The MoFo Top 100 of the 1970s: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Unregistered User
From that list of nearly-made-it's i had Wake in Fright, Richard Pryor and The Last Detail. I can't believe the latter didn't make the top 100. Anyway, my prediction is as follows:
1. Taxi Driver
2. The Godfather
3. Jaws
4. Apocalypse Now
5. Star Wars
6. Chinatown
7. Cuckoos nest
8. Godfather 2
9. Alien
10. Clockwork Orange

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Oh, and just to make things interesting, a prize!

If anyone nails the order perfectly, I'll buy them a Blu-ray, up to a reasonable price. If more than one person does it, I'll see if I can find something cheaper to placate the multiple winners.
Cool, but I haven't got no Blu-Ray player. xD
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

You know, if you think of the top ten as perfectly random (which of course it isn't), you would have a 1 in 3,628,800 chance of guessing the correct order of movies. I know, it's not perfectly random, because for instance it's easy enough to assume The Godfather will not end up at #10, but beyond that, it is pretty random from where all of us are sitting. So, with that in mind, I think it's pretty safe to say Yoda will be buying the blu-ray for Holden, and our chances of winning it are, well, pretty mathematically slim.

Looking over the list, I see there are still eight movies I've not seen. They are:

The Holy Mountain
Jeanne Dielman
Ali: Fear Eats the Soul
Walkabout
Suspiria
The Spirit of the Beehive
The Warriors
Stalker

All but two I plan on getting to in the near future, but there's a lot of stuff going on right now, so it'll be a little longer than I would like. But I will get to them. I'm most looking forward to The Spirit of the Beehive and Stalker.

You know, if you think of the top ten as perfectly random (which of course it isn't), you would have a 1 in 3,628,800 chance of guessing the correct order of movies. I know, it's not perfectly random, because for instance it's easy enough to assume The Godfather will not end up at #10, but beyond that, it is pretty random from where all of us are sitting. So, with that in mind, I think it's pretty safe to say Yoda will be buying the blu-ray for Holden, and our chances of winning it are, well, pretty mathematically slim.
Well aren't you a barrel of laughs.

Well aren't you a barrel of laughs.
Oh, I'm sorry, you're right. Your chances are EXCELLENT.

And it's not like I didn't play along, because hey, if I'm going to beat the odds, then I want it to count toward a brand-new blu-ray, even though I have nothing to play it on. But if I win, I'll go right out and buy a blu-ray player. I'll buy you one as well.

If i win i'm donating it to Holden, who i'm pretty sure is homeless And as we all know there's a horrific homeless people without Blu-Ray players campaign right now .

Oh, I'm sorry, you're right. Your chances are EXCELLENT.

And it's not like I didn't play along, because hey, if I'm going to beat the odds, then I want it to count toward a brand-new blu-ray, even though I have nothing to play it on. But if I win, I'll go right out and buy a blu-ray player. I'll buy you one as well.
Thank you. I just want to cling on to the delusion that I have a chance. I'll be sure to send you my address when I win - and no cheapo Blu-ray players, I want a good one.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
My prediction

1. The Godfather
2. Jaws
3. Star Wars
4. Taxi Driver
5. Chinatown
6. One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
7. The Godfather II
8. A Clockwork Orange
9. Apocalypse Now
10. Alien

There's a lot more chance to guess this top 10 right, because it's not just random. I know Kaplan already said that, but the chances of getting the order of this top ten right are truly significantly higher than the chances of guessing a random permutation of 10 elements.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be extremely impressive if someone actually got this right, but it's not like winning the lottery or anything.

Anyway, I'm eager to see the next two picks!

There's a lot more chance to guess this top 10 right, because it's not just random. I know Kaplan already said that, but the chances of getting the order of this top ten right are truly significantly higher than the chances of guessing a random permutation of 10 elements.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be extremely impressive if someone actually got this right, but it's not like winning the lottery or anything.

Anyway, I'm eager to see the next two picks!
You mean the one movie today and the second tomorrow.

Anybody else want to get in a last-minute prediction of the order?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

My prediction;

1. The Godfather
2. The Godfather II
3. Star Wars
4. Taxi Driver
5. Chinatown
6. Apocalypse Now
7. One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
8. Jaws
9. A Clockwork Orange
10. Alien
A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...