CricketCity Of Lost Children (1995)
TheUsualSuspect ► Vagabond (1986)
Redwell ► Postman Blues (1997)
TONGODragon Tiger Gate (2006)
Omnizoa ► Gen-X Cops (1999)
CosmicRunawaySociety (1989)
re93animatorThe Fear of 13 (2015)
ClazorKids (1995)
Topsy ► Whatever Happened To Baby Jane (1962)
Mistique ► Seven Samurai (1954)
Nope ► Martyrs (2008)
The Sci-Fi Slob ► Asylum Blackout (2011)
MonnoM ► Mutant Action (1993)
re93animatorHarakiri (1962)
Camo ► The World According To Garp (1982)
TONGOHowl (2015)
Above The Clouds ► Dark Waters (1993) ?
MonnoM ► Heaven (2002)
Movie Max ► An American Werewolf in London (1981)
Cricket ► Used Cars (1980)
re93animatorFurry Vengeance (2010)
The Sci-Fi SlobThe Lion In Winter (1968)
TONGO ► A Woman Under The Influence (1974)
Frightened Inmate No. 2 ► Night on Earth (1991)
Citizen Rules ► ?????
tatmww2 ► ?????

That sounds like an idea OK Tat you can pick a movie for me, but no horror/slasher and no super hero comic book stuff. Make it a good one

Then somebody needs to pick Clazor, he's patiently waiting to join.
Since Tat said no, I doubt thered be a problem if Clazor was the pick instead.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Thanks cricket, I finally had a chance to watch this horror/comedy. Normally, I try to stay away from both those genres, hence the three decade delay in watching.

An American Werewolf in London (1981)
+

Charming cinematic creation. Half the humor seems to be of a Jewish and self-deprecating variety, at least that's how I picked up on it. The nurse is a babe. The werewolf transformation scenes are awesome. With all the Disney memorabilia, makes me wonder whether this was a closet Disney production or a European jab in Walt's direction. Make-up and gore were all very nicely done.

Swan ► Close Up (1990)
Daniel M ► Closet Land (1991)
MonnoM ► Doomed Megalopolis (1991)
OmnizoaYoung Adult (2011)
TuggFour Lions (2010)
CamoThe Nanny (1965)
Citizen RulesSamurai Rebellion (1967)
ClazorKids (1995)
Nope ► Martyrs (2008)
Camo ► The World According To Garp (1982)
TONGOHowl (2015)
MonnoM ► Heaven (2002)
Movie MaxAn American Werewolf in London (1981)
Citizen Rules ► ?????
Clazor ► ?????

Tag Clazor...you're it! If you want to, you can pick a movie for me, but please no horror/slasher and no super hero comic book stuff. You can see the kind of stuff I like in my Top 10 favorites.

Tag Clazor...you're it! If you want to, you can pick a movie for me, but please no horror/slasher and no super hero comic book stuff. You can see the kind of stuff I like in my Top 10 favorites.
What kind of superhero comic book stuff don't you like?

The World According To Garp

I liked this. Solid performance by Williams. I personally think he has had a few better but this would rank up with his best. Great casting of young Garp. Oh man, i could totally see that kid growing up to be Robin Williams haha. Close was great as his mum. Completely nuts, but she was great. That scene with the prostitute, was so awkward haha. I wasn't expecting it to go down the road it did, there were plenty of dark scenes throughout which took me by surprise since it seemed pretty tame for the first hour. The car accident and assassination scenes, as well as just the idea of the Jamesians especially shocked me.

I felt a bit bad for Garp at times but all the same he had no real right to be jealous/bitter. Well other than his mum telling him not to right about her, and she went on to write about him anyway.

This kinda reminded me of a much darker Forrest Gump. Mostly because it is pretty quirky and comedic while it always has this unconfronted sadness lingering about. Also probably because of the length of time that passes, since we see Garp from the day he is born until he is a married man with children. It was really funny and sweet at times too.

Anyway, thanks for the nom TONGO. I didn't like it as much as you but i did enjoy it. I mostly liked that it wasn't what i was expecting at all, well not the second half anyway.

Again i'm up for being picked again but i'd suggest whoever else hasn't had a shot yet is picked before me.

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
So, let's see what we got here, Mr. Citizen. *Looks at favourites* Right...haven't seen a one...but...*Cracks knuckles* that shouldn't stop me dead. TO IMDB!

*Looking up movies*

So, musicals, drama, noir and romance in diffrent combinations. I think I will go to the crime side of things, a little revenge, some stolen loot, a pinch of Kris Kristofferson. I think I've mentioned this before as a movie that I thought was noir at a time when I hadn't seen any. Well, if this doesn't work I have a back-up from when I went through your lists, but here goes. Have you seen...Payback (1999)?

I liked this. Solid performance by Williams. I personally think he has had a few better but this would rank up with his best. Great casting of young Garp. Oh man, i could totally see that kid growing up to be Robin Williams haha. Close was great as his mum. Completely nuts, but she was great. That scene with the prostitute, was so awkward haha. I wasn't expecting it to go down the road it did, there were plenty of dark scenes throughout which took me by surprise since it seemed pretty tame for the first hour. The car accident and assassination scenes, as well as just the idea of the Jamesians especially shocked me.

I felt a bit bad for Garp at times but all the same he had no real right to be jealous/bitter. Well other than his mum telling him not to right about her, and she went on to write about him anyway.

This kinda reminded me of a much darker Forrest Gump. Mostly because it is pretty quirky and comedic while it always has this unconfronted sadness lingering about. Also probably because of the length of time that passes, since we see Garp from the day he is born until he is a married man with children. It was really funny and sweet at times too.

Anyway, thanks for the nom TONGO. I didn't like it as much as you but i did enjoy it. I mostly liked that it wasn't what i was expecting at all, well not the second half anyway.
Great review Camo Yeah George Roy Hill told John Irvins story brilliantly (same author of Cider House Rules), and imo better than. Whatever someone expects from the film, I think theyd be hard pressed to not be surprised. Very quirky yet endearing and impactful because of it. What rating would you give it?

I really don't know, i'll have to think about it some more i'll come back to you later. I'm really annoyed because i had more to say about it but when i went to write it my mind just went blank. Hate when that happens.

I really don't know, i'll have to think about it some more i'll come back to you later. I'm really annoyed because i had more to say about it but when i went to write it my mind just went blank. Hate when that happens.
Thats a very honest answer, that movie is hard to rate.

Its my personal favorite film of all time, I know its not a 5 star film though it had that effect on me, Id have to think about it too if I rated it.

So, let's see what we got here, Mr. Citizen. *Looks at favourites* Right...haven't seen a one...but...*Cracks knuckles* that shouldn't stop me dead. TO IMDB!

*Looking up movies*

So, musicals, drama, noir and romance in diffrent combinations. I think I will go to the crime side of things, a little revenge, some stolen loot, a pinch of Kris Kristofferson. I think I've mentioned this before as a movie that I thought was noir at a time when I hadn't seen any. Well, if this doesn't work I have a back-up from when I went through your lists, but here goes. Have you seen...Payback (1999)?

Thanks! Clazor for picking one. I never seen that film, so cool I'll watch and post back here

I'd like to point out that the "normal" version of Payback and the Director's Cut are very different movies, so you might want to take that into consideration. I prefer the theatrical cut, but I like both.

Also, Clazor, are you secretly me from another universe? This is a serious question.

Not really. I've just seen you posting about a lot of movies I like lately. Or it might just be Mel Gibson movies.

Swan ► Close Up (1990)
Daniel M ► Closet Land (1991)
MonnoM ► Doomed Megalopolis (1991)
OmnizoaYoung Adult (2011)
TuggFour Lions (2010)
CamoThe Nanny (1965)
Citizen RulesSamurai Rebellion (1967)
ClazorKids (1995)
Nope ► Martyrs (2008)
CamoThe World According To Garp (1982)
TONGOHowl (2015)
MonnoM ► Heaven (2002)
Movie MaxAn American Werewolf in London (1981)
Citizen Rules ► Payback (1999)
Clazor ► ?????

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
I'd like to point out that the "normal" version of Payback and the Director's Cut are very different movies, so you might want to take that into consideration. I prefer the theatrical cut, but I like both.
There's a director's cut?!! How didn't I know about this?! I MUST HAVE IT!!!

Also, yes, I am you and I am coming to take over your life, but don't tell anyone. It's a secret. Shhh!

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Thanks! Clazor for picking one. I never seen that film, so cool I'll watch and post back here
You're lucky. Payback is top ten movie material for many, and much better than the original. It is a cool and fun R rated movie remake.