The MoFo Top 100 of the 1970s: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

I can't find 90' list?

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

My Favorite decade of films is 1975 to 1985

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
Never saw F for Fake but I did catch F for Kafe, a little known film by Orson Welles' dyslexic twin brother. I need to see The Man Who Would be King again. I remember liking it but not much of it, if I even saw the entire thing.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Honeykid will be delighted with that pairing.

Not seen the Carpenter, but I saw The Wicker Man just before I sent in my list, not good enough to make it, but a good and interesting film that I can see why it is a cult favourite. My succinct thoughts on the film after I saw it:

Very good and interesting film. Whilst I didn't absolutely love it, it's easy to see why this is such a cult classic. Quite simplistic in its approach, it feels at times low budget (but realistic/grounded, I can see why a remake with Nic Cage in the lead role would be terrible), but this, coupled with the British and religious setting gives it a fantastic eerie atmosphere that is at times fascinatingly terrifying - those masks!

0/2

Assault on Precinct 13 looks very interesting.
Judging by your taste I would recommend The Wicker Man too. Rural British setting (Straw Dogs), mystery (You love Lynch, then there's Chinatown, Long Goodbye and Rosemary's Baby in your top ten), religious undertones (a bit like Rosemary's Baby), the overall creepy atmosphere (again, you love Lynch) and the weird creature masks and rituals (you love unusual creatures/mutations etc. and whilst they don't strictly have them it's similar).

I'd be surprised if you didn't like it.

Pleasantly surprised to see both of these show up. I've long been a fan of Assault on Precinct 13; I didn't vote for it, but I did consider it.

The Wicker Man is a very good horror movie that I didn't vote for either.

I liked The Man Who Would Be King, but didn't quite love it. It was a lot more fun than I expected, and it's easy to see why it made this countdown.

That's 2 of mine in one go...

Nice

Would have liked them to be a bit higher but I'll take any as long as they make the cut

16. The Wicker Man - 79th
17. Logan’s Run - 100th
25. Assault On Precinct 13 - 80th