The MoFo Top 100 Animated Films - The Countdown

→ in
Tools    

I seen Anastasia a long time ago so I can't give an exact rating. Because of major historical inaccuracies, I don't know if I'll like it. Probably a
. Hell, might as well give that film that rating on my IMDB in the mean time.

I recently read Animal Farm for school and I loved it. For some reason, my teacher showed the 1999 version and not the animated version (which I haven't seen). I hated the 1999 version.

I had Animal Farm at #7, the first movie from my list to show up(Prince Achmed was a near miss), and one of a few from my list I consider to be on the disturbing side. I loved it.

Haven't seen Anastasia.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
That Fox and the Hound gif.....you trying to make me cry???

Also late to the party, let's see here....

Brave Little Toaster I wanted to vote for it, desperately, but did not. I guess that means it makes my #26.

Shrek 2 Hated this one. I'm a fan of the original, but found this one to be irritating. I hope the other sequels don't make it.

A Bug's Life I guess this is confirmation that almost ALL of the Pixar films will make the cut? The only ones I think that won't are Cars and Cars 2. A Bug's Life is weaker Pixar, so if the others don't make it, I'll be shocked.

Cloudy with a chance of meatballs I am the only one who voted for it. It is colourful, witty and a lot of fun. Im kind of surprised I was the only one as well. It did well enough to warrant a sequel.

Looking at this list so far, I know for sure that a lot of mine won't make the cut.

Suspect's Reviews

Haven't seen Anastasia. Haven't seen Animal Farm in over a decade. Never cared much for the book, even at the height of my Orwell fandom.

I've not seen either of these two, though I enjoyed the book Animal Farm and I rather like the 1999 live action adaptation.

Anastasia doesn't look like my kind of movie at all.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
They're both very good movies. That's all I'll say because everything else has been said.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I like Anastasia well enough. It wasn't anything I would have considered for my list, but I liked it. Really, it's mostly Bartok that I like. Bats are cute.

Animal Farm is good, but I'd really just rather reread the book than watch the movie.

Cloudy with a chance of meatballs I am the only one who voted for it. It is colourful, witty and a lot of fun. Im kind of surprised I was the only one as well. It did well enough to warrant a sequel.
I gave a vote to the sequel only, preferred it over the first. Enjoyed the first one but prefer more animations over it so they got my votes instead.

Shrek 2 Hated this one. I'm a fan of the original, but found this one to be irritating. I hope the other sequels don't make it.
Is the correct answer.

90. Anastasia - Voting Stats

Total Points: 60
Part of a Numeric Tie? Yes, tied with Animal Farm
4 Votes: 7th Place (19 pts.), 11th Place (15 points), Two 13th Place (13 pts. each)

Edit: nevermind it was my mistake. I have the wrong list saved on my computer so I thought my vote for Anastasia was on 22nd place, but it was on 13, I have no idea why I changed it.

I've always loved Anastasia though.

I also love the book Animal Farm. I read it for English class when I was 16. It's one of those brilliant satirical classics (and it's also very compact and to the point, which I like). I've read it two more times since, I think, but I haven't seen the movie yet.

I've watched Anastasia in my youth once, but truth be told, I don't remember one thing about it, so I don't consider it truly "watched" yet.

The Brave Little Weeman Returns!
None of these films have been on my list, but I have watched Animal Farm and enjoyed it
. However, I might be adverse to it because I read the book first, and no adaptation will be able to come close in my mind. Even so, I am happy to see it on this list. I've never seen Anastasia and I watched The Fox and the Hound so long ago that I couldn't really remember it for this list, and Shrek 2 is just, OK. Not good, not particularly bad, just, OK. It works where it wants to, but nothing really excites me, or makes me go, "wow", like the first one did.

Reviews

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I know I have never seen Animal Farm. I've seen Anastasia at some point, but I wouldn't count it as a watch since I don't remember it.

MY LIST
10. Brave Little Toaster- NEAR MISS
19. Shrek 2

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I love Anastasia. It was #7 on my list. The voice actors do an amazing job, and the songs are great. And the little bat Bartok steals the movie.

I watched Animal Farm, but it didn't make my list.

Sorry folks. Something came up and I was not able to get today's posts up this morning before I had to leave for work. I'll get them posted tonight.

Animal Farm is the first from my list to appear on the countdown. I had it as my number thirteen. Like the Orwell it is adapted from, the cartoon is really timeless, even though they changed the ending to one of hope against the tide of tyranny. And now knowing that it was covertly funded by the Central Intelligence Agency as a piece of Cold War propaganda just makes it all the more delicious.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	equal.jpg
Views:	1025
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	18769  
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Lord High Filmquisitor
Anastasia was one that I always liked, but was overly-silly from the villain's half, I thought. Still, "In the Dark of the Night" is one of my favorite songs from any animated film and I have a soft spot for Russian history (thanks History Channel).

I haven't seen Animal Farm, which actually surprises me when I stop to think about it. I loved the novel and have heard nothing but good things about its adaptation. I'll have to make a point of tracking down a copy.