MOFO 80's Teen Movie Hall of Fame

Tools    

I just seen one of the girls from Weird Science (not Kelly LeBrock), in something but I can't remember in what. I think she was in one of the noms for the B movie HoF?

I just seen one of the girls from Weird Science (not Kelly LeBrock), in something but I can't remember in what. I think she was in one of the noms for the B movie HoF?
Night of the Creeps...she was the blonde sorority girl. Suzanne Snyder..she's still smoking hot, too.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Sorry guys, I haven't been around much. I haven't been feeling very well for a few weeks actually. Many times at work I feel like I'm going to black out and get a weird feeling in my head and my hands. I have been trying to go to bed early to see if it's caused by not getting enough sleep.

I'm off work Oct 31 through Nov 5 so I plan on a doctor's appointment and watching several of the movies.

Let's hope for the best.

Take care of yourself. Go to the doctor, find out what's wrong, and get well soon.

Don't worry about us or this HoF. We'll muddle through without you for a while.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	01-get-wel-soon.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	49220  

@edarsenal @gbgoodies @Ms. M @Rhys @Sedai @Siddon @SmudgeEFC1985 @TheUsualSuspect @ynwtf @Joel @MovieGal @Velvet

Larry has joined as an honorary member
, his movie is Weird Science (1985) It's optional to watch his movie as he's an honorary member, and the movie won't be included when you vote, but it's a great film and I'm going to watch it!

@Larry, Great choice.

I have the DVD of Weird Science, but I've never watched it. Hubby keeps telling me it's a fun movie, but I just haven't made time for it yet. Now I have a good reason to watch it.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I haven't been feeling very well for a few weeks actually.
Please see a doctor, and take a good care of yourself. Take care.

Love,
Mr Minio.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I watched Say Anything and Can't Buy Me Love yesterday, and I started watching Better Off Dead, but that's when I just couldn't keep my eyes open anymore, so I'll have to watch it again tomorrow.

I haven't had a chance to get my thoughts together about these movies yet, but I just wanted to mention something that I noticed. Even though they're kind of similar teen movies, there's a big difference in the way they portray reality.

Say Anything is a much more realistic movie than the other two movies. The characters are almost depressed through much of the movie.

However, Can't Buy Me Love has some parts that feel realistic, but there's an unrealistic side to the movie in the way that he's able to buy his way into the world of the "cool kids".

In contrast, Better Off Dead feels like much more of a fantasy movie than reality. The story itself is realistic, in that his girlfriend broke up with him and he doesn't want to live without her, but he seems to have hallucinations throughout the movie.

I'm not saying that any of these are better or worse than any other. I just thought it was an interesting side of these movies.

I was disappointed...

Teen Wolf (1985) https://letterboxd.com/smudgeefc1985/film/teen-wolf/

So the 80s high school genre is one I always have a soft spot for, but well aware that for all the good ones, there are always some seriously bad examples. Sadly I think this is one of them.

Take every jokey negative trope of the genre and the decade, the horrendous slow motion montages, the terrible masculinity that being good at sports makes you suddenly infallible as a human being, the bad BAD soundtrack, massively slutty dreamgirl who of course is dating that older douchebag who despite also being good at sports, everybody hates, little bit of casual homophobia, and you mostly have the bad side of the genre. Enjoy!

WARNING: "" spoilers below
Kudos, I did full on laugh out loud the dad/ werewolf reveal...

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Sorry guys, I haven't been around much. I haven't been feeling very well for a few weeks actually. Many times at work I feel like I'm going to black out and get a weird feeling in my head and my hands. I have been trying to go to bed early to see if it's caused by not getting enough sleep.

I'm off work Oct 31 through Nov 5 so I plan on a doctor's appointment and watching several of the movies.

Let's hope for the best.
Fingers crossed my dear, and hope you feel better! DO take care of yourself!!

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

I used to say that to girls when I had coke.
"I wanna butter your muffin," is STILL a running joke in our house. In fact, just yesterday.

and yeah, GREAT Nom @Larry! Even considered this one and was hoping someone would nominate it.

I used to say that to girls when I had coke.
"I wanna butter your muffin," is STILL a running joke in our house. In fact, just yesterday.

and yeah, GREAT Nom @Larry! Even considered this one and was hoping someone would nominate it.
Haha. NICE!

y
Thanks guys. So...do we start watching the movies now or wait til they're pitted against each other or something. I'm a noob.
You can watch the movies in your leisure, just b4 the deadline..check very 1st page for all that info..what you do is, watch a film, write somethign about it when you can, and once everyone watches the films and writes/discusses, they send in a numbered list from 1-whatever..ranking their fave as #1 and their least as #whatever..but..the lowest number.

From there a tally is done up and a winner is announced..but as an honorary member I'm not sure how the end result works into all of that.

For the time being, just relax, join the film watching and discuss...to me, this isn't so much a competition as it is a cool way to be in a movie club.

Thanks guys. So...do we start watching the movies now or wait til they're pitted against each other or something. I'm a noob.
The movies are pitted against each other, like in a movie tournament.

Think of yourself as being on the Music or Sports Hall of Fame council to indoctrinate a worthy candidate into the Hall of Fame. That's what all of us are doing.

Check this out, it will explain link

Oh man, I got confused for a min thinking I had to answer because of our B movie II HoF lol..speaking of shich, I still have some films to watch there....I need to FOCUS!!!!

Oh man, I got confused for a min thinking I had to answer because of our B movie II HoF lol..speaking of shich, I still have some films to watch there....I need to FOCUS!!!!
That's cause you work so many hours, that half of you is still on the job I was reading the shoutbox, you're like Rush's Working Man for sure. Yikes, I hope your works hour get better someday.

The movies are pitted against each other, like in a movie tournament.

Think of yourself as being on the Music or Sports Hall of Fame council to indoctrinate a worthy candidate into the Hall of Fame. That's what all of us are doing.

Check this out, it will explain link
Oh crap!!!! I mistyped! The movies are NOT pitted against each other.