Vincent (Tim Burton, 1982)

This is one of my favorite short subjects. I find it almost perfect. Vincent Price's narration is beyond extravagant praise, and the visuals are chockfull of scenes which Burton later elaborated on, or they're homages to his fave films. I really want to discuss this film, but maybe you should watch it first.

(Don't worry about the spoilers; this is the entire film, even if it's slowed down a tad.) Also, you MUST remember that Vincent Price RULES!!

Frankenweenie (Tim Burton, 1984)

This film contains some of the greatest B&W cinematography of all time. It's also the best homage to the original Frankenstein that I've seen. I already put Young Frankenstein in my Top 100, and although that pays homage to about five Frankenstein films, this one isn't a spoof.

is the first part of the flick. The whole thing is about 30 minutes long, so I'm going to post it in 10 minute increments.

. It is on the The Nightmare Before Christmas DVD, but Burton already told me to let you watch it. He wants people to watch it because it's great.

the final third of the amazing Frankenweenie.

I want to discuss it, but I'd rather you guys start the discussion. After all, I don't want to turn everybody into an Anti-linespalsy, blithering idiot! HA!

I'm going to post Buster Keaton's Sherlock Jr. (
) and Laurel and Hardy's The Music Box (
), but I'll do that later.