The MoFo Top 100 Action Movie Countdown

→ in
Tools    

I can accept it made it bigger like you're saying, yeah. Was it not one of the first to break a billion? I still think it would've most likely been the highest grossing film of 2008 though.

Good Lord, if Harrison Ford had died on the set of The Force Awakens, that film would STILL be in every theater playing.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Good Lord, if Harrison Ford had died on the set of The Force Awakens, that film would STILL be in every theater playing.

He almost did. A recent article said that the accident that broke his leg could have killed him.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/10/13...-company-fined

No he wouldn't have

Only Peter Finch and Ledger have won posthumous oscars and both were performances you can see the Oscars rewarding regardless of their being alive or not.

Yeah the footage of Lee being shot was used in the court case as Massee and the studios were investigated. Obviously.

The footage itself was then destroyed.

Oh, nobody would even care about The Crow if that guy hadn't died on the set.

Same thing with Heath Ledger and The Dark Knight. Their deaths made those movies so much bigger than they would have been had they stayed alive.
Oddly enough, the mannerisms of Heath Ledger's character in The Dark Knight are quite similar to those of Brandon Lee's character in The Crow, are they not? For example, compare Draven menacing the pawn shop owner to the Joker menacing the party guests.

Yeah, there are some obvious parallels to Homer's Odyssey - the Lizzies are effectively the Sirens, there are characters who are literally called Furies, etc. - but the most commonly cited inspiration for the story is Xenophon's Anabasis (which is about an army of Greek soldiers who had to make their way home through hostile territory after the death of a king named Cyrus). This was made especially explicit in the movie's director's cut, which opened with comic-book panels referencing this tale in relation to the Warriors' adventure in order to elevate the events of the movie into a similar sort of myth.
Hm. Which cut do you prefer?

To be fair i think i know your taste a bit more than Omni. I'm guessing he was just going off him thinking it is good.
I'm going on the tone that GBG tends to avoid/enjoy. I think there's some heartfelt charisma in there, but it does share space with the crude bad guys.

Oh, nobody would even care about The Crow if that guy hadn't died on the set.

Same thing with Heath Ledger and The Dark Knight. Their deaths made those movies so much bigger than they would have been had they stayed alive.
You're conflating "no one would care" with "bigger". Obviously people would care, I liked both movies before I knew either actor had died. That's just ridiculous.

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
It would have been big, but I swear Heath Ledger's death had to have made it bigger.
Of course, but don't lay the entire movie at their feet.

Originally Posted by 77topaz
Oddly enough, the mannerisms of Heath Ledger's character in The Dark Knight are quite similar to those of Brandon Lee's character in The Crow, are they not? For example, compare Draven menacing the pawn shop owner to the Joker menacing the party guests.
They're somewhat similar.

Good to see some proper actual action movies showing now... Recall was my #2

23. Die Hard With A Vengeance - 74th
19. Independence Day - 72nd
15. Lethal Weapon 2 - 83rd
13. The Expendables 3 - Honorable Mention 70-66
06. Star Wars Episode 6: Return Of The Jedi - Honorable Mention 45-41

05. Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens - Honorable Mention 35-31
04. Starship Troopers - 75th
03. Dredd (2012) - 41st
02. Total Recall (1990) - 25th

I dont know i just never much cared for this movie really or the remake Total Recall I think it was one of the worst Sci fi movies for me anyways.

Funnily enough, I'm watching Pacific Rim right now.

2.5 years old... and it has aged sooooooooooooooooooo badly.
It's garbage.

2. Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
3. Dragon Tiger Gate
7. Hard Boiled
9. Iron Man
10. Above The Law
11. Commando
15. The Legend of Drunken Master
16. The Protector
18. Snake in the Eagle’s Shadow
19. Police Story 2
20. Fist of Legend
21. Wing Chun
22. Gorgeous
24. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Funnily enough, I'm watching Pacific Rim right now.

2.5 years old... and it has aged sooooooooooooooooooo badly.
It's garbage.
That's one of the douchiest, most unsubstantiated things I've ever heard.

That's sooo yesterday, girlfrieeend.