The MoFo Top 100 Animated Films - The Countdown

→ in
Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
The Jungle Book didn't make my list because I haven't seen it in ages, but its a worthy listed film. Good to see it make the countdown. I too look at it as classic Disney. There's some more classic Disney that I prefer and that should show yet.

My rewatch of Jungle Book wasn't that great of an experience. I didn't hate it, but I thought it was boring and overrated for how much praise it usually gets.

Glad to see The Illusionist on the list, though I never got around it myself. I like the unique animation and it was one of those I really wanted to see but never managed to before the time was up.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
The Jungle Book was one of the Disney movies that got cut from my list because I didn't want to submit a list that was at least 1/2 - 3/4 Disney movies. The story isn't my favorite of the Disney movies, but I absolutely love most of the songs. I'm glad to see that it made the list without my help.

Another movie of mine -- The Jungle Book -- had it at #10.

MY LIST SO FAR:

6. Yellow Submarine
8. All Dogs Go To Heaven
9. 101 Dalmations
10. The Jungle Book
13. Lady and the Tramp
25. Grace (one pointer)

Somewhere out there I'm having a good time.
We're 40 percent through and still only one film from my list...I'm starting to think that some of them might not make the cut...

14. Mulan

58. The Curse of the Were-Rabbit - Voting Stats

Total Points: 113
Part of a Numeric Tie? No.
10 Votes: 4th Place (22 pts.), 7th Place (19 pts.), 8th Place (18 pts.), 10th Place (16 pts.), 14th Place (12 pts.), 15th Place (11 pts.), 18th Place (8 pts.), 21st Place (5 pts.), Two 25th Place (1 pt. each)

57. Charlotte's Web - Voting Stats

Total Points: 120
Part of a Numeric Tie? No.
7 Votes: 1st Place (25 pts.), Two 2nd Place (24 pts. each), 10th Place (16 pts.), 11th Place (15 pts.), Two 18th Place (8 pts. each)

One of the biggest surprises to me was The Curse of the Were-Rabbit and I had it at #7.

It's just my type of humor and the stop-motion animation was so well done, even if that was actually what put me off at first. I adore stop-motion, but has never been a fan of claymation. I knew how wrong I was after I watched this. Glad to see it make the list and fairly high as well...

As I'm sure many of you know by now, Charlotte's Web is a big childhood favorite of mine. I voted for it at number 10.

I grew up with both the film and the book and the story has been more influential in my life than E.B. White and the film's creators probably ever imagined or intended their story to be. Sure, I got the message about the real meaning of friendship but the main thing I took away from the story was a love of rats.

From the first time I saw the film to the most recent time (which was yesterday), I've been drawn to that sarcastic, self-centered, hilarious rodent named Templeton, brought to life by a fantastic voice performance from Paul Lynde. If I had to come up with a list of favorite animated characters, Templeton would be number one. There are other animated films that I hold in higher esteem than Charlotte's Web, but none of them contain any characters that are so perfectly suited to my personality.

Oh and, once again, a big thank you to JayDee for the gif. The only suitable existing gif I could find was of Charlotte and that just won't do. Actually JayDee made me a collection of them, so in celebration of Templeton, here are a few more:

Oh, yeah, I enjoyed The Curse of the Were-Rabbit but didn't vote for it. There were two other Aardman films on my ballot, though.

I'm glad The Jungle Book made it. I think it was somewhere near the bottom of my list. One of the best Disney movies I've seen. Great songs, beautiful drawings, great film.

Yellow Submarine and The Illusionist are the fourth and fifth from my list to make the countdown.

5. A Town Called Panic (#76)
7. The Illusionist (#60)
13. Animal Farm (#89)
15. Yellow Submarine (#62)
19. Watership Down (#75)
25. Hugo the Hippo (DNP)

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	britoons.jpg
Views:	3149
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	18968  
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Lord High Filmquisitor
Although I love Wallace & Gromitt, I haven't seen Curse of the Were-Rabbit. I should fix this.

Charlotte's Web is a fun movie, although I don't think a great one. I'm with Miss Vicky, though, that Templeton's the best part of the film.