The mood ring is a serious symbol, Marky Mark is able to avoid the death toxins affect at least once in the film, But like I said before, look at the work of M Night, and how this movie doesnt pull the whole movie together at the end for all people to say "I GET IT", why? You cant just say he did this for no reason, I have to assume his message to be so radical, it had to be kept secret, so what is the secret last scene that ties the movie together? The TV show of course!, and It pretty much smashed the so-called experts opinion on "the happening"...( as I watch TV, especially news or information programming right now in this country of the US, I see lies and lies and no one pointing out the lies, basically my TV has become facist propoganda, it got America to agree to Iraq and other Middle Eastern Wars, and was used to scare us into wanting the Patriot Act, which simply gives the president dictator like powers in certain areas he didnt have power in before. Americans think the news they read or watch is non biased, its completely the veiws of RICH RICH RICH international conglomorate powers far greater in power than most countries.) So this TV expert in "the Happening", is just trying to convince the people "its the Plants", because plants are like "terrorist" you can really defeat them. Its an enemy that a secret enemy could use as the facade to commit mass murder, Research Depopulization people its not a new issue, the US government used sterilization in the 1920 in its own society. China arrests families for having 2 children, ITs been an issue for a long time, and our world population of 6 billion is believed by some to be out of control, who believes that, well it just happens to be the RICH RICH RICH international conglomorate powers far greater in power than most countries. (BildenBurg Group). So I gotta say M. Night is warning those of us who are smart enough to be worth warning, But to finish what I started at the very top, If this was a top secret government weapon, did it have the ability to save people deemed worthy? What about the multple scenes where some americans refuse to help others with rides seemingly leaving them to die, and even the scene where they Kill those children bc they dont want to get affected? Could our government soon try to turn us all against ourselves, so we "kill ourselves" and do all the dirty work for them? Anyone who thinks this movie is about Killer Plants and going green, thats all part of the facade of the film as this cheesy B movie, there are layers of metaphor and truth, I mean, alot of people really believe the first man on this earth was named Adam and he lost a rib and Eve came into existance and later at an Apple(Check out the Mac Logo) from an evil snake and caused us all to be evil by nature and need control. But alot of other people think thats a story with a message far more important that the literal facts. Those of you who don't like my ideas? Check yourself, are you scared of them being true?, if they were true would you even want to know or have it proved to you?, and why would you not want to know if it was true? Whats more important, Comfort, or Freedom?