The Movie Forums Chain Challenge

Tools    

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
Ignore that, I took a look at your list after I posted rather than before, as I should have done. But now I'm out of wierd stuff at the moment, so I guess this will have to do:

The fear of 13 (2015)

We dont want to break the chain

TONGO watching Swans pick Embrace Of The Serpent

Swan picks Daniel M. Swan will watch Close Up
Daniel M picks MonnoM. Daniel M will watch Closet Land
MonnoM picks Omnizoa. MonnoM will watch Doomed Megalopolis
Omnizoa picks Tugg. Omni will watch Young Adult
Tugg picks Camo. Tugg will watch Blue Lions
Camo picks Citizen Rules. Camo will watch The Nanny
Citizen Rules picks Cricket. Citizen will watch Samurai Rebellion
Cricket picks TheUsualSuspect. Cricket will watch City Of Lost Children
TheUsualSuspect picks Redwell. TUS will watch Vagabond
Redwell picks Mr Minio. Redwell will watch Postman Blues
TONGO picks Omnizoa. TONGO will watch Dragon Tiger Gate
Omnizoa picks CosmicRunaway. Omnizoa will watch Gen-X Cops
CosmicRunaway picks re93animator. Cosmic will watch Society
re93animator picks Clazor. re93animator will watch The Fear of 13
Clazor picks Topsy. Clazor will watch Kids
Topsy picks Mistique. Topsy will watch........

Do you just pick whoever you want whenever you want, or do you have to be picked in order to pick?
You have to be picked. You will be, Im hoping everyone will be before its over.

Do you just pick whoever you want whenever you want, or do you have to be picked in order to pick?
Someone has to pick you to pick a film for them. Then you pick someome to pick a film for you.

The Fear of 13 (2015) -

Really moving documentary. The melodrama was maybe a tad overkill (I think the subject was powerful enough without histrionic reinforcement), but it was still very well done. It brings to light some criminal justice system inadequacies with a rollercoaster of a story.

I was out most of the afternoon and evening yesterday, but I did get a copy of Society. I have some errands to run this morning, but I should get around to watching it this afternoon or this evening, depending on what happens in the Survivor game haha.

Im not sure what Im getting into with this Dragon Tiger Gate movie Omni suggested. I will watch it, I want to watch it, thats the whole point of the chain.....Im just wondering if its gonna be like a saturday morning kids tv show with the highest end martial arts.

Watch it have a story on par with Highlander and end up in my Top 10.

On par with Highlander? Don't joke about such things. There can be only one.

Oh! That movie was so tough. Great plotline, great villain, Sean Connery was complete money in that, and I thought the tv series (from what I saw) was solid too.
The movie sequels though were the drizzlin s#ts.

Im not sure what Im getting into with this Dragon Tiger Gate movie Omni suggested. I will watch it, I want to watch it, thats the whole point of the chain.....Im just wondering if its gonna be like a saturday morning kids tv show with the highest end martial arts.

Watch it have a story on par with Highlander and end up in my Top 10.
So, did it have a story on par with Highlander or was it a saturday morning cartoon? The last sentence was a bit jumbled.

So, did it have a story on par with Highlander or was it a saturday morning cartoon? The last sentence was a bit jumbled.
I dont know yet, Ill post about it after I see it.

Maybe Clazor's not fast. Maybe we're all just too slow.
ZOOOM!!!

What was that? A sportscar? A low flying plane?

No, it's...CLAZORMAN!!!

*Heroic, bombastic music*

Society (1989)

I didn't know much about this movie going into it, but I had seen a From Beyond-esque picture that turned out to be from the film's climax, so I sort of knew what to expect. I kind of wish I didn't know about that though, because for the rest of the movie I was just sort of waiting for it to get to that point.

Because of that I found most of the movie to be rather boring. I appreciate the psychological angle the first and second acts took, but I just wasn't really into it. After things got grotesque, they got quite silly, and I found myself laughing a bit at the end, particularly when...
WARNING: "Film's final act" spoilers below
...the dad said "I guess you're right son, I am a butt-head" and also when Billy turned Ferguson inside out.

The effects are impressive, and I enjoy the social commentary, but overall the movie was just a bit bland and lacking any of the charm that films like Re-Animator have. That said it was a good recommendation, it just fell a bit flat for me.

Edit: I just realized I said "political commentary" instead of "social commentary" so I fixed it.