Black Robe's main character is fictional but is based on a historical character. To quote from the Reel Ameriacn History site -

http://www.lehigh.edu/~ineng/ejg/rah.html

which has a nice list of films

"While the fictional character Paul Laforgue shares his historical ancestor's aversion to the Algonquin lifestyle, Laforgue's ultimate connection with history is through Noel Chabanel, one of the Catholic martyrs of North America. Chabanel arrived in Huron territory in 1643 and had similar complaints to Le Jeune's regarding the smoky tents and dogs. Although tempted to return to France and a more comfortable ministry, he vows (as Laforgue does) to remain with the Hurons until his death. That vow is fulfilled in 1649, when the Huron Mission is overrun by the Iroquois and Chabanel is killed, either by an Iroquois or an apostate Huron. The Iroquois were in competition with the Hurons for trading rights with the French, and the Christianized Hurons were especially a threat to Iroquois commerce. After that attack, the Huron Mission is permanently abandoned. The French Jesuit missionary presence remained in Canada well into the nineteenth century but never reached the prominence it held in the 1640s."

To me, Black Robe presents the most realistic view of Native American life in the movies.

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx