The MoFo Top 100 Animated Films - The Countdown

→ in
Tools    

I really think so.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

66. Beavis and Butt-Head Do America - Voting Stats

Total Points: 86
Part of a Numeric Tie? No.
7 Votes: 3rd Place (23 pts.), 7th Place (19 pts.), 8th Place (18 pts.), 13th Place (13 pts.), Two 20th Place (6 pts. each), 25th Place (1 pt.)

65. When the Wind Blows - Voting Stats

Total Points: 88
Part of a Numeric Tie? No.
6 Votes: 2nd Place (24 pts.), 5th Place (21 pts.), 8th Place (18 pts.), 13th Place (13 pts.), 18th Place (8 pts.), 22nd Place (4 pts.)

Oh my God.

I had Beavis And Butt-Head... never thought it'd make it though. That's awesome!
There's hope for you lot yet

08. Beavis And Butt-Head Do America (1996) - 66th
17. Watership Down (1978) - 75th

I know I've seen Beavis and Butt-Head Do America, but it's been many years and I'm having difficulty differentiating my memories of the movie and my memories of the show. My brother was a huge fan of the show growing up and I liked it, too, but I vaguely recall not being quite so enamored with the movie.

I've not yet seen When the Wind Blows, but it's on YouTube so I may get to it before long. Also, a big thank you to JayDee for making that animated gif for me.

Oh and I know one MoFo will be particularly happy with this pairing, since they both appeared on his list.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
At #68 Madoka did better than I thought it would. It was #2 on my list and on my all time favorite list but I wasn't expecting it to score higher than the bottom 20. Sadly it doesn't look like part 1 will be showing up but I'm glad part 3 doesn't have much of chance either since I hate the last 10 minutes of it with a fiery passion.

My list so far:
2. PMMM part 2
11. Wolf Children
12. The Hunchback of Notre Dame
13. Anastasia
16. Hercules

When the Wind Blows - One of mine made it ( I forgot to put A Town Called Panic on my list ) I had it at my number 5
glad so many people put When a The Wind Blows on their lists, and some high votes too

Lord High Filmquisitor
I've seen neither of today's entries. I never gor he appeal of Beavis and Butt-Head. I, and everybody else I knew (both friends and siblings) were into Daria.

I could not get into Beavis & Butthead Do America when I tried to watch it for the first time in the '90s. I would like to rewatch it again, though.

I always liked the scene with the "Lesbian Seagull" sing-along.

At least it's a true American movie!

Oh and I know one MoFo will be particularly happy with this pairing, since they both appeared on his list.
Honey, you ain't kidding!

YES! Yes, yes, yes, yes. This rocks!

I had B&B Do America at #3. Saw this at the cinema and embarrassed my sister terribly by laughing (almost to the point of falling out of my seat) for the last 10-15 minutes. Not that I hadn't laughed before that, but Beavis Cornholio had always killed me in the tv programme and his sustained onslaught was just too much for me. Also, Butthead chatting up Chelsea Clinton.

When The Wind Blows at #8, The last film on my list but it had to be there. I've only seen it the once, but it had me welling up (this is before I became the big softie I am now) and my sister and I would often remark how the old man reminded us of our Granddad.

I've six more from my list and I expect five to show up.

I've seen neither of today's entries. I never gor he appeal of Beavis and Butt-Head. I, and everybody else I knew (both friends and siblings) were into Daria.
Daria is the superior show, no doubt, but Beavis and Butt-head were funny, albeit in a very low-brow, juvenile kind of way.

I didn't know about When the Wind Blows or else I definitely would've watched it. I am going to watch it; it looks very good.

Like everything Beavis and Butt-Head but I didn't end up voting for it.