Baldwin brother) and the boy (not Wesley Crusher)...I wish there had been another scene after the fight in the park, where the character's story arches are all wrapped. I wanted to see what happened with Martin Mull and Ruth Gordon, but we never got back to them.
I had a similar experience - I remembered liking this in high school, then watched it again a few years ago and I'd forgotten how good it actually was.

And yes, it did mix some light stuff with some heavy drama making it feel like different films in one.

For me, I was picked on by a bully in school who looked exactly like Matt Dillon (which made me kind of hate him ever after!)... but he is a decent actor who's great at playing bullies!

My Bodyguard

For me, I was picked on by a bully in school who looked exactly like Matt Dillon (which made me kind of hate him ever after!)... but he is a decent actor who's great at playing bullies!
OMG Captain, that's so weird you said that because I was going to write about an experience with a school bully who I swear looked just like Matt Dillon. As soon as I watched the movie I remembered this kid from school. He was in 9th grade and was a TA for 7th grade music class, I was a 7th grader. He was big time stoner guy and if you would lean back in your chair he would grab it and make it seem like you were going to fall over and would kind of growl at you. I always kept my distances from him, but he didn't actually beat anybody up (that I know of). He did however look and act a lot like Matt Dillon. (edit, there was a lot more I wrote about him as he came to a sad end, but I think I'll delete all of that).

OMG Captain, that's so weird you said that because I was going to write about an experience with a school bully who I swear looked just like Matt Dillon. As soon as I watched the movie I remembered this kid from school. He was in 9th grade and was a TA for 7th grade music class, I was a 7th grader. He was big time stoner guy and if you would lean back in your chair he would grab it and make it seem like you were going to fall over and would kind of growl at you. I always kept my distances from him, but he didn't actually beat anybody up (that I know of). He did however look and act a lot like Matt Dillon. (edit, there was a lot more I wrote about him as he came to a sad end, but I think I'll delete all of that).
Heh! I think every school had a Matt Dillon bully!