The MoFo Top 100 Action Movie Countdown

→ in
Tools    

51 Points / 5 Lists

Welcome to the human race...
That's a decent enough selection, though nothing I majorly like (and I don't have fond memories of King Kong anyway).

Also, as far as honourable mentions go I am quite surprised at the inclusion of Blade Runner even by the already-established standards of the other "not-action" entries. I was actually expecting Crank to make the main list but I'm glad it didn't.

I consider it a bad execution of a good premise and I liked the sequel even less. I keep thinking I'll revisit them but we'll see if I do.

Again None I had on my list while a few seem familure I just dont have them down. I have an opinion on Gaurdians but that goes into a discussion what is action and what is sci fi. I have decide to only comment if it effects my list since my advise doesnt work out too well. See you guys tomorrow same bat time same bat channel.

All I can say is how does Blade Runner only get a Mention thank God there is another chance for it on a Sci Fi list.
There's no way Blade Runner's missing a sci-fi countdown.

I think it's because most people don't really think of Blade Runner as an action movie. Hell, I consider it a five-star film but when I was thinking about what to put on a list of my favourite action movies I didn't think of it at all.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
King Kong is another movie i wouldn't call a action movie, it's a pretty good adventure movie but shocked to see it make the list.

Spider Man 2 i expected to make the list. Its a pretty good movie, but i hate Toby Maguire so he kind of kills it for me.

Lethal Weapon 2 was one of my picks and a true action movie. Kind of sucks it was so low, but glad it made the list.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

I've not seen Spider-man 2 (and didn't like the first one). I grew up with the Lethal Weapon movies and am glad to see the first sequel made the cut, but it's been too long since I last watched any of them to give them a vote. Batman Begins, King Kong, and Guardians are all okay, but I never considered any for my list.

I'm sad to see Die Hard II miss the cut. I grew up watching the first two Die Hard films and the second was always my favorite. I had it at #18.

My Ballot
14. The Fifth Element (#90)
18. Die Hard II (Honorary Mention)

Seeing so many all-time great action films this low, makes me think a lot of not-that-action-ish movies will top the spot; movies that are considered great as in all-time classics, but may not be the most pure action flicks out there... movies like Dark Knight, Good Bad Ugly, Inception, Apocalypse Now, you name it...

Anyways, we'll see.

Spider-Man 2 was on my list. Crank was on my list.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
There's no point starting it again, it is what it is. Not everybody is going to be completely happy with it no matter what. You should just continue.
We should re-do the countdown.

I need too watch some of these movies again. Guardians should definately be one of the only few comics on the sci fi list. In my opinion Die Hard 2 Should be on an Action list before Guardians Or Fifth Element even though some conisder it not as good as Die Hard 2. Also did i see lethal weapon 2 On this list .

In my opinion Die Hard 2 Should be on an Action list before Guardians Or Fifth Element even though some conisder it not as good as Die Hard 2. Also did i see lethal weapon 2 On this list .
What?