Punisher: X-mas (Jan. 2007)

Moore • Smith • White

Jingle bells, mobsters smell, Punisher's blasting lead, Russian lost a wheel, and Gnucci got away. Sounds weird huh, well it is just about as weird as Punisher during the holidays. In this one-shot, our story is simple, a kid got shot by either a mobster, or a cop, now Punisher has to go after that "new-age" mobster.

The main problem with one-shots is that the story seems rushed, this one does too. Solutions come to quick and the way Punisher dispatches villains just wasn't great for me (see Cavella's death for a great one.)

Another problem again comes from the writing. Not what Punisher says or does, but the way the panels are set up. It was at times, very repetitive and kind of boring, this is (as I've probably said before) one of the main problems in Punisher comics. It seems that all the TPB's I own, is written in the same way, keep it changing (see Punisher kills the Marvel Universe for a great panel set up.)

I did however, like this issue. It was for the unintentional laugh. I mean just seeing the first panel crack me up, and the cover. It was so un-Punisher (yeah, I made a word up, add this to your glossary) like.

Rating: 3/5 Read it because I took a lot of effort in my song man.