The MoFo Top 100 of the 1970s: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

48. Patton
47. French Connection
I think we're experiencing a "French connection" right now. Ménege â trois?

Wee wee, Monsieur!

CAPTAIN SPAULDING!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had it with your X-rated filth talk!

ZIP IT or I'm gonna NIP IT --- right in your badoobies!

Badlands and Cries and Whispers were on my list!

Badlands is one of my favorite Malick films and im happy it made the list. Though i thought it would be higher.

This what i wrote in last great foreign film you watched about Cries and Whispers

Cries and Whispers (1972) by Ingmar Bergman

My second favorite Bergman film, right after Persona. Sublime Cinematography by Sven Nykvist. A captivating story about the female psyche, repressed feelings and death with explicit scenes of horrific character.

Roger Ebert describes it very well in his greatest movies: "Bergman never made another film this painful. To see it is to touch the extremes of human feeling. It is so personal, so penetrating of privacy, we almost want to look away".

One of the most powerful movies i have seen and definitely in my top 20. Im sure i will revisit this movie in the near future.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

MY LIST
25. Will not make it, but really should have
Grease makes it, but no love for Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory? Disappointed.
Stop getting my hopes up people. [Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory is] not showing this far into the game.
Such a shame that Mr. Wonka has failed to show up
If Wonka isn’t on in the next 4 it will be the 70s version of Mystic River. And Titanic. And Gandhi.
Or the ‘70s version of a beloved classic that will be in the top half of the countdown, despite/because of it being a “kid’s movie”? We’ll just have to wait and see.

And now, rauldc14 must officially retire from prognasticating.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	latex.jpg
Views:	1025
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	16628  

I would be surprised and pleased if my #1 doesn't show up in the next couple days.
Cassavetes finally makes the list, in the top fifty, and finds himself in a numerical tie with industrialist/confectioner William Wonka at one hundred and seventy-four points, each. A Woman Under the Influence was on just ten lists, but six of those were top tens: a ninth place, a fourth place, a pair of second place, and two first place votes, making it the first film on our countdown with multiple twenty-five-point nods. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory had five top ten finishes - a fourth, a tenth, and three ninth place votes, but was on eighteen ballots, total. Because eight more MoFos included it somewhere on their lists, Willy Wonka takes the higher spot on the countdown.

RAUL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wake up!!!!!!! It's here!!!! It's here!!!!! Willy Wonka is here!!!!!!!!!

Neither film is on my list, though they're both decent enough. Willy Wonka just doesn't do much for me, though I'll make sure to give it a proper viewing here soon, and I do like A Woman Under the Influence, but I've only seen it once. Unlike The Killing of Chinese Bookie, which I've seen several times, both its long version and, in my eyes, the much better reedited shorter version, and it was up for consideration on my list, but in the end I didn't include any Cassavetes films. I suppose this means The Killing of a Chinese Bookie won't make the list, but I was hoping it would.

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Or the ‘70s version of a beloved classic that will be in the top half of the countdown, despite/because of it being a “kid’s movie”? We’ll just have to wait and see.

And now, rauldc14 must officially retire from prognasticating.
You're really starting to suck as a host, ya know, by trying to take away people's happiness. This is something Raul is looking forward to and you do nothing but give canned snark. Shame on you.

You're really starting to suck as a host, ya know, by trying to take away people's happiness. This is something Raul is looking forward to and you do nothing but give canned snark. Shame on you.
Have you ever considered the idea that you're the one making him so snarky?

Have you ever considered the idea that you're the one making him so snarky?
No. That's how Holden's acting.