The MoFo Top 100 Animated Films - The Countdown

→ in
Tools    

36. Coraline - Voting Stats

Total Points: 190
Part of a Numeric Tie? No.
14 Votes: 2nd Place (24 pts.), 4th Place (22 pts.), 5th Place (21 pts.), Two 7th Place (19 pts. each), 8th Place (18 pts.), 12th Place (14 pts.), 13th Place (13 pts.) Three 16th Place (10 pts. each), 22nd Place (4 pts.), Two 23rd Place (3 pts. each)

35. The Wrong Trousers - Voting Stats

Total Points: 199
Part of a Numeric Tie? No.
12 Votes: 1st Place (25 pts.), Two 4th Place (22 pts. each), Two 6th place (20 pts. each), Two 8th Place (18 pts. each), 9th Place (17 pts.), 10th Place (16 pts.), 13th Place (13 pts.), 20th Place (6 pts.), 24th Place (2 pts.)

I liked Coraline a little bit, but not enough to consider voting for.

Never heard of The Wrong Trousers, but I didn't like Were-Rabbit anyway.

Never heard of The Wrong Trousers, but I didn't like Were-Rabbit anyway.
The Wrong Trousers is a short. Not sure if you had any shorts on your watchlist. I think Were-Rabbit may be the only feature length Wallace & Gromit, but I could be wrong.

I'm not a W&G fan so no vote from me. I was underwhelmed by Coraline. From the previous set, I've never seen Kiki and I haven't seen The Little Mermaid in about 20 years, so no votes from me there either.

Coraline was my #2!

Had really hoped for higher, I love stop-motion animation, and there was just something about this one, with all its vivid characters and darkly interesting storyline. Beautiful and unique to look at, and a great ride to experience.

Except for my #1 my top 4 spots has been revealed. Let's see where my number one pick ends, and of course where the rest appears as well.

The Wrong Trousers is too low, a masterpiece in animation in my eyes. Everything about it is perfect, great use of tricks and effects with stop motion, lighting, sounds etc. Great heist movie with awesome action sequences too.

The Wrong Trousers is too low, a masterpiece in animation in my eyes. Everything about it is perfect, great use of tricks and effects with stop motion, lighting, sounds etc. Great heist movie with awesome action sequences too.
God... I was gonna say IT'S TOO HIGH!

What the hell is this The Wrong Trousers short and why is it higher than my Sleeping Beauty?!

Have you seen it?
No, but more importantly, had I heard about it? NO. If it's so masterful, why haven't I heard about it?

That's what bugs me about most of these countdowns -- it's always stuff nobody's heard of that makes the list.

I have heard of Wallace & Gromit, though. I'll give it that.

But still I can't believe something like that is as high as it is.

Coraline was my #7... brilliant film. Never been a fan of Grimace And Vomit though.

05. Dumbo (1941) - 49th
07. Coraline (2009) - 36th
08. Beavis And Butt-Head Do America (1996) - 66th
16. The Simpsons Movie (2007) - 51st
17. Watership Down (1978) - 75th
21. A Scanner Darkly (2006) - 47th

That's what bugs me about most of these countdowns -- it's always stuff nobody's heard of that makes the list.
It got twelve votes, but nobody's ever heard of it. Um, what?

I've heard of it.

Not surprised SC hasn't seen it.

He's not seen any films.

He wings most of his choices for these lists.

It got twelve votes, but nobody's ever heard of it. Um, what?

I've heard of it.
Twelve people who live in dark corners of the world, logging on Movie Forums.

Sometimes I just have to remember where I am.

No, but more importantly, had I heard about it? NO. If it's so masterful, why haven't I heard about it?

Can guarantee that the majority, probably like 95% of the British members on here have heard of it, and you say you've heard of Wallace & Gromit, it's their most acclaimed short.

Watch it and let me know what you think:

He wings most of his choices for these lists
I really did for this one -- I ain't gonna lie.

The Brave Little Weeman Returns!
I must have completely forgotten about Wallace and Gromit when formulating my list

I must say, I've always been more partial to A Close Shave, even though The Wrong Trousers is fantastic as well.

Reviews