Silent Film Era Hall of Fame

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Wings

I saw this like a few weeks ago but I forgot to post. I was most impressed with the back story, although the film did seem like it was stretched a bit. I liked a lot of the plane scenes but my belief was sometimes suspended with some of those plane crashes. The music was fine. I think the backbone to the film is its story though like I said. The film seems a tad dated but that is to be expected given the subject matter. They aren't similar films but I by far enjoy Sunrise, which came out in the same year though they both won Oscars of sorts. I also wish I cared about the characters a bit more but I did like Clara Bows character.

Nosferatu

After Sunrise and Nosferatu, I really have to give Murnau a lot of credit. The way he tells a story certainly is impressive to me. I thought the story here was really well done, a nice film translation to Stokers book. I thought that Nosferatu was very well crafted. I can tell that Murnau has a lot of skills behind the camera and he likes to do a lot of exciting things, such as the Nosferatu shadow scene which has become an infamous piece of camerawork in film history. I also really dug the music in the film. I believe CR said he didn't like it much, but I thought that it added to the suspense of the film. This is where horror began, and it was a good start. I may like the seventies version better but this one is good too.

+

Care for some gopher?
Sent you a pm.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
If anyone can find me a link for The Crowd it would be great.
Did you manage to find a link?

Did everyone send their list in?
I was just about to mention something about that.

I have only received 2 lists so far. If you guys need any sort of extension, please let me know. But that will be the last time that I will extend the deadline.

I apologize once again for not being around. Other than focusing on the other things in life that I need to focus on, I also was quite sick. So, apologizes again (I bet the apologies are becoming quite redundant, aren't they? ).

But if you let me know about the deadline extension, I will do it.

I'm done except for rewatches of Sherlock and Nosferatu. Is it safe to assume those are out?
Well, as far as I know those are both in. I will contact Destiny again to make sure. And I think Swan is definitely still in unless he says otherwise now.

I still can't find The Crowd
I think the link that you were given was the same as the one that I had. So I know that won't be any good for you.

So, if anyone can find a link for The Crowd, please PM rauldc with it. Thanks!

My help searching for it is very limited because most of those sites are blocked for me. But if anyone else can help out, that would be great!

OK. This is what I am going to do.

One more week will be added on but THAT IS IT.

The deadline will be Sunday, November 6th (my birthday - there is no reason for me to forget this one! ). So, get your lists into me by then.

Also, I a PM'd Destiny to see what she will say.

And Swan won't be able to finish watching the films. I think he had only 3 more to go, but he won't be able to do it.

I just checked all of my links for The Crowd but I can't find one for Raul....Can everyone who found it and watched it, let Raul know where you found it at?

And let me know too, so I can bookmark the site for next time.

The Crowd

Unfortunately this was pretty middling for me. I felt a lot like Max where I feel the story had potential but I just couldn't get invested in the characters. People may laugh but I made the comparison of Mary reminding me of Meryl Streep and it just didn't work for me. I think the story had a lot of potential but there often wasn't enough emotion portrayed with the characters. Almost to say it relied to much on its dialogue cards so to speak. I did feel pretty bad for what happened to the daughter and that was an emotional scene, but I feel as if I needed more scenes like those. There were just too many times the movie seemed to drag for me.

I'll send over my list SV.