The MoFo Top 100 of the 1970s: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I think my contributions to these decade themed countdowns are gonna end with the 50s.

Are you kidding? The 40s has some of the best Cary Grant, James Stewart, Henry Fonda and Gene Tierney movies, plus some great Hitchcock movies. Abbott & Costello movies, and so much more.

All this Frankenstein talk, I so wish Spirit of the Beehive was on deck for tomorrow.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

His voice grates on my nerves.
Although I do love Rear Window and like Vertigo.
Rear Window, seriously? We agree on next to nothing, after reading that you liked Hitchcock i thought we'd finally agree on something . Vertigo is amazing though .

Rear Window, seriously?
You don't like Rear Window? Really?

It's my favorite Hitchcock, by far. It's also responsible for changing my mind about him. My first Hitchcock was The Birds and I absolutely hated it. I was really reluctant to try more of his work and then I saw Rear Window.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

It's my favorite Hitchcock, by far. It's also responsible for changing my mind about him. My first Hitchcock was The Birds and I absolutely hated it. I was really reluctant to try more of his work and then I saw Rear Window.
"The Birds" isn't a good movie to judge Hitchcock. Most of his best movies are more suspense than horror, but "The Birds" is more horror than suspense.

I don't. I liked it the first time i watched it, when i was a kid with my mum whose favourite director is Hitchcock. After rewatching it a year or two ago it just really irrated me i honestly can't describe it any other way, and i like James Stewart and his cheesegrater voice .

Now it's time for me to go into hiding with my boy Lucas who also dislikes it .

Probably more than me.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
Never seen all of MASH or Mean Streets only snippets here and here. MASH looked meandering and Mean Streets haven't seen enough of.

Will Annie Hall make the Top Ten?

Never seen all of MASH or Mean Streets only snippets here and here. MASH looked meandering and Mean Streets haven't seen enough of.

Will Annie Hall make the Top Ten?
If any Woody Allen movie makes the top 20 i'll be surprised, more than likely Annie Hall will be the highest; hopefully Manhattan shocks everyone or just me though.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
Isn't Annie Hall easily one of the best films of the 70s though?