The MoFo Top 100 Action Movie Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Cool, three of my picks made it.

Total Recall was my #16. Definitely one of the best Schwarzenegger movies - looking back at my list, I'm surprised I didn't rank this higher. Helps that it's got a degree of intelligence to back up its gaudy action - as good a job as Verhoeven did, I still wish I could've seen what Cronenberg would have done with this material.

Enter the Dragon...ehh, I like it and all, but I've never truly bought into the hype surrounding it (somewhere on this site is a post where I gave it one popcorn out of five, though I've obviously come around on that front).

The Killer was my #8. Definitely John Woo's best film.

I didn't vote for Temple of Doom, though I do concede that it's got some strong moments of action (not just the bridge scene but also that mine-cart chase).

Hard Boiled was my #7. If The Killer is the best Woo, then this is my favourite Woo and I think it's the first film to come to mind whenever I process the phrase "action movie".

As for the hons - Death Race 2000 is straight-up fun, and while I remember liking Pacific Rim and The Last of the Mohicans, I feel like I need to revisit both of them.

Love all the previous movies but Hard Boiled is the only one on my list at #4. I love that movie. Action from start-to-finish, with the sequence at the hospital one of the most amazing set pieces ever.

I didn't even realize we were in the top 20. And i can't even think what they'll be.

Die Hard
First Blood
Predator
Terminator
Terminator 2
The Dark Knight
Aliens
Alien (since you already said it makes it)
The Matrix
Raiders
Fury Road
Gladiator
The Avengers
Iron Man

That's about as much as i can guess without looking elsewhere.

Alien (since you already said it makes it)
I said it was an Honorable Mention.

Originally Posted by Camo
The Avengers
Iron Man
These have already appeared.

Welcome to the human race...
At least three of the movies Camo mentioned have already appeared as either a main or a hon.

My guesses (in no particular order)

Predator
RoboCop
The Terminator
Terminator 2
Mad Max 2
Mad Max: Fury Road
Raiders of the Lost Ark
The Matrix
Die Hard
Seven Samurai
The Dark Knight
Star Wars
The Empire Strikes Back
Jaws
Gladiator
Aliens
Lethal Weapon
Kill Bill Vol. 1
Scarface
No Country for Old Men

I absolutely loved Léon the first (and only) time I saw it. It's due for a revisit, I even have it on Blu-ray... But to me, it's not an action film, so I didn't vote for it or even considered it.

Con Air and Leon almost made my list. I had Lethal Weapon, A New Hope and RoboCop. Man, hit the top 20 and I get 3 straight away.
Also… lol!
Whoever loaded that Robo trailer to YouTube, they used the wrong thumbnail for it.
That's from RoboCop 3!! Seriously though, Robo making the Top 20 is awesome

23. Die Hard With A Vengeance - 74th
19. Independence Day - 72nd
16. Lethal Weapon - 16th
15. Lethal Weapon 2 - 83rd
13. The Expendables 3 - Honorable Mention 70-66
08. Star Wars Episode 4: A New Hope - 17th
06. Star Wars Episode 6: Return Of The Jedi - Honorable Mention 45-41
05. Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens - Honorable Mention 35-31
04. Starship Troopers - 75th
03. Dredd (2012) - 41st
02. Total Recall (1990) - 25th
01. Robocop - 19th

Leon was my #15, haven't seen it in years used to love it though. Robocop was my #25 another one i haven't seen in years that i always liked. Con Air in the top 20 of a list here is so hilarious, terrible film but it is fun in how atrocious everything including the action is. Star Wars was my #7. All of the Lethal Weapons are meh. Had Oldboy at #16, probably could've been higher. Road House is dumb fun and i haven't seen The Highlander.

01.Once Upon A Time In The West
04.The Wild Bunch
07.Star Wars
09.Temple of Doom
10.Hero (2002)
11.From Russia With Love
12.The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
15.Leon
16.Oldboy
21.Ong-Bak
23.Once Upon A Time In China
24.Enter the Dragon