15th Hall of Fame

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I can't tell you how excited I am to see Rebecca again. I haven't seen it since I first joined Mofo in 2010. It was one of the first B&W movies I saw as I was a rookie watcher before I came here.

Rebecca is one his best IMO. Of those i've seen so far at least.
I think you've seen basically all his good films, no? Just got to see his "fluff"

Rebecca (1940)
It's still not my favourite Hitchcock film, but it is certainly masterfully crafted.
Your favorite Hitch would be?

I can't tell you how excited I am to see Rebecca again. I haven't seen it since I first joined Mofo in 2010. It was one of the first B&W movies I saw as I was a rookie watcher before I came here.
Me too, I've only seen it once when I was getting into classic B&W films and it impressed me enough to be in my Top 10 Movies. I hope my opinion doesn't go down with a rewatch. I doubt it will, it's a solid movie.

Oh wow, top 10 with one viewing? I think La La Land and Manchester I've only seen 3 times a piece and the rest of my top 10 I've probably seen 10+ times a piece minimum for the most part. Well, maybe not Casablanca and Rear Window, but over 5 each for them as well

Oh wow, top 10 with one viewing? I think La La Land and Manchester I've only seen 3 times a piece and the rest of my top 10 I've probably seen 10+ times a piece minimum for the most part. Well, maybe not Casablanca and Rear Window, but over 5 each for them as well
I know most people love to rewatch favorites over and over, but not me, I hardly ever rewatch movies in a short time frame.

I think you've seen basically all his good films, no? Just got to see his "fluff"
Don't think Hitch made any fluff. He definitely had a shaky start and i know there's going to be a bunch of difficult to sit through films to come, but even the ones i haven't liked overall i've enjoyed stuff about. But yes i've seen the majority of his most acclaimed films. Here's all the ones i've seen ranked - https://letterboxd.com/camarel/list/...tchock-ranked/

Still not even halfway through so i'm sure there's still good stuff to come.

Camo, get to Foreign Correspondent. It isn't well liked on Mofo but I really enjoy it. Think you will too.
Planning on it. I know Daniel M and maybe Cobpyth are big fans as well.

Your favorite Hitch would be?
Vertigo for sure. I should probably rewatch that one soon too, since it's been ages since I've seen it.

North by Northwest used to be one of my favourites, but I rewatched it a couple of months ago and didn't find it as good as say, Shadow of a Doubt or Strangers on a Train. I was always partial to Rope, which I don't think is one of his best, but is one that I personally find entertaining.

Glory

I first watched this about a year ago due to a recommendation from I believe False Writer. I enjoyed it just about as much this go around, although I watched it with a bit more of a critical eye since it's a Hall of Fame. I'm very far from a history buff so any form of accuracy or inaccuracy is a moot point for me. I think it's amazing how in these wars the soldiers would just walk towards each other facing what seems like almost certain death. A similar situation is shown at the beginning of Saving Private Ryan, but of course in that movie it's even more intense due to the advancements in weapons. Either way it's crazy to watch. Glory is of course a lot more than a war movie. It's really a fantastic story, and that's unfortunately also where my biggest issue lies. In a lot of ways this comes off to me as a feel good movie, and that seems a little odd with it being a war film. Thankfully, I think it's pulled off here about as good as it could be. My only other minor complaint would be that sometimes the score is a little overbearing. I am not generally a Matthew Broderick fan. I do think he's well suited for this role, and it's probably my favorite performance of his. Denzel is always a stud and Morgan Freeman plays the wise old man as good as anyone. I don't even think he was ever young. The rest of the cast is strong as well. It's hard for me to believe this is an 80's movie. It looks like a movie that could have come out in the last couple of years. I'm not a fan of historical films as a general rule, but this would be one of the exceptions. It is entertaining and meaningful, a rare combination.

+

I may not be able to participate fully in this. Between work, film availability and time, I may ditch my nom and just watch a few of these others on the list here. I have Glory and American Graffitti, Out of the Blue, but not having any luck with the others. Anyone has any ideas, fell free to PM me, if not, no biggie. I'll report back.

I may not be able to participate fully in this. Between work, film availability and time, I may ditch my nom and just watch a few of these others on the list here. I have Glory and American Graffitti, Out of the Blue, but not having any luck with the others. Anyone has any ideas, fell free to PM me, if not, no biggie. I'll report back.
You just found out you wouldn't have time?

I can most likely get you links to any of them if you don't mind watching them online, so just PM me with what you need.

You just found out you wouldn't have time?
Yes.

No worries Joel if you have to drop out at the beginning of this. At least you did let us know, and also said so at the beginning, which I do appreciate.

I really hope you can stay in, Camo and others can help you find links for nominations. But if your work is getting busy and/or you can't just do this Hof, no hard feelings and I would hope you would join future Hofs.

So let us know for sure if you're in or out.