Fantastic Four 2015 Reboot, why should we care?

Tools    

I heard that it sucks terribly... is it right?

The problem Fox has now is they've tied it to the franchise by having Deadpool appear in the credits scene.

They've totally messed this up now.
Oh just looked it up quickly. There is NO credits scene (after credits scene/post credits scene/mid credits scene whatever) for FF. You must be thinking of the Deadpool promo for his trailer after the promo for FF.

Okay off to see the film now.

Here's a conspiracy theory, did Fox knowingly release a bad film to try and ransom Marvel for the rights, seeing how Sony and Marvel struck a deal over Spidey?

Here's a conspiracy theory, did Fox knowingly release a bad film to try and ransom Marvel for the rights, seeing how Sony and Marvel struck a deal over Spidey?
That's a convoluted way to lose money. No way their Marvel deal will make up that much more than they money lost on the film. 120 budget, at least 100 marketing, means that it will need somewhere between 400 and 500 million dollars to break even. That probably won't happen with a 25 opening and bad domestic legs. If they intentionally wanted to sell the rights, why not make a good movie? IT would be more expensive for Marvel to buy a known hit.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
This is really premature, but I am willing to make a friendly bet the sequel will not happen in the given timeframe.

This movie reset the rights clock, which I was disheartened to hear is ten years. Rushing into another underwhelming movie makes no sense. Fox can wait another nine years and let this one mellow.

I don't see Marvel striking a deal with Fox. Spiderman is arguably the most iconic Marvel character. F4 doesn't have that juice, not even with its villains.

I think jaydee mentioned the promo budget, which needs to be added to the $120m before even considering breakeven. This movie was spammed so much, you could have made a drinking game.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Looking up ashcan copy led me to my new favorite term, franchise zombie.

I heard a while back that Man Of Steel was Ashcan as well tbh.

The rights would have gone back to the Estates of Siegel and Shuster if Warner didn't make a movie by date X.
There was also an apparent lawsuit lined up.
Warner was apparently under contract to make Superman movies and bring in Royalties for the two creators' Estates... and if Warner Bros didn't do it, they would lose the rights to Superman and also have to pay a hefty lump sum out of their own pocket to cover what would be potential losses for the Estates.

I get the impression that Fantastic 4 may have been under a similar situation. We'll have to wait a few months to see if this transpires though.
This F4 movie is the same as the 1994 F4 movie. It's an Ashcan Copy so Fox can keep the rights to the F4 name... hence why it's a total crock of sh*t.

Saw it today and it was as bad as the critics said it was:

WARNING: spoilers below

First of all it was lifeless and bleak - it felt more like an X-Men movie than the Fantastic Four (and a really bad one).

The movie spends 1 hour just showing the characters get their super powers, and then tries to cram in the whole Dr. Doom debacle into the last 30 minutes of the film.

None of the characters or their relationships were fleshed out - Ben in particular had almost no dialogue and no personality at all; and when they toss in his "It's clobberin' time" line in the final fight scene it feels completely forced and doesn't fit the tone of the film at all.

There were plenty of other points which made no sense at all. Reed builds a teleporter as a kid in his garage with scrap he found at a junk yard? C'mon.

Ben gets dragged along for the trip to the other planet despite not even being a scientist, or an astronaut, or anything other than just a "childhood friend" of Reed?

Dr. Doom waits 7 years to begin his "evil plan", and by pure coincidence he begins it the very minute the Fantastic Four teleport back to the other planet? Not to mention he lets the Fantastic Four take him back to earth for absolutely no reason, then just decides to start killing everyone and return to the other planet in order to destroy the earth.

The Fantastic Four also somehow know every little detail about Dr. Doom's plan to destroy earth, despite not even being in the room when he announces it They also portrayed Doom as basically a "lonely nerd" who was just hung up on Sue rather than a badass villain.

Oh and Dr. Doom somehow "mutates" a green cloak on his back... seriously.

Basically I'll put it this way - this remake will give you a lot more appreciation for the original 2 films. Sure those films were cheesy and felt more like a Saturday morning superhero cartoon than a big budget Hollywood film, but this film is just downright bad, and has almost nothing to do with Fantastic Four.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/fantastic...021200954.html

It's gotten really really bad for this mess of a movie.

When the director himself says "it's not my fault" it means even he admits the final product is awful cinema. What more is there to say?
The thing is he may actually be telling the truth:

WARNING: spoilers below
There were several scenes and lines in the trailer which I don't recall seeing anywhere in this movie - particularly the scene at the end where The Thing drops out of a stealth jet onto a Humvee, where the military officer says to Reed "How long until he's in?" "Two minutes; might be a little less".

And now a brief intermission for a very CATCHY Fantastic Four theme song from one of the lame cartoon versions (well, at least this one didn't have HERBIE!)

Now we see why movies like this get made.
Because people like 90sAce pay to see them
Actually the only reason I saw it was because of how bad people said it was, and I wanted to see if it lived up to the hype.

Interesting piece - apparently Fox cut 3 significant action scenes from this movie:

Collider Movie Talk – Did Fox Destroy Trank’s FANTASTIC FOUR?

http://collider.com/collider-movie-t...antastic-four/

Well I saw Fantastic Four and of course it wasn't a perfect film, but it most certainly wasn't a bad movie whatsoever. What I liked most about it, was the dark overtones and gritty aspect. The corniness and complete silly tactics are gone. And it went straight for the story, emotion and pure fun.

I liked the fact that in this version, it stems back to when Reed Richards (Miles Teller) is a kid and how the film's origin differs from the rest. The relationships between Ben Grimm (Jamie Bell) and Reed were fleshed out significantly...as well as it emotionaly diminished. Plus we now find out where the infamous line "It's clobberin time" came from in Ben Grimm's vocabulary. And it's not just from his persona as The Thing.

It was a nice change of pace here though to actually get to know the characters and who they are, their lives, and their background. Unlike The Fantastic Four in 2005, where we are just thrown immediately in the laps of all four of them as they're about to head into space. No character structure like this movie has.

The villian chosen for this first FF installment, Doctor Victor Von Doom (Toby Kebbell) joins the venture this time but it's not in space. But an alternate universe. And that is another thing that makes it even exciting, especially the way they get their powers.

Doom's fate on the other hand is unfortunate...or so we think. I prefer the character of Doom in this reiteration because he's more villanous and horrific and less campy. Plus he actually gets mutated instead of idiotic mask and outfit Julian McMahon had to wear.

Toby Kebbell on the otherhand, did a fine job as the egotistical and jealous computer scientist who just wanted to be better than everyone else. Then got his wish by trying to destroying everyone in the process.

I'd like to note a couple of more things before my review is finished. I have read on a few comment boards and such that people disliked the way The Thing has been represented. I found him to be pretty awesome in my opinion. He even looks like a more realistic depiction of a walking human made out of boulders and rocks. Plus I even heard others say the CGI looked horrible. I mean come on, he's supposed look like rocks.

Also, I just wanna mention the missing scene(s) people keep barking about. A lot of films shoot scenes that don't make it into the final film. The scene and or scenes that weren't in the film I am sure will probably be on the Blu-ray's special features. If you're so curious about where they went.

All in all this was a very entertaining popcorn flick in every sense of the word. Again it has flaws just like any other movie, but Fantastic Four certainly didn't deserve to be bashed so much. There are worse films out there.

My rating:
/ B-

Well I saw Fantastic Four and of course it wasn't a perfect film, but it most certainly wasn't a bad movie whatsoever. What I liked most about it, was the dark overtones and gritty aspect. The corniness and complete silly tactics are gone. And it went straight for the story, emotion and pure fun.

Not sure what film you saw, but it sure wasn't the one I did.