Citizen Rules...Cinemaesque Chat-n-Review

→ in
Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I keep trying to catch 40's flicks in preparation of the eventual Countdown and realizing that there is so many I never actually saw, so enjoying the catch up.

Regarding Cosmic's nom of Murderers, I do remember you having problems with dailymotion. It does have 2 versions of that movie, both with english subs. so. . .

I've tried and can't get Dailymotion to work for me. I haven't started revisiting the 40s yet, I need to do that!
I had some problems with daily when I first tried using it too. Sorry to hear that they continue

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969)

Director: George Roy Hill
Cast: Paul Newman, Robert Redford, Katharine Ross
Genre: Biography, Western, Light Comedy

About: The mostly true story of the life and exploits of two of the wild west last outlaws, Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid.

Review: The movie poster for this says, 'just for fun' and that's the way to watch this film, for fun. Paul Newman and Robert Redford have legendary chemistry as the pair of infamous and fun loving outlaws. I suspect a lot of their on screen chemistry is due to the fact that they got along well in real life and also, the light hearted script, gave them a chance to relax and have fun. And their fun comes through the screen in oodles. I could over analyze this movie, but I'll just say it's very 1969 in it's carefree attitude and cinematic style.

There's some interesting cinematography done, especially effective is the sepia toned scene where Redford eyes shine out of the shadows. It looks better in the movie, than it does in this photo.

One of the biggest songs of 1969 was played during the charming bicycle riding scene...the song was Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head.

Both Paul Newman and Robert Redford are a blast to watch here, but female co star, Katharine Ross is no slouch either. She helps to ground the boys and by her being the sensible one, the boys then look even more wild and crazy than if she hadn't been cast.

The movie is one iconic scene after another. There's never a dull moment and for a 1969 film it's rather fast paced, but not too fast. Who can forget the jump of the cliff scene?

Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid is a kick in the pants western. Yahoo!

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Butch Cassidy Sundance Kid (5).jpg
Views:	321
Size:	324.4 KB
ID:	29721   Click image for larger version

Name:	Butch Cassidy Sundance Kid (3).png
Views:	231
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	29722   Click image for larger version

Name:	Butch Cassidy Sundance Kid (3).jpg
Views:	320
Size:	181.1 KB
ID:	29725  

an all time favorite and the second movie I can remember seeing as a tiny tot at the Drive In. I was around 3 1/2. But I do remember it and crying at the end. Of course I still get a lil choked up at the end still.
(The first was Romeo & Juliet)

an all time favorite and the second movie I can remember seeing as a tiny tot at the Drive In. I was around 3 1/2. But I do remember it and crying at the end. Of course I still get a lil choked up at the end still.
(The first was Romeo & Juliet)
Cool, that you can remember seeing it at such an early age. And you seen Romeo & Juliet in 1968, wow! you were already off to a good movie watching career! Oh, now I know you're just a bit younger than me what makes you a kid

Cool, that you can remember seeing it at such an early age. And you seen Romeo & Juliet in 1968, wow! you were already off to a good movie watching career! Oh, now I know you're just a bit younger than me what makes you a kid
and here I thought I WAS the grandpa of us two lol

for me or CR?

I think my first Oliver Reed at the theater was Three Musketeers in 73. puts me around 3rd grade. Though I did see him previously in Oliver! on TV (a VERY intimidating Bill Sykes when I was little)

wait, wait, I know this. . . . that irish-catholic fella from out around Bahston, right??

Completely forgot about the rather short term for him.
So, my second guess will be right in the middle of that term -- 62?

wait, wait, I know this. . . . that irish-catholic fella from out around Bahston, right??

Completely forgot about the rather short term for him.
So, my second guess will be right in the middle of that term -- 62?
Well I'll just say it's either 1961,62,63

for me or CR?

I think my first Oliver Reed at the theater was Three Musketeers in 73. puts me around 3rd grade. Though I did see him previously in Oliver! on TV (a VERY intimidating Bill Sykes when I was little)
For you ed. I was born at the end of 1964 (literally at the end: Dec. 30, one day before 1965).

On Oliver Reed - he had an intensity that came through on screen. He seemed like he'd be a scary person in real life (and based on reports, his use of alcohol made him just that)!

I KNEW you wouldn't give a straight answer! LOL

no need to be that way, EMBRACE the Gray, I say!!
Yelling at kids to get off our lawns, telling young folks they don't know how easy they have it. . . Why, in my day, I had to GET UP to change the channel!!
It's a beautiful time, my friend!

I KNEW you wouldn't give a straight answer! LOL

no need to be that way, EMBRACE the Gray, I say!!
Yelling at kids to get off our lawns, telling young folks they don't know how easy they have it. . . Why, in my day, I had to GET UP to change the channel!!
It's a beautiful time, my friend!
Sounds like you need to check in on that Positivity Blog thread!

1862 presumably?

*ducks
Hey, hey, a little respect for us Civil War veterans IF YOU PLEASE

For you ed. I was born at the end of 1964 (literally at the end: Dec. 30, one day before 1965).

On Oliver Reed - he had an intensity that came through on screen. He seemed like he'd be a scary person in real life (and based on reports, his use of alcohol made him just that)!
I have heard that about his drinking. I have also heard he had QUITE the incredible list of drinking buddies: from Richard Harris to Keith Moon and, I can't remember but I THINK it included Richard Burton and possibly Peter O'Toole, not too sure about those two, but MIGOD what a utter slice of debauchery THAT must of been! Especially when they got to the point of topping one another