Paul Blart: Mall Cop (Steve Carr, 2009)

Now when I before the movie started for this, I had very mixed reactions for it, I mean I thought the trailer looked pretty funny and Kevin James is always hilarious. And I actually tend to like a lot of the stupid comedies that comes out, because I just find them funny, except more of the recent stupid comedies really haven’t impressed me that much, I was glad to see Paul Blart: Mall Cop change the recent trend. Now I’m not saying that this movie is a masterpiece or anything, but I can say that it’s very enjoyable and easily worth the price of an admission ticket. I think that, for the most part, you should be able to enjoy this as long as you expect to see a stupid comedy before watching it.

I did really like how the ending turned into more of an action movie, yet it still had all these funny comedy moments in it. I don’t really know how to explain it; I guess you could call it a comedy version of Die Hard, except the main hero really isn’t all that tough. What I didn’t like was this spoiled the ending to Bonnie and Clyde for me though, I guess I’ll still see it sometime, but now I already know the ending. I just hate when movies spoil the ending to other movies for you, it just upsets me. Besides that, there really wasn’t much that I didn’t like about it, mainly because I didn’t really take it seriously most of the movie. I do have to say that this is probably one of the funniest movies I’ve seen in a while, maybe not as funny Pineapple Express, Tropic Thunder, or Role Models or anything, but I was laughing throughout most of the movie.

The best thing about this, by far, definitely was Kevin James; I don’t think I’ve seen him in a role yet that he hasn’t been hilarious in. One of the funniest things he did in this movie was trying to juke out two of these bad guys on a segway, I know it doesn’t really sound all that funny, but it was hilarious if you saw it. He will always be Doug Heffernan from Kings of Queens to me though; none of his performances will ever top him in that though. Someone that really surprised me in this was Jayma Mays, now most of you may know her as that annoying girl that you just wanted to die from Epic Movie. I swear, she’s gotten really hot since Epic Movie, and was surprisingly pretty funny in this, I just loved seeing her in scenes, because like I said she was just really hot. This actually had some new actors that I really haven’t seen in anything before that were actually pretty funny, like Adhir Kalyan, whenever he was talking on the phone with Blart, I was just laughing.

Overall, I was glad that I decided to go and see this, because it was actually pretty funny. This is one that I’d definitely try and check out sometime before it leaves theaters as long as you don’t mind stupid comedies. If you don’t like stupid comedies, then you probably won’t like this at all, and should stay away from it. If you’re on the fence about it though, you should probably wait to see it on DVD. I do have to say, Kevin James fans won’t be disappointed, he was hilarious in this. It’s a huge step up from Steve Carr’s other movies like, Rebound and Daddy Day Care, so don’t let those stop you from seeing this.