The MoFo Top 100 Action Movie Countdown

→ in
Tools    

57 Points / 6 Lists

Yet Fellowship of the Ring is listed on IMDb under these genres: Action, Adventure, Drama, Fantasy. In that order.

I'll be the first to say that IMDb's categorizations can be... problematic... but in this case it seems fairly accurate to me.
They seem to list possible genres in alphabetical order.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Another one from my list.

11. Under Siege
14. Taken
19. The Bourne Ultimatum
21. Die Hard With A Vengeance
22. Lethal Weapon 2

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

Welcome to the human race...
Hmm, that most recent batch is a mixed bag. With a Vengeance and Goldfinger are my favourites of the bunch (though I don't exactly love them), I feel very ambivalent about Starship Troopers and, well, forget V and Independence Day. I'd also rate GoldenEye as a minor favourite - would be interesting to rank the Bond movies on a purely action-based scale as I think that one could do rather well. Alien...well, at this point it's hardly worth commenting on whatever does or doesn't count as action so...never mind, I guess? Haven't seen End of Watch.

Again, I've seen all these films, but none of them made my list. Die Hard with a Vengeance is my second favourite Die Hard movie, but I didn't have room for it and I tried to keep multiple entries from the same franchise off my list (though I did break that rule once haha). I think I might have forgotten about Independence Day when I was making my list because it seems like the kind of thing I would've included, but for some reason I didn't.

My room mate really likes V for Vendetta, but I never did. She got me and my other room mate to give it another shot (he also wasn't a fan) on November 5th a couple years ago, and both he and I actually hated it the second time around.

Seen: 27/30
My List: 2, 1 honourable

04. Lethal Weapon 2 (1989)
21. Crank (2006) (H)
23. Taken (2008)

My room mate really likes V for Vendetta, but I never did. She got me and my other room mate to give it another shot (he also wasn't a fan) on November 5th a couple years ago, and both he and I actually hated it the second time around.
What about it do you hate?

Not a fan of Independece Day, Starship Troopers or V For Vendetta. Goldfinger is fantastic but i voted for a different Bond which i doubt will make it now. Alien is really good but i didn't consider it. Goldeneye used to be a favourite but i can't sit through the non Connery Bonds anymore. And haven't seen the other two.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
That's a good selection of action films except for the very bizarre choice of V for Vendetta?? Very strange, from memory it only has about 3 action sequences, and is more of a conspiracy thriller slow paced film. I like it as a film but why anyone is voting for it as an action film is beyond my understanding.

That's a good selection of action films except for the very bizarre choice of V for Vendetta?? Very strange, from memory it only has about 3 action sequences, and is more of a conspiracy thriller slow paced film. I like it as a film but why anyone is voting for it as an action film is beyond my understanding.
Not sure how closely you've been following this list so far, but let's just say that the people who voted in this countdown tend to have a rather broad idea of what constitutes an action movie.

Should have included The Godfather
Yeah, it even has its own videogame so you know it's full of action.

I wouldn't be surprised if Scarface cracked the list, though.