The MoFo Top 100 of the 1970s: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

How is such a thing even possible
Just lucky I guess.
Me neither. Don't think it's going to happen, though. Top 3 is possible. Top 5 probable.

The Omen is pretty meh for me. Love Logan's Run though. Great start!

What are we waiting for?

I am a little pissed at myself as I made a major omission from my list and even thought about sending Holds a message to change it, but eh, I hope it will make the list all by itself. I don't really see how it can't. With snoozers like The Omen already here though? We'll see.

Are you a fan of the Lindsay Lohan movie, Vicky?
I refuse to watch it. I reserve my love for the original four.

There's also a made for TV Herbie movie starring Bruce Campbell that I found on youtube and attempted to watch once, but it was pretty terrible and I couldn't finish it.

How bout that, I'm one for two.

Logan's Run was on my list. I seen it first run back in the day, yup I'm an old timer. I loved it then and I still do.

Sure the sets and effects look dated now but back in the day the film looked pretty amazing and the very concept of having ANYTHING you want...with one price...you check out at 30. Or could you be reborn in Carousel, or maybe not.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
Meanwhile, I'm wondering how this theory works with Scottish men in plaid kilts.
Well, we were talking plaid and overalls. Kilts are plaid but more like over*alls so it's different.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The last time that I trusted a dame was in Paris in 1940. She said she was going out to get a bottle of wine. Two hours later, the Germans marched into France.

While I can't say anything for those two films, since I haven't seem them...I'm sad to see Murder By Death not make the list. I had high hopes for it because it is hilarious and I watched it along with Clue and Gosford Park as inspiration for my feature murder mystery script: Murder A La Mode.

Suspect's Reviews

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
The last time that I trusted a dame was in Paris in 1940. She said she was going out to get a bottle of wine. Two hours later, the Germans marched into France.

While I can't say anything for those two films, since I haven't seem them...I'm sad to see Murder By Death not make the list. I had high hopes for it because it is hilarious and I watched it along with Clue and Gosford Park as inspiration for my feature murder mystery script: Murder A La Mode.

I had "Murder By Death" on my list too, I didn't expect it to rate very high, but I was hoping that it would have at least made the bottom part of the list.

A strange though promising start to me. The omen is the first entry on my top25 to appear, I like to see it as an improved version of The exorcist that relies more on creating suspense in a continuous storytelling and less on pure shock bursts. I'm not admittedly much of a fan of the horror genre, but The omen is probably the kind of horror I'm most inclined to enjoy.

I hadn't watched Logan's run yet, I did however as soon as I saw it on the list and... and I didn't like it. It's not even the campy/psychedelic scenarios and clothing that have aged quite badly, the movie has some kind of charm with them, but the storytelling is downright terrible. Too many things happening and the characters undergoing too many changes in their point of view, in a short amount of time. Maybe the series version could convey the imaginative and significant ideas of its premise in a much more sufficient way, because this movie lacked development at about any department. And those dialogues. They sure are something.

I expect this list to not be as solid (from my point of view) as the 80s, 90s and 00s. There are many great 70s movies in there, but overall this is to me a decade of continuous disappointments with popular stuff. Yep, The exorcist and Logan's run are just two of them

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
If it was Sexy doing it, we would have already known half of these.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra