Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Suffragette (2015)

It's been maybe 9 years since I've seen Angst essen Seele auf. I watched it as part of a German film class, but I wasn't able to stay for the full screening. To this day I still haven't seen the last 20 minutes. Thanks for reminding me to get on that haha.

Unregistered User
It's been maybe 9 years since I've seen Angst essen Seele auf. I watched it as part of a German film class, but I wasn't able to stay for the full screening. To this day I still haven't seen the last 20 minutes. Thanks for reminding me to get on that haha.

You're welcome! I'll most definitely be giving it a rewatch asap

The Night of the Hunter (1955) -
+

Always thought i would like this and i was right, really enjoyed this. Robert Mitchum really was amazing. He was very creepy at times, and surprisingly funny. I really liked how manipulative and just how pure evil he was. I kind of hope he was an inspiration for Kane from Poltergeist 2 that guy terrorized my childhood, and the singing especially reminded me of him. It was also nice seeing Lillian Gish, i only watched a film with her for the first time last month The Wind, so i basically saw both ends of her career as The Wind is a silent film from the 20's. Even the kids weren't bad or annoying. I actually think the kid who played John did a pretty good job. The direction and especially the cinematography was truly superb. It is a real shame Laughton never directed again, he could have been one of the greats going off of this. The one thing i would have done differently was make a bit longer, not much just 10 or 15 minutes. Mostly at Powell's introduction to the family to him getting married to the mother, i felt that was done a bit too quick.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Sam Peckinpah: Man of Iron

I recommend watching this. I'm not even a fan - he's more interesting than his movies. I did like "The Getaway". I like "The Wild Bunch" but I think it's a bit overrated. I couldn't stand "Straw Dogs" so I might just put it on next, since I saw it at 17 and 32... I think his "craziness" and personality is what drew people to him.

X-Men: Apocalypse
(2016) -

I sort of regret wearing my Phoenix costume shirt to the theatre.

Apocalypse is overly long, and retreads a lot old ground not just from First Class and Days of Future Past, but from the previous X-Men trilogy as well. It also literally repeats itself, because a fair portion of the film includes whole scenes lifted straight from the First Class reel.

It fails to evoke emotion and ends up dull instead. There are a few chuckles in the movie (though a few groans as well), and it never falls to Batman v Superman or X-Men The Last Stand levels of bad, but perhaps if it did I'd at least have a strong response the film instead of my current, neutral "well, that was certainly...a movie" reaction.

Aw, Im disappointed to hear that Cosmic. I havent seen it but was hoping it was good like Futures past.

Aw, Im disappointed to hear that Cosmic. I havent seen it but was hoping it was good like Futures past.
This is for people who watch movies. Please don't ruin this thread man.

Welcome to the human race...
Beverly Hills Cop II -

Not quite as good as the original, but still one of the better Tony Scott movies I've seen.

BANNED
When it isn't the last movie I saw, though I found a thread which you may post a movie review. It was 1 week ago.

This is Where I leave you

Starring Bateman, Fonda, Byrne and many others.

Starting out with a great cast, well you want results and it delivered. The youngest child is always the child even at 30. Bateman wants success even it costs him with his marriage. Fey with a marriage with money, they it's always the one you can't marry. Stoll the eldest child is the provider and struggling for a kid.

Fonda is the Movie really and she wrote a book when the children were young and every little secret in the non-fictional book.

Yes! It's a comedy.

4/5 popcorns.

Was really boring had to quit in the middle because I was falling asleep.

Welcome to the human race...
Magic Mike -

WARNING: "Magic Mike" spoilers below
They take their shirts off. And their pants.

Another movie I recently watched was Ricky...That was Kannada language movie...The movie is focused on Naxalism (inner terrorism). By the affect of Special economic zone, so many people lose their home. They later make Naxals group, which spreads all around the country. In that, the love of young couple gets spoiled. You can see its review at allinonenews.net/2016/01/24/ricky-kannada-movie-review-rakshith-shetty-rikki-kannada-film-review/

Man of the West (1958)

-

From the top 100 westerns list, this movie features a nice cast with Gary Cooper, Lee J. Cobb, and Julie London. It looks and sounds like an average western, but it has a dark side. There's a scene that reminded me of classic humiliation scenes like in the woods in Last House on the Left, and the motel scene in The Devil's Rejects. Of course it's not nearly as graphic, but I bet it sparked a little controversy in it's time. The movie has an edge that makes it stand above the crowd.

Breaking The Waves (1996) - No Rating

I just don't even know. I can't rate this, no film has annoyed me as much as this ever probably but at the same time it hasn't left my mind.Firstly the stuff i know i liked: the music, that's it. This was two and a half hours long and it should have been boring, but it captivated me somehow, the first time i actually took notice of the time it was two hours in.Emily Watson was pretty great but her character annoyed me more than any ever. The best part in the film was when she got slapped because she really needed one. This was easily the most grim, depressing thing i've watched in a long time even more than Dancer In The Dark, but i didn't find any of it sad just frustrating. The closest i came to tears was when she presented herself naked to the doctor, i nearly cried out of embarrasment and pity. Of course Von Trier had Watson act as awkward as possible in her scenes with the doc after that which just brought me back to then.Well anyway i shouldn't go on anymore, i honestly don't know what i think of this. I haven't been as taken in by a film like this in a while, but it is hovering over the love and hate line. I kind of have to watch this again, like right away haha.