The MoFo Top 100 of the 1970s: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Don't tell me your afraid of a little man on man affection. Come on Sexy, it's 2014.
I would install more obscene smileys if I could.

I need a smiley that's banging a ... gong.

The Tenant looks good
Hey, hey, hey. Stay on topic. Where do you get off thinking you can voice your opinion about the 70's countdown in here?

This is strictly for Sexy Celebrity so he/she (I haven't been around long enough to figure that out yet sorry) can rage against the machine.

Let the night air cool you off
This is strictly for Sexy Celebrity so he/she (I haven't been around long enough to figure that out yet sorry) can rage against the machine.
He/She's been here for over a decade, and nobody else has been able to figure it out yet either.

The Tenant is really good and really creepy. Among Polanski's Apartment Trilogy I'd put it ahead of Repulsion, but Rosemary's Baby is unbeatable.

Also, why do people like Holden and Mark F get about 10+ reps and I get nothing and I was the more calm and rational person in this entire conversation?

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
Will The Sting make the top 20?

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
Lotsa people love that movie.

It's probably not very surprising when I tell you that it's also on mine. I think it might reacht the top 30. It doesn't have many haters around here and a large enough group of people seems to like it quite a bit.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
And I watched Coffy the other day! I knew it was coming! Psychic Isaac is no match for me!

The best scene:
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Long ago on these types of lists, not just here and other fan or user generated ones but things like the AFI lists and such, I learned to let go fretting about the order and just to enjoy the mix of things that make the cut. I love the diversity of our list, and don't really care all that much that this one is higher or lower than another.

But that's just me. Also, I have the benefit of seeing the whole list, already.

Bergman's Autumn Sonata was on seven ballots and had two top ten votes (a fourth and a fifth place), while Fassbinder's Ali was on six lists total, but had three top ten votes: two third placers and one fourth.

Two great films! I couldn't find the places to fit either into my own list at the time. If I were to write the list now I wouldn't be surprised if one or indeed both were included.