MOFO 80's Teen Movie Hall of Fame

Tools    

@Citizen Rules and @gbgoodies

Tonight, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Hot Cocoa in my new IKEA cup and My Bodyguard...
Hey I was just admiring your new IKEA cup on the Chill Club. Hot Chocolate, and chocolate chip cookies sounds like a good evening for a cold night. I'm undecided what I'll watch tonight. It might be another film from this HoF, I'm having a blast watching them all

Hey I was just admiring your new IKEA cup on the Chill Club. Hot Chocolate, and chocolate chip cookies sounds like a good evening for a cold night. I'm undecided what I'll watch tonight. It might be another film from this HoF, I'm having a blast watching them all
Yeah some of them I havent seen in decades..

My Bodyguard
(1980)

spoilers attached.....

Clifford is new at a school and has confrontations with Moody, the school bully. Moody demands everyone pay him protection money from Linderman, a troubled young man. Rumors around the school are that Linderman killed another student, beat up a teacher, etc which none are true. Clifford tries to befriend Linderman and hire him to be his bodyguard from Moody. Linderman agrees to it and they confront Moody who backs down. Clifford presses harder to understand Linderman and they become closer and build a friendship. Linderman explains to Clifford that his younger brother was killed by a gun accident. Moody can't stand that he no longer has control and hires Mike to bully Linderman. Mike confronts Linderman who backs away. Linderman runs off and Clifford goes to look for his friend. Linderman explains that his younger brother's death was his fault. He explains he was the one showing off with their father's gun and when his brother grabbed the gun, it fired killing his brother. Mike confronts Linderman again and they fight. While Linderman has the lead, Moody jumps in and holds Linderman for Mike to get more hits. Clifford seeing this as unfair finally pulls Moody off and proceeds to fight him himself. Linderman tells Clifford to aim for the nose and Clifford wins the fight.

I loved the fact that Ruth Gordon was in this film. She was a very good actress. This movie has more of a 70's teen film more than the normal 80's and very much a New York setting.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Once Bitten (1985)

I watched this on Halloween instead of Trick 'r Treating It was fun seeing Jim Carrey so young. The dance scene was my favorite part of the movie. Boy, that girl could dance too. She must have been a professional dancer as she was really good. Even Jim Carrey busted a few moves.

The dance scene reminded me of the dance scene in the movie Grease, (the first movie, not Grease 2), when Danny was trying to dance with Sandy, but Cha-Cha kept pulling him away from her.

Neat photo and so cool you posted that I always though you were a boy, sorry but it's hard to tell on the internet. So that's you without the sweater vest, you have a great smile and all of you look real happy

I thought the same thing.

I think the avatars cause some confusion with gender on the internet. When we see a male avatar, it's natural to think that the person using that avatar is male.

Crossroads
(1986)

This was a bit different than the other teen films on this HOF. It wasn't bad but it wasn't great. The music was good and it was interesting to see Steve Vai in it. The story of a classically trained guitarist searching for his blues idol and the lost song. Along the way, they meet up with a young runaway from a broken home. At the crossroad, you learn that the idol sold his soul to learn to play so great.

It is a teen film but more of a dramatic type.

It's been a while since I watched Crossroads, but I agree with you about it being more of a drama than a teen movie. I'm not saying that it isn't a "teen" movie, but there's a "feeling" to teen movies that this movie doesn't have, maybe because it doesn't center around school, or camp, or some kind of normal "teen growing pains".

Having said that, I remember this being a great movie, and I'm looking forward to rewatching it.

Grease 2 is not an easy movie to critique. If we view it as a film on it's own merits I suppose it's a good enough musical. The film has great production values, an extremely deep cast and Michelle Pfieffer gives a star making performance in it. But even viewing it on it's own it still has issues, I saw this film yesterday and I couldn't name three songs from it.

Do you remember any of the songs in the movie?

I'm only asking because I haven't seen this movie probably since it was in the theater, (and if I remember correctly, I didn't really like it), but I still remember a few of the songs. ("Do It For Your Country" and "Cool Rider" are two songs that stuck with me over the years.)

My Bodyguard
(1980)

spoilers attached.....

WARNING: "SPOILERS" spoilers below
Clifford is new at a school and has confrontations with Moody, the school bully. Moody demands everyone pay him protection money from Linderman, a troubled young man. Rumors around the school are that Linderman killed another student, beat up a teacher, etc which none are true. Clifford tries to befriend Linderman and hire him to be his bodyguard from Moody. Linderman agrees to it and they confront Moody who backs down. Clifford presses harder to understand Linderman and they become closer and build a friendship. Linderman explains to Clifford that his younger brother was killed by a gun accident. Moody can't stand that he no longer has control and hires Mike to bully Linderman. Mike confronts Linderman who backs away. Linderman runs off and Clifford goes to look for his friend. Linderman explains that his younger brother's death was his fault. He explains he was the one showing off with their father's gun and when his brother grabbed the gun, it fired killing his brother. Mike confronts Linderman again and they fight. While Linderman has the lead, Moody jumps in and holds Linderman for Mike to get more hits. Clifford seeing this as unfair finally pulls Moody off and proceeds to fight him himself. Linderman tells Clifford to aim for the nose and Clifford wins the fight.

I loved the fact that Ruth Gordon was in this film. She was a very good actress. This movie has more of a 70's teen film more than the normal 80's and very much a New York setting.

Did you like the movie?

I've been very busy, so I haven't had much time to post my thoughts about the movies yet, but I just want to let everyone know that I've been watching the movies, and I'm still in this HoF.

The movies that I've already watched (or for some movies rewatched) are:

Can't Buy Me Love
Say Anything
Better Off Dead
Lucas
Three O'Clock High - (I watched this twice because Hubby walked in near the end and wanted to watch it with me.)
Once Bitten - (I was surprised to realize part way through the movie that I had already seen this movie.)

I also started watching Teen Wolf last night, but I fell asleep a little more than halfway through the movie. Again, it was nothing against the movie. I was just very tired from too much work. (I have to stop watching movies late at night. )

I recognize Wil Wheaton from Stand By Me, but who's the kid in the second picture? They look so much alike they could almost be twins.
His name is Jaeden Lieberher. He's 15 years old and plays the lead character "Bill" in the 2017 version of Stephen King's "It".

I started watching Stand By Me and it caught my eye about how Will and Jaeden look alike.

My buddy let me borrow Once Bitten and Better off Dead both on blu ray, so those'll get done soon. Just need to finish the B Movie HoF II: The Sequel before I get too immersed in the 80's teen HoF

My tablet stopped working for some reason... I normally leave it on... I turned it off and plan on leaving it off overnight.. hopefully it starts up tomorrow. If not, this may take me longer than planned.

I found Akira on a site to watch on my laptop but I prefer to watch on my tablet.

Stand By Me
(1986)

A film about friendship, love, loss and understanding. A film about being at an innocent age where coming into adulthood can be overwhelming. Gordie, Chris, Teddie and Vern were best friends that summer before junior high. They were on the hunt for a missing boy's dead body. Along the way, they learned about each other more than they had before.

This film was very emotional. You learn about each of the character's lives and how the friendship affected each one.

Teen Wolf (1985)

A fun little innocuous movie. As good as Michael J. Fox was in the Back to the Future films, he's not really a stand out here. But maybe it's more a fault of the script, it doesn't really have much to say, stuff just sort of happens. It was odd that plot elements were introduced then forgotten. We see he has a friend that after he turns into the Wolf looks frightened and it's said he's not comfortable being around the Wolf. I thought Fox as the wolf would win his friend over by showing he was still the same person inside. Instead that plot line is forgotten. Nothing really special with the movie, but nothing wrong either. It was like I said a fun little innocuous movie to watch. Glad I finally seen it.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Teen Wolf (1985).jpg
Views:	260
Size:	256.7 KB
ID:	49476  

My tablet stopped working for some reason... I normally leave it on... I turned it off and plan on leaving it off overnight.. hopefully it starts up tomorrow. If not, this may take me longer than planned.
Did you get your tablet to work?

Did you get your tablet to work?
No.. Im going to try to find some online and perhaps go to the library for dvds. I will get a new tablet soon, Im sure.

No.. Im going to try to find some online and perhaps go to the library for dvds. I will get a new tablet soon, Im sure.
Do you know what's wrong with it? Did you drop or anything like that or did it just stop working? Maybe it's an easy fix like a power cord or battery?