The MoFo Top 100 Animated Films - The Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Yeah, when rewatching the shorts some time ago, I also noticed that they were edited in the film, so that's why The Bugs Bunny/Road-Runner Movie ultimately didn't get my vote.

I did vote however for 101 Dalmatians. People often complain that it looks a little "cheaper" than the classics from the '50s and '40s or than the films of the Disney Renaissance (which is absolutely true), but for me, that's part of the charm of this movie. It gives the film a certain jazzy feeling. I think they used the particular style extremely effectively here. I absolutely adore it!

At the same time, 101 Dalmatians is also a childhood favorite, so that's why I had this film at #12 on my list. I love the story, I love the animation style, I love the villains, I love the heroes. It's simply one of the greatest Disney family adventures of all time (and people seemed to love it at its release, since it did HUGE business at the box office)! The film is also full of awesome individual scenes. Here are a few of them:

The fantastic opening:

Pongo looking out of the window of Roger's apartment, looking for a woman that would be able to give some meaning to their boring Bachelor life:

The delicious introduction of Cruella De Vil:

And there are of course a lot more of them, but you could just as well rewatch the film again.

I don't think many people realize that Kotex also partnered with Disney on Are You There, God? It's Me, Bambi.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Rewatched 101 Dalmatians and liked it but it had no chance at making my list... I love the animation style though, I think it has charm and personality.

The Looney Tunes mash-up movie I did not vote for because I haven't seen it. But I've seen plenty of the shorts, though non ultimately made my list.

Unregistered User
101 Dalmations is the first to appear from my list, had it at no. 11. Visually not as strong as Disney's other works but the storyline more than makes up for that. Plus it has possibly one of the best baddies in film history. It would always appear on my list but given the fact it's a favourite of my daughters, i ended up pushing it higher up.

Master of My Domain
101 Dalmatians is indeed a classic, but I didn't vote for it as in my opinion wasn't enough to be in a list of 25 of the best animated films ever made.

I have a lot to catch up on as I spent the weekend in Moscow and naturally didn't have time for forums. Could have sworn that I put The Fox and the Hound and Anastasia on my list, but I guess they didn't make the cut. Goes to show how many favorites that I had to cut from my Top 25. Fox and the Hound is light at moments and then irrepressibly heartbreaking in others. I usually break down when the old lady looks back at Todd after dropping him in the wild.

Anastasia has always been a lot of fun for me. Batok definitely steals the show, but that dog is also great. Unlike many here, I actually enjoy the Rasputin aspect of the story. I can see the arguments that it is unnecessary, but he is just such a well created villain I can't help but love his creepy face. Of course, I have never watched this movie with the intention of learning history and as long as you are cool with artistic license it's a great flick.

Animal Farm was a good watch for me, but I don't think it could ever make a Top 25 animations list for me just because I love the book so much more. Totally forgot about Bugs/Looney Tunes in any form for my list, but I'm certainly happy this made it. 101 Dalmatians is a movie I like, but don't love. In fact, I think I prefer the live action to the animation.

A system of cells interlinked
What are some of these edits in the Road Runner movie that have some people incensed?

What are some of these edits in the Road Runner movie that have some people incensed?
Don't remember the specifics. I haven't bothered to watch The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Movie since I was a kid. No need. Especially in this day and age, when the unedited originals are pretty easily available.

But when I saw the movie as I kid, I already had the originals memorized, from years of afternoon TV watching in the 1970s, where the Looney Tunes and many, many other cartoons from the '30s through '50s were shown in packages, almost daily. I knew when jokes or scenes were missing. And they were.

During the 1980s Bugs Bunny and the other Warner Bros. characters had a Saturday morning show, and my brother and I wouldn't watch that thing for the exact same reason: shortening cartoons.

Lord High Filmquisitor
While still a good movie in its own right, I aways felt that The Looney, Looney, Looney Bugs Bunny Movie and other sequels were superior to the first compilation film.

I like, but have never loved, 101 Dalmations.

So far, none of my picks have come up.

86. Paprika - Voting Stats

Total Points: 61
Part of a Numeric Tie? Yes, tied with The Bugs Bunny/Road-Runner Movie and 101 Dalmatians, but earned more votes than the others.
7 Votes: 4th Place (22 pts.), 9th Place (17 pts.), 18th Place (8 pts.), 20th Place (6 pts.), 21st Place (5 pts.), 24th Place (2 pts.), 25th Place (1 pt.)

85. 5 Centimeters Per Second - Voting Stats

Total Points: 63
Part of a Numeric Tie? Yes, tied with three other films, but more on that later.
4 Votes: 5th Place (21 pts.), 6th Place (20 pts.), 9th Place (17 pts.), 21st Place (5 pts.)

I watched Paprika for this list and it was a great watch. One that would potentially make my Top 25 animations upon further viewings. Five Centimeters Per Second was on my watchlist, but I unfortunately didn't get around to watching it. Will have to do so in the future.