Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Master of My Domain
Iro done lost his mind lately.
No, he's perfectly sane, Iron Man is a great superhero flick.

Welcome to the human race...
Iro done lost his mind lately.
I'd counter this, but I do have The Star Wars Holiday Special running in another window as I type this so...

No, he's perfectly sane, Iron Man is a great superhero flick.
If nothing else, it certainly feels very re-watchable.

The Bib-iest of Nickels

1933's The Invisible Man.

For its time, the film is decent. It suffers from a lot of the stiff, drier acting of yesteryear, but it's a classic story, nonetheless.

The Dallas buyer's club

Well I said I would never watch this.. because I hate movies about terminal diseases but I was just going to bed and noticed it had just started, okay why not. This movie made me cry but there is something uplifting here, what begins as a business venture becomes a selfless need to save lives, in the process of dying Ron Woodroof starts to live and tries to help others from needlessly dying because of legalities and snail pace approval of life saving drugs.

5/5

The Man Who Knew Too Much -
-

upload pics

As i said in the Chill Club i watched this with my 13 year old niece yesterday. Dunno alot of it annoyed me, Doris Day wasn't good i felt like she shouldn't be in this, i liked when she sung Que Sera that was about it. And the kid was really annoying, glad he got abducted I'd like to see it again but i'm not a big fan right now, it was my 20th Hitch.

Home Alone -

Really not sure how to rate this, it isn't one of my favourite films but it is ridiculously fun to watch with family.

The Princess Bride
(1987) -

My friends always acted surprised whenever I said I'd never seen this film before. They've been telling me that I should watch it for years now, but I never did (despite Netflix also frequently recommending it to me). After all the family members left last night, this coincidentally was about to air on one of the movie channels, so I finally decided to give it a go.

It was pretty great. Yes it was rather dumb and corny at times, but in a way that made it funnier instead of irritating. I loved the parody aspect, and the fencing scenes were really fun. I'll have to watch it again sometime soon to be confident in my rating, but I have a feeling that this is the type of film that I'd enjoy watching multiple times.

Two revisits this christmas...

Die Hard 2

Too bad ass to bug down, but not fun enough to fail to fault. The film takes itself a little too serious at times to make up for the total loss of sense and logic, but McClane is still witty and awesome and there is some nostalgia and decent rewatchability about it as well.

The Intouchables

The defininition of a feel-good film. The movie is not a technical treasure to behold, but the story is slightly better executed than other sentimental stories, especially with a great ending that binds it all nicely together without it feeling forced. That is particularly because of the amazing peformances of the leads, one excels in exaggerated comedy and one in the subtle human emotion. Overall, this movie is so human it hurts the soul. It is about humans and human connection, culture and care and it is hard to not be moved something that is so honest and genuine on the inside and so lively and alive on the outside. The humor is spot-on for me too. Great, rewatchable film.

It's a Wonderful Life (1946)

I hadn't seen this in many years. I knew it was a great movie, but I'd forgotten how special it is. I'm going to try to watch it every Christmas from now on.