The MoFo Top 100 Action Movie Countdown

→ in
Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
With so much regret over peoples' choices in this countdown it makes me wonder if a hotfix isn't in order.

What do you guys think of backing up, taking a day or two for revisions, maybe even get mojofilter's list in and start over?

I know I don't want this overstaying it's welcome, but I would do it if it meant a list people were happier with.

I don't think "a day or two" is going to make much of a difference. One of the reasons that there's usually so much time between countdowns is so that people have time to watch some movies, but we didn't get enough time for that with this countdown.

Given more time, I would have watched the Bourne movies, the Mission: Impossible movies, and many other movies that I haven't seen, but there just wasn't enough time for me to watch any more movies before submitting my list.

There also wasn't a clear definition of what is considered an "action" movie. We seem to be all over the place about what everyone thought it should be, so we got a wide variety of movies in the lists.

At this point, you may as well finish the countdown, but hopefully we'll do another Action Countdown some time in the future.

You Have to finish what has been started Its just you started too fast in posting 5 Movies A Day. Do 3 each day and give time for people to go over the movies off the board. With so many entries I think you have too do a one point list so movies not in the 100 are more then just honorable mentionings. You dont need to restart anything just go slower and do some slight changes.

The only person other than you that's complained about the speed Ned is Optimus and he thought it should go faster. The speed hasn't been a problem for anyone else and i doubt that has anything to do with what he was saying.

@gbgoodies

X amount of time doesn't change what people consider action movies.

@NedStark09

That's both irrelevent and unhelpful.

Originally Posted by gbgoodies
There also wasn't a clear definition of what is considered an "action" movie.
NO, I made it expressly clear on the front page that everything was game so long as action sequences were a major selling point.

People discounting animation, failing to be inclusive of science fiction, or flat out forgetting about movies is no failure of my specificity and certainly no failure to offer sufficient time when there was 3 months of opportunity to discuss this exact thing.

I'm simply opening the floor to this idea, this isn't an invitation to advance your existing unrelated complaints.

The only person other than you that's complained about the speed Ned is Optimus and he thought it should go faster. The speed hasn't been a problem for anyone else and i doubt that has anything to do with what he was saying.
Thank you.

Well maybe people shouldnt be complaining so much about this movie being right or not we were given a long time to compile a list to turn in. I dont agree with the speed but that is not me saying it needs to stop or anything. Action and Sci Fi lists can be really the most hard too make. Action can be in any summer block buster this in ways in harder then a decades list. I say continue the next movies tomorrow and go on. I may not agree on things but I dont see it as the countdown being bad at all.

Well since my opinions are not helpful well then maybe I just wont comment or post the rest of the countdown or even care of its existence. Maybe its best when there is only one or two of these a year. I liked doing the lists and turning them in but I guess Raul can just run things like these in his sleep and not sweat. Im out people goodnight.

^I have no idea wtf that even means.

Anyway, I was a bit taken aback by the speed of the countdown at first, but at this point I think it's fine.

I do have to wonder, however, if everybody even knows that the actual countdown has started? I see only a handful of people commenting in here and I thinking maybe they don't realize it's happening because the 50s Countdown is still going and because this is all one thread, instead of the traditional separate thread.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
@gbgoodies

X amount of time doesn't change what people consider action movies.
No, but it does change how many movies we can watch (or rewatch) before compiling and submitting our lists.

Originally Posted by gbgoodies
There also wasn't a clear definition of what is considered an "action" movie.
NO, I made it expressly clear on the front page that everything was game so long as action sequences were a major selling point.

People discounting animation, failing to be inclusive of science fiction, or flat out forgetting about movies is no failure of my specificity and certainly no failure to offer sufficient time when there was 3 months of opportunity to discuss this exact thing.

I'm simply opening the floor to this idea, this isn't an invitation to advance your existing unrelated complaints.

I'm not trying to start an arguement with you. You asked a question, and I answered it. I can't help it if you didn't like my answer.

Alright, well we're gonna keep going. I know not everyone got to voice their opinions on the matter, but it's not as if this countdown is especially unique in this regard, people were forgetting about movies in the 50s too and a fair few were surprised to find Duck Amuck qualified, so yeah.

Frankly I am a bit annoyed by how pervasive it seems here, but I was never going to be 100% satisfied with the countdown anyway given we all like different movies, SO WHATEVER, let's get on with it.

I do believe the Countdown gets better as it goes and I daresay I think it's pretty difficult to dispute the next 5 as Action Movies.

Welcome to the human race...
For what it's worth, you're doing better at holding countdowns than I am. I've tried holding two so far, one of which got barely enough votes for 50 entries when I was aiming for 100 and the other one I just gave up on completely even though it was attracting more attention than the first. I wouldn't concern myself too much about what other people think should happen. If nothing else, we're getting the countdown we deserve.

For what it's worth, you're doing better at holding countdowns than I am. I've tried holding two so far, one of which got barely enough votes for 50 entries when I was aiming for 100 and the other one I just gave up on completely even though it was attracting more attention than the first. I wouldn't concern myself too much about what other people think should happen. If nothing else, we're getting the countdown we deserve.
Perfect timing. Anyway, thanks, I appreciate it.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Batman Begins is great, but again it's not really something i considered when making my list.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "