The MoFo Top 100 Action Movie Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Iro, I wouldn't at all compare Bad Boys and Crank... that's like saying why do you like the Harry Potter sequel when you don't like the Die Hard sequel.
I think they've got at least a little more in common than those particular examples, but I guess that's a discussion for another time.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
It's probably the favourite but i wouldn't say it's a lock.
I'd say it is a lock. I'm having a hard time even coming up with potential challengers. Maybe Predator or the Terminators, but they may lose points for crossing the sci fi, blurred category line, whereas Die Hard is a pure action movie, and the best one imo.

With only 50-60 voters though strange things could happen.

I'd say it is a lock. I'm having a hard time even coming up with potential challengers. Maybe Predator or the Terminators, but they may lose points for crossing the sci fi, blurred category line, whereas Die Hard is a pure action movie, and the best one imo.

With only 50-60 voters though strange things could happen.
It is very amusing to hear a bunch of people speculate when I have all the answers. MuwaHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!

Curse of the Black Pearl, Jurrasic Park and Demolition Man are fun, haven't seen any of them in years though. Django is pretty good should watch it again. I had TGTBATU at #12.

01.Once Upon A Time In The West
12.The Good, The Bad and THe Ugly
23.Once Upon A Time In China

I don't consider The Thing an action movie at all, but I'd take it over House of Flying Daggers any day, regardless of whatever genre it's supposed to conform to.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
The Thing . Seriously, i'm expecting A Nightmare On Elm Street to pop up. Anyway, the only movie i would of considered for this ACTION countdown from above is Demolition Man.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

I think this countdown would be full of really mediocre and bad films if only "pure action" films were allowed. Not because there's not 100 good action movies but because so many people would struggle to come up with a good 25 and would end up picking a lot of sequels and other crap they've seen.

Welcome to the human race...
Django I get, as well as GBU - they may be big and long but they still have more than a few shoot-outs and explosions so I can understand them. In hindsight, I should have tried throwing GBU a vote - there were films I voted for that had just as much action.

The Thing, though - well, that's got flamethrowers and explosions, I guess. I'm pleasantly surprised by Demolition Man, though - that's pulpy sci-fi action goodness.

This list is interesting, it also has plenty of films that wouldn't have passed MoFos strict "pure action" code.

Well-armed and bulging at the biceps, action movies often get a bad rap. Sure, they prioritize brawn over brains, but the best ones speak to something primal about our attachment to cinema. As we researched the 100 best action movies of all time, the richness of the genre snuck up on us like a swarthy henchman with a knife clenched between his teeth. We found Oscar winners, sci-fi masterpieces, foreign films and Academy Award-winning all-time classics. And while it was a joy to return to action’s ’80s heyday, when Hollywood stars ruled the roost, we were also happy to quantify the global impact of Asia’s martial-arts movies, the massive influence of John Woo’s gun fu and the world-shaking cottage industry of Hong Kong’s stunt cinema. We’ve polled over 50 experts in the field, from essential directors like Die Hard’s John McTiernan to the actual folks in the line of fire, such as Tarantino favorite Zoë Bell (the fearless stuntwoman behind Uma Thurman in the Kill Bill movies). And if we’ve missed something, let us know in the comments below.
https://www.timeout.com/newyork/film/best-action-movies

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
I think this countdown would be full of really mediocre and bad films if only "pure action" films were allowed. Not because there's not 100 good action movies but because so many people would struggle to come up with a good 25 and would end up picking a lot of sequels and other crap they've seen.
And?. There are plenty of pure action movies out there. Django, Jurassic Park, The Thing,? This is just a countdown of any films.