The MoFo Top 100 Action Movie Countdown

→ in
Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Kingsman- has been sitting in my to watch pile forever, might dust it off tonight.

Desperado- used to love it when I was a kid, not so much now, most definitely a solid action movie though.

Dirty Harry- Classic! deserves to be a bit higher, an action movie made before action movies existed!

Welcome to the human race...
The Expendables 3 was one of my picks and i'm pissed that it didn't make the list yet Kingsmen and The Incredibles did.
I'm not. If any Expendables film had to get mentioned then I'd rather it be the second one (though I wouldn't be surprised if it does show up later).

Hown in the world does Spiderman get an honorable mentioning but Kingmans a Box Office Flop gets a ranking in the list. I mean Batman Beging and The Dark Knight Rises gets in and Spiderman 2. Something is clearly wrong with the process in selecting the order of films. Yes Nedstark is Hot. About to see my other alter personality which is Vader.
If box-office quality was all that really mattered, then Avatar would be #1. As noted by Omni, box-office success or lack thereof is not the greatest indicator of a film's worth.

I know why id didnt like the kingsman movie Rotten Tomatoes Gave It A 74 percent and well RT and I clash on movie Freshness for some films. I cant quite explain it but any film they like above 65 % well i genrally dont like the movie but i suppose in that theory with the Rings Films and other hits i agree with them on a dead clock is right two times a day.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Desperado (1995) - Great song, but I've never heard of this movie.
Dirty Harry (1971) - I saw this movie many years ago, but I don't remember much about it except I didn't really like it.
Kingsman: The Secret Service (2014) - I haven't seen this movie yet, and I've been told that it's probably too violent and graphic for my tastes.
The Dark Knight Rises (2012) - This movie is overrated. In fact, IMO, the whole trilogy is overrated.
The Incredibles (2004) - Great movie, but it wasn't on my list.

Honorable Mentions:
Police Story (1985) - I vaguely remember a TV series called "Police Story", but I haven't heard of this movie.
Spider-man (2002) - Good movie, but I think Tobey Maguire wasn't the best choice for the title role.
The Expendables 3 (2014) - There were three Expendables movies?! I haven't seen any of them.

The Nolan Batman series is very good but also was maybe too series and in the end was not Batman because Batman dealt with all manor or villains for after all he was more or less Tony Stark and Iron Man deals with other types of things other then tech. Batman dealt with mutated people and very dangerous super people. Nolan seems scared too dip into fantasy and any fun. Which in the end maybe alienated people some from it.

Madness is the emergency exit…
Dirty Harry was my #16.

Action with meaning.
Ditto! Voted it at #15.

Though didn't vote for Desperado but glad to see it made into the list. Love that movie!

Btw, surprised to see The Expendables 3 even in honorable mentions! Worst in the series, IMO.

Thats what I was thinking. Least Expendables 1 and 2 and Machete was better then the 3rd Expendables. Only good thing in Expendables was Gibson as the Villain.

I had both Dirty Harry and Desperado near the top of my list. A bit disappointed to see them (especially Dirty Harry) placing already.

5.Desperado #70
7.Dirty Harry #69

Kingsman: The Secret Service (2014) - I haven't seen this movie yet, and I've been told that it's probably too violent and graphic for my tastes.
Definitely not your kind of movie.

The Dark Knight Rises (2012) - This movie is overrated. In fact, IMO, the whole trilogy is overrated.
Agreed.

The Grandmaster was my #1. It's cinematic action of the highest level. Glad to see others had it on their list as well! Don't forget to watch the long Chinese version of it and not the American one!

Welcome to the human race...
Hey, look, something I voted for finally made the main list - people get one guess what it is (also, I voted for Yojimbo at #22).

The rest of these movies are all around the
mark for me.