Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Wonder Women 9/10

No Strings Attached 10/10

Welcome to the human race...
IMDb overrates everything, especially Nolan.

Zero Dark Thirty -

Still not sure if certain real-life developments improved or ruined this film.

IMDb overrates everything, especially Nolan.
I never understood why Nolan is so overrated by IMDB. He's a good director and The Dark Knight is a good movie but is it seriously the fourth best film of all time?

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The Great Santini - 7/10

I've seen this many times. The sub-sub-contractors are around here drilling at 7am, so I wanted something I didn't have to concentrate on...

Kong: Skull Island (2017)

It's listed in IMDB as Despite the Falling Snow. But they did, however, give it mediocre ratings, as did you..

~Doc
Thank you. It was so unmemorable that I forgot the title

movies can be okay...
Three Colours: Red (1994) -

Awesome wrap-up to a fantastic trilogy.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

Adaptation (2002) -

Remember when Nicolas Cage used to make good movies?

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2017) -

The previews for this film were giving me major Jupiter Ascending vibes, and for good reason.

If you liked Jupiter Ascending that would probably be a good thing, but it wasn't for me. While Valerian gets points for interesting alien designs and a good general concept, its horribly written romance subplot and a lack of chemistry between the lead actors really drags everything down. The film felt incredibly bloated, and would've benefited from more time in the cutting room. There are glimpses of an interesting universe in Valerian, so it's a shame that the film failed to put any of it to good use.

Welcome to the human race...
I never understood why Nolan is so overrated by IMDB. He's a good director and The Dark Knight is a good movie but is it seriously the fourth best film of all time?
I reckon there's a variety of factors at work there. Nolan himself is a filmmaker whose work ostensibly bridges the gap between accessible blockbusters and "intelligent" cinema, so his films have a broader appeal as a result (as well as the Batman franchise having its own well-established fanbase who would give a significant boost to his trilogy's popularity). Plus, IMDb's algorithms weigh individual ratings differently depending on whether or not the user is a "regular", so there's bound to be some overlap when the regular users' demographics match up to the demographics that are most likely to rate Nolan highly (i.e. dudes under 30) and end up pushing his films higher up the ladder.