The MoFo Top 100 of the 1970s: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Grease is a fantastic movie - number 11 on my list. Saw it the first time when I was about 10 - went to a double bill with my Mum Saw Saturday Night Fever on the same night. Have loved it ever since and even re-watched it a couple of months ago and still did. It helps that I still love the music.

100.Logan's Run

99. The Omen
-
98. Being There

97. Fantastic Planet
-
96. All That Jazz
+
91. Sleuth
+
86. Autumn Sonata

85. Ali: Fear Eats the Soul
-
78. MASH

76. Hausu

75. All the President's
-
73. Marathon Man
+
71. The Conformist
+
70. Mad Max

66. National Lampoon's Animal House

65. Suspiria

64. The Last Picture Show

62. The Spirit of the Beehive
Number 4 on my list
Grease
Number 11 on my list

58. Badlands
+

Are you new to the site? It's a kids film, of course it'll be on here. Are there any more Muppet films from the 70's? Cos if there are, they'll show up too.
Being a kids' film is no guarantee of a place on the countdown. If it was, my #1 would've made the cut.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
I've never seen Patton....
A very good film and George C. Scott is great. You may also like the sequel: Patton Oswalt.

I'm only mentioning the part of my list that has been named on your list. I'm assuming that's OK. Yes?

Invasion of the Body Snatchers ~ My 4 ~ Your 68.
Breaking Away ~ My 8 ~ Your 95.
National Lampoon's Animal House ~ My 10 ~ Your 66.
Grease ~ My 12 ~ Your 59.
Marathon Man ~ My 19 ~ Your 73.
The Sting ~ My 21 ~ Your 57.
Badlands ~ My 24 ~ Your 58.

Only 7 movies out of 44. Ooops! I can't believe I forgot about Assault on Precinct 13. I just watched it on the same week I made and sent my list. Duh!!!

Pretty good list so far, except Rocky 2 of course.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I'm no fan of Suspiria except for that exceptional opening.

Suspect's Reviews

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Peter Weir's Picnic at Hanging Rock was only on nine lists, but five of those were top tens: a second, a third, a fourth, and a pair of ninth place votes. Serpico was on thirteen ballots with four top tens: a second, a fifth, a ninth, and a tenth.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fever Serpico.jpg
Views:	860
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	16582