Hotseat! Grill a MoFo: Frightened Inmate No. 2

Tools    

What happened to the first frightened inmate?

What scares you the most?

Do you like to be scared?

Do you like to scare others?

Do you have any siblings?

If so, how many, and how old are they?

If so, do you all get along?

Do you have any pets?

If so, what are they, and what are their names?

Name your favorite season.

Who is your favorite actor?

Who is your least favorite actor?

Who is your favorite actress?

Who is your least favorite actress?

What is your favorite song, band, singer . . . ?

What is your favorite music genre?

What is your least favorite music genre?

What is your favorite movie genre?

What is your least favorite movie genre?

Name your all time favorite movie.

Name the movie you hate the most.

Do you like animated movies?

What is your favorite animated movie?

Are there any that you hate?

Do you like animated TV shows?

What is your favorite animated TV show?

Again, are there any that you hate?

What is your favorite movie for each genre . . .

Horror?
Sci-fi?
Suspense Thriller?
Comedy?
Action?
Drama?
Musicals?
Westerns?
Martial Arts?
War?

Master of My Domain
Are you a fan of daydreaming?

Do you have any phobias?

What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

What happened to the first frightened inmate?

i am he as he is me and we are all together

What scares you the most?

i'm not really afraid of death at all and the fact that i'm going to die somebody doesn't bother me in the slightest, but i hate the idea of sudden death. not even the whole dying part, but i think the last few seconds right when you know it's over sound excruciating.

Do you like to be scared?

i like suspenseful stuff and a little sense of danger, but i've never really understood people who will simply watch a movie to be scared or whatever. not really a very pleasant feeling, imo.

Do you like to scare others?

not really. i don't mind a good prank now and then, but i can't stand intentionally making people feel uncomfortable. i used to try to jump out and scare my sister growing up, but anything more than a couple seconds and i feel icky.

Do you have any siblings?

yes

If so, how many, and how old are they?

one sister, 27, three years older than me

If so, do you all get along?

we get along more now than we ever have, mostly because i don't see her as much, and i feel like our tastes are more similar now than they ever have been. she's not really into film, but we've both gotten into rap pretty recently and she discovered pitchfork recently so we bond over music a lot more.

Do you have any pets?

yes

If so, what are they, and what are their names?

two cats, felix & oscar

Name your favorite season.

summer. used to love the cold, but the last few winters in Illinois have been unbearably long so any heat feels great.

Who is your favorite actor?

don't really have one, but i love Nicholson, De Niro, Phoenix, Bogart and a lot of others

Who is your least favorite actor?

i wouldn't say i'm a very polarized person, so i don't hate a lot of things, but i guess i'm not a fan of Keanu Reeves and uh, a few others. i don't know why Reeves is the only one i can think of right now, i don't even dislike him that much.

Who is your favorite actress?

Gena Rowlands, Julie Delpy, Anna Karina, others that I'm forgetting

Who is your least favorite actress?

i don't think i have one. i can't think of one that i really dislike off the top of my head. i guess i'll say Drew Barrymore just to piss off Honeykid.

will do the rest later

Originally Posted by Frightened Inmate No. 2
i'm not really afraid of death at all and the fact that i'm going to die somebody doesn't bother me in the slightest, but i hate the idea of sudden death. not even the whole dying part, but i think the last few seconds right when you know it's over sound excruciating.
I hate the idea of sudden death, too, and I hope it doesn't happen, yet at the same time... a slow death seems far worse to me. Especially if it's cancer or some illness. I wouldn't wanna be sick for a long time and die. I HATE being sick. My head hurts right now and I hate it. At least in most cases, if you're sick, you can look forward to getting well. Terminal illness? There's nothing to look forward to......

Why did you join mofo?

what tv shows did you watch as a child?

how often will you rewatch a movie?

Is there a popular movie you swear you will never watch? If yes, which one?

What your best trait?

What's your worst habit, or the thing you most want to change about yourself?

In what ways are you creative and/or artistic?

"I want to be so rich I could...[fill in the blank]"

Do you walk to school or carry your lunch?

Have you taken part in an experiment of any kind?
Have you ever been interviewed for a publication?
Have you ever been physically sick on a fairground/theme park ride?
What's your favourite food?
Favourite decade for music?
Favourite TV programme?
Did you used to play arcade games? If so, what was your favourite?
Ever fired a live firearm?
Was/is satisfied with their education?
Belongs to a library?
Made a snowman?
First film you bought?
What one item of clothing would you buy if money were no object?
Have you saved someone's life?
What was the first thing you can remember wishing to be?

How did you come to watch Arrested Development?

What do you like most about it?

Is it your favorite show (already asked by honeykid)?

What do you do?

Did you ever grow up with a father?

When's the last time a girl was creeped out by you?

Are you gay? (If so when's the last time a guy was creeped out by you)

Have your racist comments on this site ever caused you problems in a real life situation?

:JK

What is your favorite song, band, singer . . . ?

i don't really have a favorite band right now because i feel like my tastes are in a big transitional period right now. a year ago i would've said Green Day or Nirvana, but now it would probably be something like Arcade Fire, Radiohead, or Kanye West. i guess i'll say The Beatles because my love for them has been pretty consistent. my favorite song used to be Disarm by The Smashing Pumpkins, but i have no idea what it would be anymore. fav singer is still freddie mercury or chris cornell. i might not listen to them as much anymore, but i still love their voices.

What is your favorite music genre?

probably indie rock, but again, i don't really know. if you asked me a year ago it would've been 90s grunge and alternative or classic rock, and if you ask me a year from now it might be rap.

What is your least favorite music genre?

country

What is your favorite movie genre?

i guess drama? i rarely ever think of movies as genres. i guess i've always had a soft spot for crime dramas and mysteries.

What is your least favorite movie genre?

i guess musical, but i still like a lot of musicals. it just seems like they're a lot easier to screw up.

Name your all time favorite movie.

The Shining

Name the movie you hate the most.

i don't really hate a lot of movies, but those High School Musical movies are pretty terrible.

Do you like animated movies?

i have nothing against them and i enjoy a lot of them, so sure. i don't get people who prefer them over live-action, though.

What is your favorite animated movie?

probably Toy Story 2 or 3. i dunno, i'm boring.

Are there any that you hate?

i remember thinking Open Season 2 and Hotel Transylvania were some of the stupidest movies i've ever seen.

Do you like animated TV shows?

yeah

What is your favorite animated TV show?

The Simpsons (1-10), which i was obsessed with for a really long time.

Again, are there any that you hate?

Family Guy, and i'm sure i would hate The Cleveland Show if i had seen enough of it. lowest common denominator "edgy" humor with some of the laziest writing i've ever seen. although it's still better than Modern Simpsons.

What is your favorite movie for each genre . . .

Horror?
The Shining
Sci-fi?
Stalker
Suspense Thriller?
Pulp Fiction
Comedy?
Spring Breakers
Action?
Die Hard
Drama?
Goodbye to Language
Musicals?
Singin' in the Rain
Westerns?
Johnny Guitar
Martial Arts?
Yojimbo
War?
Apocalypse Now

Which specific characteristics don't you like in people?

What makes people interesting to you?

Do you believe human life has any meaning in the grand scheme of things?

What's your favorite animal?

Which animal would you want to be and why?

What's your favorite country?

Do you have any famous people you respect a lot that aren't part of the film industry?

Are you a fan of daydreaming?

i don't do it that often, but sometimes i do like to disappear into my own mind for a little bit.

Do you have any phobias?

not that i can think of. i mean, maybe i'm a little more creeped out by bugs than i should be, but no more than the average person.

What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

african or european?

Why did you join mofo?

i was just getting into film so i was looking for a place with some quality movie discussion. i didn't find one, but i thought this place seemed nice anyway.

what tv shows did you watch as a child?

the simpsons has been my favorite show since i was six or seven, but besides that i watched a lot of old shows that my parents introduced me to, like i dream of jeannie, bewitched, dick van dyke, gilligan's island, etc. i also watched a lot of nickelodeon, and i think my favorites were rugrats and hey arnold.

how often will you rewatch a movie?

not very often. if i feel like i didn't fully appreciate a movie the first time, i might watch it again a few months later, but otherwise i rarely ever go out of my way to watch a movie again. most rewatches i've done in the past couple years have been when i'm showing a movie to someone.

Is there a popular movie you swear you will never watch? If yes, which one?

not that i can think of. i'll watch pretty much anything. like, i'm probably not gonna seek out the fast & furious movies anytime soon but i'm not against watching them. i guess i'm just a naturally curious person, so even watching a really ****** movie can still feel like a somewhat productive experience.