The MoFo Top 100 Animated Films - The Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Everyone keeps talking about Fantastic Planet, I've never seen it nor know what it's about.
Don't listen to the naysayers. Fantastic Planet is the greatest animated film ever made.

"Greatest" and "animated" don't really fit Fantastic Planet very well. It's more like a set of imaginative artforms put together in a disjointed narrative. Gandahar is so much better.

Fantastic Planet is indeed great, wouldn't say it's the greatest but minus the "est" YES.

Fantastic Planet is indeed great, wouldn't say it's the greatest but minus the "est" YES.
Good enough for me. The film has too many damn naysayers, so anyone who likes it even a smidgen is alright with me.

And THIS!

Even honeykid got seduced by this thing so much.

Well, that just totally discredits honeykid now in every possible way.
Outrageous. No wonder Guaporense hit the road. Post of the year???? THAT?!
It isn't just that. I'm sorry to say this, but I just didn't think it was that funny. This is how people get obsessed with certain directors and think everything they do is gold -- now everyone's this way with Weeman. He can do no wrong! But that was no Sexy Hitler. I'm sorry. I didn't laugh.
Oh my God. OH MY GOD. All those commentaries that I do with Honeykid... all those posts I've made with him... and Honeykid feels that Weeman's new video is the BEST POST OF THE YEAR?!

Well, that does it. NO MORE commentaries with Honeykid ever again. How dare he not think of all those intimate posts I made just for him during our commentaries. That is it! No more!
I thought this was a great opening, but then Weeman posted that new video and suddenly everyone turned into They Live brainwashed zombies over it.
Yes, absolutely. It's a whole underground mob. I was gonna bring this up earlier, in fact. I thought of it.
LOL I missed a lot while I was busy- can someone recap it for me?
OK, well, the list started. The Brave Little Toaster didn't make the 100. weeman lamented this in a video which SC seemed to think was supposed to be hilariously funny and wasn't and then... Well, pretty much, this happened.

98. A Bug's Life - Voting Stats

Total Points: 57
Part of a Numeric Tie? Yes, tied with Surf's Up and Tarzan.
5 Votes: 6th Place (20 pts.), 10th Place (16 pts.), 15th Place (11 pts.), 19th Place (7 pts.), 23rd Place (3 pts.)

97. Tarzan - Voting Stats

Total Points: 57
Part of a Numeric Tie? Yes, tied with Surf's Up and A Bug's Life.
5 Votes: 1st Place (25 pts.), 9th Place (17pts), 15th Place (11 pts.), Two 24th Place (2 pts. each)

Well, an early Pixar and a late entry of the Disney Renaissance. I am not a fan of either but they are solid good movies.

Hopefully the better (imo) Pixar and modern Disney titles will appear later in the list.

A Bug's Life is a really good, seemingly fogotten, Pixar. I had it at #19.

This will be a trend with me. Like Surf's Up, Tarazan has been on enough around me but I have never sat down and given it my proper attention. So I won't be marking it off my list.

The Pixar Fangirl in me can't help but enjoy A Bug's Life, though it's not a favorite and didn't get my vote. I haven't yet seen Tarzan.