Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Holy crap, is that actually the opening?
It is. Here's the second part of the opening:

Hands down, the coolest Cage role. Also one of the craziest.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
John Woo's Hong Kong films are waaay better, but this one is pretty decent, too.

The last movie I saw (which was 2 hours ago) was Unfriended. 6/10.

Face/Off introduction was glorious. The rest of the movie didn't hurt as well...

Finished here. It's been fun.

If someone were to call this a perfect film, I wouldn't put up much of a fight. This is without question, one of the most powerful films in cinema history. I really wish that the film had a higher quality print or restoration though. The version that I viewed was in very low quality. My objective evaluation of the film wasn't hindered, but my enjoyment was a little bit. I hope this gets a restoration one day, it sure as hell deserves it.

Miyamoto Musashi (1961) - Tomu Uchida
The first in a somewhat forgotten series of six films tracing the life of Miyamoto - a well known figure from Japan's history it seems. This film is basically about him learning to become a samurai and it's a role made for a Mifune or a Nakadai ... but unfortunately they aren't in it. The cast is still pretty good with, among others, Chieko Naniwa and Rentaro Mikuni who have had supporting roles in many classic films from that era. This is quite a restrained Samurai film and whilst it was well made it didn't really engage me. It was decent but nothing more.

Miyamoto Musashi: Showdown at Hannyazaka Heights (1962) - Tomu Uchida
The second in the series had me more engaged - the role of Miyamoto felt more fleshed out and the addition of a child character gave the film more heart. Still a restrained samurai film, until the last 10 minutes, but a more interesting one and I'm now looking forward to the rest of the series.

Welcome to the human race...
Lantana -

I thought this was pretty good the first time I saw it in 2008, but it doesn't really hold up with its fairly bland tale of intertwining married couples and a potential murder mystery.

Dogtown and Z-Boys - 7.5/10

Really enjoyed this. Wouldn't say I was ever into skateboarding but like most good documentaries it got me interested in something I know little about. The connections between surfing and the origins of skateboarding were interesting, as well as how everybody ended up after the Z-Boys split up. Some great footage and photos too.

A lot of fun here...8/10
Great movie!

No Country For Old Men - A

Fury - B+

Boogie Nights - A

Les 7 Jours Du Talion (2010) - Daniel Grou

- Awesome Quebec torture flick. I love it. The cast is great, the storyline rock and for those who like extreme cinema with an entertaining storyline you have to check it out (Cricket I look at you when I say that).

Even though for most of the film I thought it was cheesy as hell with the ubiquitous "baby" quotes, the acting was actually superb. Classic Noir at its finest!